1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 thing that have been bothering me for a long time

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zelulose, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Zelulose

Why is it that in this game we are baited into playing a class with a starting weapon that we like. But then We awaken and have to use the stronger weapon we don't like for awakening skills? Why is there no awakening for regular starting weapons? Every time I get close to awakening, I can't keep playing because I know my game-play will have to change from what I like to a weapon I consider boring as if weapon locking alone was not bad enough.

VasilisD likes this.
  2. Lazesight

Because forceing people to try other classes for a awakening style they like is usually profitable with the pearl shop.

3. Zelulose

How? I never spent money on their pearl shop and even quit the game for 1 year only coming back now to see what changed but likely will never spend money to the cash shop since I can't get into gameplay past level 56ish

4. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Then quit the game. Because it won't change.

Zelulose likes this.
  5. Zelulose

Alright Will do I mean its their money lost. I do spend money in cash shops when I like a game.

6. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Seriously though. You have the internet at your disposal to research and find a class you enjoy.

Out of 10,000 hours, 9,996 are in awakening.

Columba and Krysantha like this.
  7. Zelulose

That is the sad part. I think the non awakening skills are way more fun unless you are a ninja.

8. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Well they are adding a weapon that goes in the awakening slot that is just +60 monster AP that makes preawakening grinding viable

Zelulose likes this.
  9. MalGuldur

Play ranger youll be using your bow 60% of the time.

Zelulose and Fateneko like this.
  10. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Well luckily they added trial characters, so you can now try every class with all of its skills (non awakening and awakening ones). Maybe you find some awakening you do enjoy, and that isn't too repetative for you.
    Truth is that 90% of grinding does include only awakening skills, making non awakening weapons seem pretty useless. However if you PvP, non awakening is still used a lot with lots of classes. PvE can get very repetative with only one weapon though, but that's only if you go for full efficiency. I noticed that most people tend to play this game like they are in an extreme rush for something which I just don't get really. The game is supposed to be enjoyable, and if it's more enjoyable to use non awkening skills for you then why not use them? As far as I know only endgame grinding pve spots require repetative skill rotations, and almost only awk weapon skills. But other spots such as fogans/gahaz/nagas/blood wolves/etc. where mobs die easier are just as doable with non awakening skills too, when you level them up fully and put absolutes. I kill fogans equally as fast with non awkening and awakening skills, and it is much more fun to switch between 2 weapons since you know, we have them. The more diverse combat animations the better right :) ? If you like playing this game at your own pace I don't think this should be an issue.

Edit: It also depends a lot on the class ofc. Some classes use more awakening skills then others even on higher pve spots. I myself am not that knowledgable about other classes so I can unfortunatelly only speak from my own experience.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  11. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

Not if you play a sorc, at best it is 50:50.

12. MalGuldur

How can you not be in a rush playing this game when the people youre competing with have months of smh/castle payouts in their pockets.

13. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Maehwa disagree here about the OP.

14. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

True. But it is still a videogame. Players can decide if they want to compete with others or not. This game had a lot of unfair ways to get big sums of money, and still has. There is so much p2w ways to get silver that I think it's useless to even start talking about it because it's something that is obvious to everyone. I see that only fair competition would be against players that spend equal ammount of time and effort in the game. For example when a player oneshots me on a spot I don't see it as any kind of a competition, it is just obvious that they put either more money/time/effort into the game then I did. In my case, I am just not able to spend so much time into the game so there is nothing to compete with here. I know very well I won't reach this and that gearscore or this and that level, but it certanly doesn't stop me from enjoying the game itself. I like its visuals, world, gameplay animations, and it has so much stuff to do in it that you can't get bored of it at all if you do a bit of everything.
    If casual players keep seeing this game as a huge race/competition they will just dissapoint themselves. There is no way to catch up with people who have been here for so long, or that were just blessed by RNG. You will always be behind them.

So my opinion is that every player should find their own pace, and if they like pvp just fight with people who have around equal gearscore as them so duels can last at least more then 2 seconds and be actually fun.
    I am also aware that not many people share this view ofc, but I enjoy keeping the game fun for me so I can continue playing it. If I just endlessly chase people who spend 10h per day, or sell/melt 30 outfits per week for a faster progress then it just gets depressing and you realize how much moronic mechanics this game actally has :/

15. Deyric

Once again talking out of your @**

16. zhagsten

Pearl Abyss already admitted the awakening system was a mistake. But it's too late, so they just try to correct it by giving more power to pre-awakening and more possibilities to switch between them.

17. BboydD

Create a trial character before spending money into your main

18. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Pick a class with awakening weapon/skills you like..

Columba likes this.
  19. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

I originally picked DK because I liked the look of both, I didn't quite understand at the time that the awakening was more short to mid ranged attack though and I was kind of upset that I didn't get to use my big sword anymore. However with enough skill points I now actually do rotations between both so I'm sure there are other characters out there similar.

20. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

You can always use Trial Characters as well to check all their moves and weapons without having to level and gear one up.

Zelulose likes this.