1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

180$ for just a corgi and few goodies

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jewbelno0921, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Hemuk

I'm too lazy to put this Bonus Back event back to back whith the last Bonus Back event (lol) for comparison purposes but when you do; YIKES.

2. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

cash shop content ayee.. every week new sh*t

3. LiquidEmotion

How can we defend it? Most well-adjusted people who play other games aside from BDO do not defend it. This game's cash shop is disgusting to people outside of BDO. Seems like the only people left playing are those that accepted what this game is really about and just try to avoid the cash shop as best they can or you are a whale and money isn't an issue. Most of the players who were against this have quit already including me. As for the people who legitimately defend this cash shop, you've been playing only BDO for far too long.

Life2v, Vanraven and WinterMilla like this.
  4. nolasigns

Behavioral economics is the current year's social engineers. The gaming industries since launches of "free to play" has been the introduction courses to new generations. Govt practices the same tricks.

5. Lord_Xenon

So throwing out 480$ just to play the game instead of 10/0 is good?

6. MalGuldur

For 180$ you can almost buy a real life corgi lmfao this game..

Vanraven and Dalenos like this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

Actually, this pretty much where I am on the subject. These promotions are typically for those that are going to spend *anyhow* or already planned to......*and* if you were already planning to, it's not bad considering the additional Black Friday sales promotion ....you can rack up a good bargain if spending / supporting the game is your cup of tea.

I think my confusion on the distaste comes from the standpoint of "if you weren't going to spend anyhow, and most that are complaining typically are not, then why get your feathers ruffled over something that doesn't effect you negatively"

Now those that already spent, literally just days before the event, I fully understand, and I o not know if they will retro-act the sales for it, as I have not asked, but you can always open a ticket and inquire if they will.

As far as the behavioral commentaries go...the price points and selected bonuses are not enough to make me personally consider spending *just to get the bonus rewards*.....and having spent regularly on these types of promos, xD that's saying a lot of you knew me...lolol

Now if the top item was a 25 pack of pure blackstones,....maybe :pepeThink:

#27 Andaro, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Wodahs, Solitaire and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Armory

download.jpg

Dalenos and Andaro like this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I do not like the way this game is monetised but there is nothing wrong with this offer. It is a way of encouraging people to spend more by giving them extra items for doing so, no different than other business giving buy three get one free offers. If you want to buy certain items you pay for them and then get something extra. The rewards do not cost anything as you have already obtained items for the pearls spent.

Wodahs likes this.
  10. XLucaX

lol this is bdo. People complain over events giving away free stuff.

11. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Agree or disagree with the monetization strategies, you have to remain fair though. It is not 180$ for just a corgi, not at all like the title presumes.

You buy Pearls for 180$ and spend them, then you get the corgi and all the other stuff as a bonus in addition to the items you bought with the Pearls in the first place. They are a bonus, which is why it's called "Bonus Back".

If that is morally justified is another question.

12. Asterotis

Don't shop, adopt!

Wodahs, Tokigare and Dalenos like this.
  13. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

you mean this one? had it still in my old spreadsheet for comparison back than
    it's free extra stuff for those who want to spent, and no stuff for those who don't want to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    upload_2019-11-24_17-2-54.png

Wodahs, Lord_Xenon and Hemuk like this.
  14. Vanadiel

I will explain this to you: "if you weren't going to spend anyhow, and most that are complaining typically are not, then why get your feathers ruffled over something that doesn't effect you negatively"

It does affect you negatively. Imagine it's the holiday season, and you receive no presents unless you first spend $ on something?
    You will feel different.
    You will also start questioning why you bother playing this game, because they never seem to just give something good for free. There's always a catch, there's always $ involved. You end up feeling like this company cannot do anything good, and you start spreading that word around.

In the end, it affects both the publisher, the producer and the player.

It would not hurt them to get into the Christmas spirit and give something good and useful away with no $ or conditions attached.
    I guess somewhat being the Grinch is more to their taste.

15. Amirite

I'm waiting for Christmas and New Year's eve, I'm sure we all going to get something cheap and good.

Wodahs likes this.
  16. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Because there are people out there that even without that reward spend that much often, monthly.... this gives them even more incentive to do so becuase hey they were going to do it anyways.

Simple solution stop throwing money at them for lack luster over priced items and they will eventually change the system.... but thats never going to happen.

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Very strange! I thought we play games for fun as a diversion from real life. Why is that not reward enough for you? I am not going to spend any money but if others do and get a reward for doing so it will not upset me.

Bruno12 and Tokigare like this.
  18. Radge28

I've spent a fair bit on this game but recently my spending has dropped off massively. Purely because i don't buy artisans or stuff like that i buy VP's and outfits and some storage spaces.
    And tbh i haven't seen much i've liked in a while i would spend on and these new crossover outfits are just bad.

So give us more good outfits and these bonuses might be worth it.

19. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

hm...
    - you get kama blessings and combat books (1d / 7d) pretty regular via ingame events / login rewards for free...
    - last xmas you could get golden bells for the usual ingame energy at night vendor which also normally cost 1800 pearls each
    - from time to time you get a pet (kuku / penguin) or i think 4 or 5 via easy quests this year
    - i think for reaching level 52 or 53 you got a maid and a butler
    and prolly other stuff that i don't have in mind atm...it's not that much but you were the one writing "because they never seem to just give something good for free"

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Lord_Xenon

To add to this list:
    Shai got +inventory+weight for pre-creation.