1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Female classes, 6 male

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kraved, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostYea

You do realize that, given the fact that the 80-90% of the playerbase is MALE, having male chars with less armor and more abs would be a turn off for the most?

Anyway, I'm that guy than can't play female chars because I can't get the immersion in a ROLE PLAYING game. So yeah, more female classes saddens me quite a bit. :(

eitheldin likes this.
  2. Roechacca

I liked those western outfits they just released. Anyone think a Gunslinger class might be in future? I think that'd be cool male class. Or is a gunslinger too far out of the settings of BDO?

3. Caldrana

I don't mind the more fem classes then males, my only annoyance was the excuse given at the start regarding the status quo. Back before Musa/Mae, Nin/Kuno etc they said making a male ver of some existing classes would have been too similar and preferred making something truly new. Yet here we are a while later with most male classes having a more or less female clone while the fem ones keep their exclusives.

eitheldin likes this.
  4. Dark Eus

if i could only talk to my younger self and tell him... a shame this happens.. i feel sry only for my wasted time to end like this and the friends from my guild, i am glad to see there are others who think the female classes dominance is a wrong thing but maybe one day things get repaired and on the right path :D

5. Kusaragii

You could imagine your female avatar is a futa.

But jokes aside, having several female classes make more sense from a business standpoint. If both females and males were buying more male class aesthetic items, and actually playing those characters then it would have been a more lucrative business to make more male classes. But female classes is how you make money, they are popular, beautiful, and keep both females and males interested in dressing up their avatar. I'm not one of those people who project themself on their character so I cannot understand the feelings of those guys who want to feel as if they are their character considering bdo sometimes feels more like a fighting game than an actual rpg that you build some story for your character.

I apologize I'm typing on my cellphone. So I can't put all my thoughts.

Skulldemon likes this.
  6. Kuu

Kuu

Except the cost involved increases a lot. To no real profit on the upkeep. BDO is no longer the old days where people were big blocks of runscape, and had 3 frame animations.

These days they do motion captures and massive artistic challenges to keep producing a lot of animations and costumes. It's just doubles the work without double the profit.

Because let's be real, between wizard and witch, the arguably lease amount of animations, and costume variances, the witch profits probably triple if not quadruple the wizard version.

Almost all modern games that are known for their lush graphics eventually start "Hero"izing, or in this case, gender locking, their systems, because of the vast savings in manpower and asset costs.

Lore wise also, they cheated by saying elves single asexual, shaped from the mother tree

7. devante

So wear boots and go braless

8. vapor.red

9. Roechacca

Pass. Not my thing. You enjoy it for me.

eitheldin likes this.
  10. Jennaby1221

just another topic for people to b*tch about.. relax ur selves.. im sure you will get a male class to play after the class after mystic..At the same time if ur familiar with mmos you should be used to the fact that there is more female classes than males..

11. Roechacca

I don't think the B word is appropriate in a thread about too many females. Next thing you know it will be flooded with sammiches and kitchen photos. Best to avoid all that an keep this SJW friendly.

Komino and eitheldin like this.
  12. Vix

Vix

I can definitely relate cause I avoid games that force me to play a male. I just find them less enjoyable as I strongly prefer to play as my own gender. And I absolutely agree there should be more male classes, as well as more not skimpy outfits for female classes.
    Not saying "delete all skimpy stuff, down with the patriarchy". I just like pants and there's not enough of them in this game.
    And some of those skimpy outfits in bdo are just ugly af.
    Karlstein would look a lot better if instead of a leather diaper it had tight leather pants.

13. notAlpha

male archer when?

Vix and eitheldin like this.
  14. FrostYea

I mean, it's called mmoRPG for a reason, ya'know?

15. It's funny how trolls show up every time there's a thread about male classes, trolling about homosexuality and stuff. Not all men who play male classes are gay, the world is much more than this, people are much more than "I want more male classes cause I'm gay". Get over it. Play your female classes, no one is going to take them away from you, don't worry "macho men".

People have been asking for more male classes for ages, I think we really need some changes.

#35 eitheldin, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
    0ppa, Capitaine Courage, Vix and 2 others like this.
  16. residente

Lol why do you think female characters are so popular? For this precise reason.

There are too many bois in this game that wish they were girls, but they will call you gay at the slightest oportunity if you actually want to roleplay as your own gender.

#36 residente, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  17. Beeso

I would prefer a Fatbastard character

Slothboner+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+34+at+_0203e748c646a6836c341577cf721f92.jpg

..But i'll take it.

18. Because they have breasts and many dudes stare at them while afk fishing?

19. residente

Call me a madman but when I afk fish I'm actually not looking at the game, and if I wanted to stare at a pair of breasts I'd rather look them in Google than in a poorly animated videogame.

20. I agree but many don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.