1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"10 million registered users!"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ephemiel, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ephemiel

Wet Cake and RageAgainst like this.
  2. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

The keyword is "registered" ... it looks nice to people who can't differentiate between "registered", "active", or "concurrent".

Allan1985, Zit, Dan Hot and 19 others like this.
  3. Ephemiel

Which is most people since they only look at the number.

Wet Cake and Mana_Mafia like this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Key word..OP missed it.

5. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Either way, it's 10 million... 10,000,000. That's a big number, almost as big as my bank balance >.> :D

Kismet and Rizzly like this.
  6. Ephemiel

Learn to read other comments.

7. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Its ok, I understand the butthurt. NO matter what we do on these forums, They still have a shT load of players spending money. Plant yourself in front of MP and go to pearl shop items, You will see what I mean. 10 mil is a big number. Theres nothing that your crying can change.

8. Death_Grips

Death_Grips Death_Grips Tamer 61

We barely get 60 People to join RBF at prime time in EU on weekdays. All three guilds I joined died since renown got released. Most people I played with daily quit the game at this point or simply log in for the rewards + afk processing/afk training.

It seems the only people that still play the game actively are either doing RP or are newbies that are still in the testing phase.

RageAgainst, VasilisD and Prochilles like this.
  9. Spartakatz

I don't know anyone who would think "oh really, 10 million are playing the game right now, at the same time"... doh.

#9 Spartakatz, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2018
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

did this kind of controversy back in the past ever change anything? the game is still big

Draconnix likes this.
  11. Yuusayn

Please bring us some information that actually proves anything, i mean other than the fact that almost every game uses this as a banner for their game, or please tin foil hat harder lul

12. Gonna look like a lot when you continue to count banned accounts.

RageAgainst and Josh28 like this.
  13. 2Cents

I think WOW banned more accounts than where created in BDO.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

6 million hedgehog accounts :D

Wet Cake and Mana_Mafia like this.
  15. Prochilles

Now is a terrible time to be into BDO. Market is still damaged from Sea m. (Prices High & all relevant items scarce), event-2-win buff, pearl shop p2w got a major buff, etc. etc. But, not only this we are expecting potentially huge market changes with the upcoming "Free-ish" market, which means that the effort put into gains today will be worth less tomorrow, for the most part.

RageAgainst likes this.
  16. Beeso

17. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

Guilds were dying before that; as they always do, in every MMO. Plenty of people quit. Renown is not some new thing that's killed the game. However, I absolutely agree on the problems with RBF. Before these so-called "balance" patches you could get into 2 completely full RBFs almost all day and now we struggle to get one.

Unfortunately, they aren't releasing a list of concurrent users for non-steam users. The numbers also don't consider all the AFK players for the steam users. I'm not even infront of my computer right now but I'm being counted as an active user. I fear this problem will lure BDO into a false sense of security where the rug gets pulled out beneath them one day.

Compare the 10million copies sold to steam's 530k copies in 2017. It's obvious we're missing a bigger part of the picture. BUT, Monster Hunter World surpassed 8 million copies BEFORE the game even launched on PC. BDO is missing its potential. Contrary to popular belief it is NOT because of P2W. BDO is failing to entertain players. It's as simple as that. Whether they don't feel rewarded for grinding, there isn't enough challenge in PvE, not enough cooperative play, effort feeling wasted when your stuff blows up, the games systems feel tedious, etc. Archeage just announced another round of server merges. It had some good systems but was far in the deep end of P2W.

BUT then you get a double-win with Monster Hunter World that is definitely not P2W in anyway whatsoever AND a fun and rewarding experience when interacting with the games systems and other players. I'm glad to see the success that MHW is having. Maybe developers will start to get a clue it's not about this endless RNG gear grind.

18. 2Cents

I watched a very nice video on this issue that broke it down and gave precise real examples. In summary: It does have a lot to do with Pay2Win and the business model. This can be demonstrated by what was being worked on. In the last few weeks BDO's content focused highly on cash shop mechanics. So instead of that time/effort being applied to content it was directed at Pay2Win strategies. PA also moved a lot of it's team over to Mobile and other projects. This was immediately apparent when the content took a major dive.

This correlates with things like the Black Spirit 2. Anyone could have figured out it wasn't even working on release in 5 seconds. It was some of the poorest quality releases I have ever seen. It made Bless Online look golden.

Contrast these updates to the amazing work at Grind Gear Games. POE released yet another update full of game content. Not only did POE release some very creative ideas, I have found it to be nearly flawless. Even with an incredibly complex infinite dungeon system. It was well tested and ready for release.

In contrast, I expect bugs, extra downtime, file errors, and just plain poor quality work from PA upon every update. And they certainly deliver failure in a consistent fashion. From Vell to the Remaster blurr.

Josh28 and Flood like this.
  19. Mana_Mafia

I think RBF can be a lot of fun...

Yet I haven't entered it in months.

If i'm actively playing at my computer I have to grind my ****ing ass off to compete with the shadows of the P2W whales, hackers, siege guilds, and seamonster hunters.

I feel like I don't have time to do activities I enjoy, like RBF, because I'm still a 6+ months away from not being considered a shitlord noob with trash gear.

I believe a lot of people feel the same way that I do. 2 million silver for a win? Lol. That's literally just a few minutes at Gahaz. Aint nobody got time fo' that

#19 Mana_Mafia, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  20. 2Cents

The Glory of an MMO is upon it's release when everything is new and everyone is competing and climbing up the ladders.

You may find BDO isn't worth the investment of time anymore. A lot of people are finding more enjoyment elsewhere. It simply has to much baggage and is better off for casuals.