1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16th Changes

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by Killa162, May 16, 2018.

1. Killa162

https://i.gyazo.com/dc2ffbdf752bf5c207a560cb56739438.png

Good or bad change?

Since other classes have scaling stamina as the skill levels up? For example 250 -> 200 -> 150 as like the newly changed Warrior dash ability, and Musa/Maewa being 100 stam. Do you all think our main source of an IFrame and safe movement is a good change to be capped at 200 all the way across from lvl 1 to 3 on Ghost Step?

Also this was mention

"On the May 9th balance patch, the defense effects from certain skills were removed. In response, many adventurers felt that this meant that PvP battles would end too fast. Therefore, in order to prolong PvP battles so you have more time to enjoy them, we plan to reduce the PVP damage of all classes by an identical rate."

With how Ninja performs even with high AP for the geared ninja's out there, I know were still a highly combo focused class, so do you think being threatened of having our PvP dmg decreased along with other classes bothers any of you or not? As to other classes that may press 2-4 buttons and kill anything in front of them. Where as a ninja, even a geared ninja has to do at least a half thought out combo just to kill. So reducing the dmg that we do already will just make it feel even more painful when something misses, evades, or just mess up to user error.

Just generally curious from the higher geared ninja's out there about the second part of the post. And what is everyone's thought on the Stamina change from WP, and the flat cost of Stam from level 1 -3 of Ghost Step as other classes have lower Stam cost then we do, and they also have SA or an iframe while using their "dash".

2. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

Well concerning ghost step. It has an iframe at the "Poof" then SA after. The reason it doesnt seem like it is because of how it can be hard to time it right plus server lag and all that. All of our dashes suffer from the same problem. The 200 stamina drain no matter what rank is kind of butt though compared to everyone else. I am only at like 470gs so I can't really weigh in on the high AP/softcap experience.

3. Soren00

Run red coral earnings and rings. + the stam boot crystals

4. This^

stam boot crystals? wont be running anywhere when you are knocked on your ass 24/7

Feldera likes this.
  5. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

Rbf crystals in boots work now actually

6. Tvvin

It's noticable. Hasn't killed my mobility chain tho. Then again I only logged in for -2mins minutes to check.

Mainly looking for other games atm lol This one might be flopping soon

7. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Oh common it aint that bad, mus.. ninjas are doing fine!

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  8. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

The stam change is only noticeable when you have been fighting for a good while without stopping.

Benap likes this.
  9. Killa162

Yeah I'm around 430 GS so it's why I wondered abt the skill dmg decrease they want to do/are going to do.

What exactly are the RBG crystals for boots?

And side note: even after obtaining a Kzarka which took forever to snipe from the MP, when I finally get to try out Lahn, if I like the playstyle of her, then RIP all my money I spent on weight. My ninja would then become my Lifeskill main lol. I really rather not reroll tbh, I'm waiting for the final skill changes to make the decision but who knows at this point.

10. TonyJaa

TonyJaa Kenobi Ninja 61 EU

Red Battlefield Cystal: Adamantine(Knockdown/Bound resistance 25% and 5% Resistance to Stun/Stif/Freezing)

11. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

We're not doing fine if no one wants to fight us or we have no one else to fight.

12. Tvvin

I'm not on the verge of quitting because Ninja got nerfed. What bother me is the developers. They have tendencies to

*Ignore and disrespect their players - their main income

*Implementation of horrible ideas not many people desired. Outright disrespecting players for how many times now again?

*Command large amount of UNDESERVED Pearl/money (Pearl Abyss ) through mutiple expensive conviences you need to enjoy this game .and OR completely beating classes to death to get reroll revenue

IMO the only reason I left nexon games were because kacrooks and give perals to our peral abyss seemed better. Now they all just seem the same unpassionates ,thugs in business suits legally (for now)robbing people.

I have too much self respect to stay a acticw plater. Yet alone give them money

Assilma likes this.
  13. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

i havent touched my ninja since the change, but isnt in a good spot atm though? i even saw mayzap stream n he was rockin. Unless ur issue is with everything else than ninja atm

14. Kyouki

Agree'd

Tvvin likes this.
  15. clangpicky

ninjas have no right to complain. right now, they're in the best spot. everybody is slowed down, holding S to block, using unprotected skills and then a ninja pops up out of nowhere, does one kill combo and goes back to stealth.

37%

#15 clangpicky, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  16. Tvvin

Yea we're in a good spot because everyone else is worse. My problem is with the developers not Ninja

My post is about how kakacrook and Pearl abyss are bad companies not Ninja being nerfed. We only lost a protected engage and a unpredictable lingering block on seamless

And prior to this month Ninja was waiting crap for a long time. You scrubs are now experiencing what our gameplay has been for along time. Practical protection. When we wanted large scale buffs, we were meet with "ninjas are op if geared and played right" now the shoe is on the other foot

Ninja is in a better position because we've refined and mastered our kit. Invs is our gimick but every class has a special attitude.

But instead of being petty, I .unlike some of the trolls a month ago can admit other class besides mine are hurting. Like valk ,witch and ranger

#16 Tvvin, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Kyouki likes this.
  17. Requiem_Abaddon

This is the point I'm at. After this episode I can't ever come back to BDO with confidence they won't ruin the game for me again. They not only made it unfun(for me at least), I've lost a certain measure of trust due to a radical uncalled for change that had no positive effects. Why even bother. I like the class concepts, the combat system is amazing, the loss of a "holy trinity" system is a godsend, and the remaining potential of this game is insane... But man did they mess this up. I'm one of 5 members of my guild that quit, and more of my friends quit as well, before I did. That is a really bad sign. It's pretty funny though, that when you get to that point it triggers the hell out of a subsection of players.

Tvvin likes this.
  18. Killa162

My only question now is, are our combos the same? Like has any of the CC effects or "down attack", "air attack", and so forth changed on abilities that combos have changed from what they once was?

19. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Massively. Grab engage is pretty much gone. Stiff, float, float is pretty much king for Ninja. Because of the radical protection removal, though, it's pretty easy to land that combo.

Decapitation/Block Jump -> Shadow Stomp Cancel -> Shadow Clone, swap -> Serpent Ascension should kill most people if you have good gear. Can prolly throw a Blade Spin in at the end if it doesn't kill, or Restraint if you don't have rabam Decap. My combo would look like this: Block Jump -> RMB, Shadow Stomp into first float -> Shadow Clone air smash -> swap, Murderous Intent -> Serpent Ascension into second float -> bladespin + malice; if down smash -> ghost step into them, fatal blow + combo -> restraint; if no down smash, restraint.

I haven't played since the cc changes first hit, though. All my accessories are gone and I never intend to play retail bdo again. I'm just watching the flames burn at this point.

#19 Xenon, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  20. Wild_Instinct

Not true anymore.
    Because of : https://www.invenglobal.com/article...24th-cc-removed-from-main-skills-only-for-pvp

Ninja will lose CC in PvP. It will hurt them. Very, very badly.
    So two options : You got softcap gear, you're fine. You don't, you're fcked. Because if you miss your engage, you'll get instant stomp ^^

So.. Which class to play now ? ^^