1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2-years market dominated by bots

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaolee, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Zaolee

Another sharp shard attendance day. Enjoy your buyouts..

2. Yokor

Because of those bots i really want to quit this game. i've been saving a lot to make sure that on the day of "sharp rain" ill get as much as i can. What i got are 2 sharps in 55 min. really.... plz fix that bloody thing i'm not gonna buy any single pearl until they'll do something about that. (i spend a lot and im not proud of it.) It is as bad as it was when P** bot attacked BDO for the first time (i hide the name of that bot just to make sure my post won't end up edited.)

3. Julohr

When was the last banwave ?

4. WainaMoinen

These replies have been more or less copy pasta for past 10 years no matter what game and company, nowadays Devs/GM/CM even rarely post in the forums. Still remember those early WoW years and their forums when customers actually debated guys like Ghostcrawler, that's why he was loved by some and hated by others as there was some heated discussions on forums. Its kinda sad that blue and green posts(GM's and MVP's)have disappeared from most game forums, always loved direct contact with provider even if you didn't always agree with them.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Try running any customer support service with hand made answers of a decent scale and an employee turnover over 6 month.

6. Soulscar

I give up on the MP a while ago as soon as I saw 400 sharps disappear before I had the time to click buy. Imagine being in Australia playing on the NA server? Yeah 3-6 hundred millisecond latency one way, you aren't going to get anything in your wildest dreams.

The MP is complete trash and has been since the day it was released in NA/EU.

Bids should be spit between everyone who bids and only one per customer. Say 500 bid for 30 sharps, RNG should simply pick 30 numbers between 1 and 500 and distribute accordingly. This would be fair and completely bot/latency proof. Winners of bids should have a 3~5 minute wait before they can bid again for the same item.

People denying bots exist are either kidding themselves or using them. Any program or script that gives an unfair advantage is in fact a bot even if it is manually triggered and as such should come with a ban. Why? Because it isn't an integral part of the client.

Smileybones likes this.
  7. Atron

Man you will be disappointed once bots are dealt with.

Problem is not only in botting but also in resources ... the drop rates are to low and to many people waiting for it.

So even if they shut down all bot seller over night ... most likely you will still be frustrated with not winning anything from market.

8. Lukasz

holy moly a communist lefty
    ffs the worst suggestion ever

do you know how bidding works in this game? it does not matter if its a bot or player bidding on an item

btw i hate the current system, i would be for a player driven free market -> let us decide prices on items or whom we trade with
    now the whiteknights will come and shout "but bots will take over".... well you are wrong no game was ever killed because of bots (WoW, EvE, EQ etc.) so spare that bs

9. LightningFFXIII-4

Siege guilds give 400mil x 2 a week in payouts if they own a castle. So someone in like Manup can just afk process all day, exploit CTG and collect payouts and still make more than someone not in a siege guild but grinds 10 hours a day. Other Siege guilds get less than that since they can only hold a castle for a week or so but that's still 200-600mil a week in payouts.

The reason you see so many PEN's nowadays is because of Payouts. Payouts help inflate prices on premium goods and Preorders. That's why the marketplace is riddled with ppl using scripts/bots especially on enhancing mats. The ppl who use these have a great need to stay on the top (Siege guilds) and have a ton of silver (Siege guilds) and barely lifeskill other than processing/trading (siege guilds).

If Kakao actually disabled Payouts and replaced it with something else like a guild buff that I suggested way back, I bet Tons of Lazy Siegies will complain and leave the game and True skilled pvp'ers will take their place.

Helegnes likes this.
  10. 2Cents

Thanks for the detailed explanation. The more exposure this gets the better. I am fairly familiar with these mechanics and have already sent messages to a CM about it.

This is highly destructive to the game and has already caused a lot of permanent damage to the game. This is a shameful example of what happens when your development team and management do not use/know their own product.

When Lineage II first did sieges,the players enjoyed the competition and looked forward to it. Even when they lost massive amounts of exp. Since then in many games it has evolved into this sad gravy train. These people trying to defend such an absurd pay out and "No reason" to siege without payouts is sad. They have no desire, honor, or pride to compete and just want payouts in many cases.

Not to mention these amounts are just plain wrong. Shame on these devs.

11. Soulscar

White knights? Communist? Are you 10?

Eve isn't a game you can compare to any other game with regards economy. Make a coherent argument instead of ranting insulting self-righteous garbage.

An open capitalist economy would practically hand over the entire market to a few guilds and would prevent 80% of the player base progressing fast enough to endgame. Not true? It is almost the case now. If prices go artificially high only the people making vast sums of easy money would be able to progress.

12. Tsurugi

just curious about your opinion on p2p trading and gold selling. you can never have a completely free market without those btw.

can a game die from p2w?

13. FadedSky

Can someone proof market bots are real ?

14. CrestFirill

Can we start to appreciate the fact that the OP literally only makes posts complaining about things that tbh can be solved by, frankly, being less lazy. :/
    The marketplace is a chance system, just because you couldnt buy an item that about 10k others are trying to get on the same click, doesn't mean all of your items are being botted, if they are being botted to begin with.
    The whole siege guild stuff, do whatever you want with their payouts and stuff, if theyre basically not doing anything for it then whats keeping you from doing the same? Maybe that you didnt put in the time to get their gear? Hmm nah that'd be ridiculous, right?

Just gather for your sharps / hards, really it isnt hard and it doesnt take that much effort. Want some "steady" afk income? Fish. And you can go a long way with processing 100mil worth of items, you just choose not to do so and then complain about money issues...

Been playing for idk 4 - 5 months now, plenty of money, haven't really had a moment where I couldnt do anything due to money lack. Do gatekeepers a little bit, never been crashed by a GK group, the one time they showed up they told us they were taking whatever GK was up in that world(which we were fine with since we werent doing cadry/naga anyway) and then asked what we were going to check next so we could avoid eachother.

Just because things occur once or twice, doesn't mean they always do, it's stupid to assume every group and person is the same.

15. Lukasz

no game ever died because of goldsellers, like who cares if people are stupid enough to throw out their money for pixels

free market is better than the communist thing we have here - even if it brings more bots (there are 100s of thousands already right now) the average player could enjoy buying stuff freely from the market / guild mates / friends without the bs system we have now

Fearless V likes this.
  16. 2monthslatenonamesleft

There is no doubt they can, and do exist, you could probably find a youtube video or three of an outdated or patched one. Maybe even a couple are actually running. But a vast army of bots ruining the marketplace? No. This is just a bunch of whiney people bitching and moaning because they didn't instantly win their RNG bid for the high demand items when up against hundred if not thousands of other players also seeking stuff.

Its funny how bots only ever get complained about and seem to 'exist' for the things everyone else is bidding on. You never seem to hear about bots ruining TET/PEN markets, or the plywood buying bots (besides Biohack, Goroshi or Alzy), or bots buying cooking materials or other things on the market.

Stupid people loose a few times. They most certainly can't possibly be at fault and personally believe (as if that had any weight behind it) that they should have easy access to as much materials as they want. If they can't think of an immediate reason as to why maybe this isn't happening, they have to justify it to themselves. The only logical conclusion is that it MUST be bots, or lag, or aliens from Pluto.

Example)
    I saw one guy on reddit (maybe forums?), totally adamant that bots were a super problem because he couldn't see why Lots of stuff would get bid on, but not bought during bid phase. He didn't stop to think why, it just MUST BE BOTS! Totally wasn't the very common practice of bidding on the entire page to up your chances, winning one then not buying the rest.

This same guy also surmised it MUST BE BOTS/SCRIPTS! because clearly no one could click an entire page of bid button in 1 second. He never stopped to think that just because HE can't doesn't mean others can't. Heck, I spend 2-3 hours a day on the market buying stuff. I can easily click my mouse 8 times to hit all the bid buttons on the first page in under 1 second. 2 more seconds and I can hit the search button and type in the minimum characters i need to search for my next items. 1 second after that I've clicked another 8 bid buttons. Repeat a few times until bid phase is over then go back through and pick up any winnings. No scripts, or bots, or whatever. Just a mouse, some brains and a lot of practice.

But who knows. Maybe people will eventually realize they can, you know, actually go out and earn some of their items? The marketplace is not suppose to be an infinite source of cheap stuff (not exactly good for an economy and longevity of the game). If the devs actually wanted us to have that, they'd make a freaking vendor to sell it.

#56 2monthslatenonamesleft, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  17. BurningReflex

BurningReflex Eratia Berserker 62 EU

Kakao has confirmed themselves they exist and are working on tracking them down to ban them. They announced it in the post a little while back where a lot of fishing botters were banned.

18. TriXter

TriXter TriXter Warrior 60 EU

Think it was last week that took me over 1 hour to snipe a sharp off market even though 70-100 were added at a time in small stacks of 1-3, same issue, could only bid on couple cheap ones and before I could refresh the window, the others were already sold. I never managed to understand this system, I haven't used the market in a while because of the annoying FPS drop on search, was only using it to sell mostly or for items I knew where to look for manually. Not sure why, but I believe most of the people who buy value pack are only buying it for the market, wondering how many people refused to buy VP because of those issues (I know I stopped doing it). I can only imagine the amount of money they're losing because of this and I believe is in their interest to fix them if they want to increase sales on VPs.

19. Tsurugi

to be fair gold selling takes money from the dev/pubs and thats why you cant tell if a game died from it or not, or at least how much its a parasite. why would devs implement something that so obviously cuts into their bottom line? clearly they are not commies and are capitalists. you seem to want them to be commies.

communists dont have markets, to be fair. bdo market is more like US market, you dont see anyone calling the US a commie country. tell me there isnt a price limit on water in the US like when hurricane harvey hit, no store that sold water is allowed to jack up there prices beyond a limit, its why you dont see 1000$ per water bottle even when there are some people who will buy at that price if the conditions were right, like after a disaster.

login bonuses are more like tax returns in the US, not communist. the whole idea of communism is for each person to get whatever according to their needs. if i dont lifeskill, why does the game give me life skill tools as a login reward? because they are not commies.

the problem is that the devs dont adjust prices according to inflation and they give way too much money to too few people, like the US. if anything you should say bdo market is too american.

when you have adjusted price floors and ceilings close to real price of each item, you can have p2p trading instead of this crap system, and limit gold sellers at the same time. but devs are too lazy to do that when it doesnt drastically affect their bottom line because gold sellers are already limited.

tldr; bdo market is too american, not 'commie'

20. Windx15

uhh you do realize the time of an individual member of a seige guild is countless hours way more than yours right?