1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10/26/2017 Spot Maintenance

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Cool, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Karaad

I barely get time to play anymore, maybe 45min in the morning before work if I decide to wake up to grind a bit and 2-3 hours in the evening IF I can...right now I should be grinding. The servers have been up all day and you're just now deciding to bring them down for 'spot maintenance'? I think they call it a 'hot fix' normally.

You NEED a test server. You NEED to push these updates to the test server FIRST before rolling them over to the main servers. So many issues could be thwarted by pushing maintenance back 1 day, updating your test servers and making sure everything works fine, THEN pushing the updates tot he main servers. Literally every mmo in the history of mmo's has done this. Come on guys...

2. Malnixis

agreed

3. Aerys89

They Soory guys

Attached Files:

4. Asunai

They doing maintenance now? Can't boot up the game get a maintenance message

5. Shadow_Faux

You're assuming they're even thinking things through far enough to employ that "Standard Operating Process" of deploying to a Test environment and verifying all edits before pushing those updates to Live customer servers. Any real Developer, Server or Network Architect, or even a real Admin knows that's best practice. Oh wait... we're talking BDO so this must be to fix someone's pearl shop item that's only been purchased 2-3 times total.

6. Sebaz

Karaad I agree with you 100%. I come from LOTRO they ALWAYS did it with a test server first. Anyway I play 14 hours a day I am on steam this is just a account I use to ask questions sometimes.

In general I never have any issues with lag, bugs, MP, or anything else. I think they should get a pass, give them the time that's needed to fix things right. If it takes 1H fine if it takes a entire day fine. Also this is the first time in 4 or 5 months since there has been a major issue, its fine they are only human. Watch a good movie, or throw on some Netflix the world will not end I assure you guys of this.

7. Kilreve

I'm predicting no real compensation will be given...but there's a high chance of useless gm blessings tonight.

Metalharpey and Hyo like this.
  8. Utsukaze

i went out for 30 mintes on kamasylve 4, at gahaz, watched a group of mobs attacking nothing then died and lost an agility crystal, pretty sure PVE was broken too lol

9. Utsukaze

yea at least archeage tried to do the same thing, but only a few days in advance lol so it usually backfired and they sent the broken patch live xD

10. J_Bizzle44

Instead of GM Blessings...give us a few more cracks at the 1pearl Kama Blessings. I would love to get a few more of those. Or even the 7-day books.

11. Pastel Babydoll

Soooo... I'm glad I am so casual that none of this really affects me... but seeing people who really do just want to enjoy the game and who aren't as casual players and the fact that they lose so much when things like this happen, kinda sucks. I also can agree, that just because some CANNOT log in at all, does not mean, others don't have the right to be upset, just because they CAN log in. They can log in...to what? They've logged in only to waste items or guild quests and such, from what I'm seeing, so if anything they logged in to lose more.

Saying someone shouldn't complain because other's have it worse also, is always a pretty irrelevant way to look at things, or no one would to be content since others have it so much better often.SUCH AS... the players who were fortunate enough to not log in and lose so much.

As a company, I'd hope they test the servers and patches before running them, but from what I am reading, it seems this happens often? I'm just returning to the game from a long break, from leaving because other issues I've had with the game myself. Luckily for me, I play casually. Others who don't, well it's unfair to them. XO

12. J_Bizzle44

You weren't paying attention...it was there.

13. Dany333

4 min to go !!!!

14. Noksie

15. PureRose

Lol even archage and blade and soul have test servers and I don't even play them anymore. SMH

16. Tazbon

Almost every MMO I have ever played has had a test server. Guess what, they don't keep issues like this from happening. Archeage has a test server and that game has been a piece of crap after every update. We are not talking 1 to 2 days of issues, but weeks. Kakao has done a great job of delivering content with very few issues. Quit whining and do something else for an hour or two.

Saerenne, NiNkitty and J_Bizzle44 like this.
  17. Drunkentiger

18. Strawhat

I didn't see anyone else complain about pets, but I was having troubles with my pets' skills being activated whether I had it check on or off :(

19. Caden

been experiencing this after the "PearlAbyss" Logo my game automatically exits

20. Stiles

They are late...