1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"10 million registered users!"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ephemiel, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Still they have way more registered players than those who hate bdo ...

2. Pavo

Oh, I can play this too......

That's not counting the bots, hackers, people who have 10+ accounts to get multiple hedgehogs/ polar bears, stolen account laundering.... etc...

Am I doing it right?

RageAgainst likes this.
  3. d00mR

guess you haven't been playing at the point when all the guilds in the EU server were with this logo[​IMG]

RageAgainst and Dan Hot like this.
  4. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Guys, I think that OP does understand the meaning of "registered".

What I think he wants to convey is that PA is clearly trying to make the game look like there wouldn't be people leaving because of the recent updates.

Sure, everyone knows that there are way less people being active than registered, but the question is: Why would PA tweet this number at this specific moment? Why now? Considering the current state of the game and the controversy here in the forums, it is quite clear why, and that's what OP is trying to make you understand.

Souljester and Wet Cake like this.
  5. d00mR

upload_2018-9-8_2-51-54.png

this pretty much shows that in the recent months the playrbase is going. And just to point smth this is not 1 mil or 11 mil players it is 11 thousend, counts only trought steam but it is both for EU and NA

Attached Files:

6. MalGuldur

With 99.9 % afking/collecting attendance...

#46 MalGuldur, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    RageAgainst likes this.
  7. Arcticcz

Make it 9.9K not mil. LOL

8. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Chaos Ronin: "Oh I know, I'll just insert some random joke on how I'm a woman and/or rich. Then everyone will totally be impressed by me, it's not like everyone's first thoughts to humblebrag posts are that the poster is lying/attention whoring/has a mental illness teehee."

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-you-should-never-brag-internet/

#48 Hoebbit, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Noble One

omg please enough with steam... it proves NOTHING as the game isn't steam locked. this game has sold way more copies off steam and can be STILL launched without going to steam. the steam users is a FRACTION of what the true population is. seriously why do people keep showing the steam numbers like its the end all be all?

10. ambyentlight

The number keeps getting bigger and bigger and it all started to go uphill with that amazeing p2w patch.

11. cofused

9.98MIL quit game year ago

12. Rayin

I'm typing from a Space Ship orbiting around Mars, i don't get what you're trying to prove, let me talk with my colleagues at ESA to see if i have the permission to land on the planet surface, cut my toe nails and use them to type "Rayin has been here" on a rock while i read your article.

13. MalGuldur

Ops forgot to add %

14. ghoulz666

This is the biggest BS to attempt to inflate your situation ever. PA is a bunch of scummy snakes.

So what if someone registered? Doesn't say anything. For all you know most of em played for 10 minutes and uninstalled.

RageAgainst likes this.
  15. MalGuldur

The troll rng of this game is whats keeping ppl away from playing actively, myself included
    The game has the greatest graphics of all mmorpgs and the most entertaining combat style. It is just sad the game screws their active players with fat p2w, extreme rng and weird patches.

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You must be new here, this has been just standard MMO practice for decades.

But it is a scummy move because PA does it, right.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Fixed that for you, the rest of the playerbase couldn't give 2 ducks about p2fast.

18. Reyer

Ye, I exactly wanted to grind 30 years for a full endgame gear (all from TET to PEN only... doesn't matter that i would have to get that TRI to TET first which is another 10-15 years) and then another 35 years for caphras overdrive on PEN to OCT to catch cron-costume spammers. Game won't last long enough for most people to get enough of caphras...

RageAgainst likes this.
  19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Doesn't change the fact the Caphras system allows to totally bypass RNG, pretty much like cron stones before the costume melting patch: they weren't the statistically most efficient way to upgrade your gear, but it was a viable way to do it if you dislike gambling.

20. Beld

Not to mention that 11 thousand is after a major update recently was released and in a game that encourages all players to be logged in 24/7 even when not actively playing.
    I wonder what the number would look like if you took away the afking people....

BDO will probably be fine for a long time to come as long as they start cutting overhead and scale down development costs.
    I think it still does well in KR where they are fine with p2w just it won't be getting the money and attention it used to get for NA and I assume EU but I don't know their market like that.