1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Calendar Screenshot Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

With the end of 2017 rapidly approaching, we’d like to start 2018 off right by carrying on the BDO Calendar tradition. Veterans and newcomers alike, will have the awesome chance to have one your screenshots immortalized in BDO history!

[​IMG]

1. BDO Calendar Event 2018
    Take a screenshot of your characters in the theme of each season. We encourage you to be creative and most of all, have fun! Our staff will pick the 5 best screenshots for each month and let you vote on the final winners to be featured in our 2018 calendar. Winners will be announced on December 4th.

• Start Date: November 8th, 2017
    • End Date: November 21st, 2017 (Final Submission Date)
    • Voting Period: November 27th - December 3rd
    • Season Dates:
      • Summer Weather [Jun, Jul, Aug]: 11/8 - 11/10
      • Spring Weather [Mar, Apr, May]: 11/11 ~ 11/13
      • Winter Weather [Dec, Jan, Feb]: 11/14 - 11/15
      • Autumn Weather [Sep, Oct, Nov]: 11/16 - 11/21 (Effects Will Remain Till: 11/29)

• Event Rules:
      • Players may upload up to 3 screenshots per season (A maximum of 12 total pictures).
      • Each screenshot should represent the months appropriate to that season and include your character in the picture.
      • Players must provide their correct Region & Family name in the form.
      • Submissions must be placed in the appropriate season’s form.
      • The screenshot with the highest votes for each month will be selected to be featured in the calendar.
      • Screenshots cannot be edited in any way in external software outside of the game.
      • Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.

• Prizes: Winners will be contacted via email with further details on how to claim their prize.
      • Top 12 Winners (Selected by Player Votes)
        • Screenshots featured in the 2018 Calendar
        • Their very own copy of the Black Desert Calendar
        • Value Package (30 Days)
        • Sealed Combat Book (7 Days)
        • Blessing of Kamasylve (7 Days)
        • The title "Seasonal Sensation"

• 48 Screenshot Runners-Up (Top 5 Staff-Picked Screenshots for Each Month)
      • Sealed Combat Book (7 Days)
      • Blessing of Kamasylve (7 Days)

• Submissions: Below are links to the forms for each season (with the associated months) for screenshot submission. We also encourage you to share your submissions on the forums with each other.

Update: For any folks who may have had issues submitting a link, we have identified the variable that was preventing a specific link type from being submitted. Please refresh the form and try submitting.​
    • Disclaimer: By submitting your screenshot(s) for our "Picture the Seasons" event, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the screenshot(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion.

#1 CM Aethon, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Pastel Babydoll and Tergar like this.
  2. spartan453

First!!!!! Very nice post btw. Love the seasons :)

3. Zauberkind

4. Hazane

This one sounds nice

Pastel Babydoll likes this.
  5. THreason

So, I dont know If I read that wrong or not, apperently according to the description the event goes till
    • End Date: November 21st, 2017 (Final Submission Date)
    So the thing is this
    • Autumn Weather [Sep, Oct, Nov]: Current - 11/29
    If Im not wrong, the event ends before you can take a screen shot of autumn, and according to this
    the spring is already in Heidel, there is cherry blossom trees everywhere. Im kinda confused and hope you know why.

Nyrante and Moraea like this.
  6. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Autumn Weather has been in effect for a short while already, and will be the default season in game, until we kick off the full winter effects later this year (as we get closer to December). This gives players from November 16th till the end of November 21st to take and submit Autumn themed screenshots.

The November 29th end date was included to give folks an idea of when they can begin to expect the switch into the Winter theme this year, hopefully that alleviates any confusion or concerns.

Alicemimi likes this.
  7. THreason

Well, its less likely to make screenshots if there is no event, so its kinda not right and not really fair tbh

Also what I just realized, the document is kinda a nice change for uploading, but the problem is it does not accept the link from Imgur without editing it afterwards, since you have added a DOT in the "allowed" link, gonna write what you have in the sheet

Please ensure the information you have submitted is a valid direct imgur link to your image. (ex: https://i.imgur.com/abcdef.png)

It dies not include the normal Imgur, it either is a not known mistake or its on purpose and we dont know about the "other" Imgur

#7 THreason, Nov 8, 2017
  8. Jakelz

Ok now im confused what season is it right now?
    It says
    Season Dates:
    • Summer Weather [Jun, Jul, Aug]: 11/8 - 11/10
    • Winter Weather [Dec, Jan, Feb]: 11/14 - 11/15
    • Autumn Weather [Sep, Oct, Nov]: Current - 11/29

Summer is 11/8-11/10 so today till the 10th
    but autumn is Current? - 11/29
    what season is it so I can submit!!! plez help

Metalharpey and THreason like this.
  9. THreason

Guess its kinda sping but also not, since there are cherry blossom trees everywhere but no tulips

10. Jakelz

See thats why im confused im taking screenshots in the cherry blossoms and they say its summer but cherry blossom is spring so i don't know where to submit my pictures

11. Rimisa

Rimisa DarkKnight 60 NA

Are we allowed to edit the screenshots in any program, such as photoshop?

12. yOOOOOOma

ayo lets go boys, ya know i had to do it to em

13. CM Aethon

Community Manager

I've gone ahead and adjusted the post to hopefully clear up some confusion, Autumn Weather should now read 11/16 - 11/21 (Effects Will Remain Until: 11/29). I'd also like to confirm that Summer Weather is indeed in-game, but we encourage players to use their best judgement when taking screenshots in the theme of their choice.

As an example, it's perfectly ok to submit a summer image that was taken on 11/18 if you happen to find an area of the game that you believe is suitably "Summer'ish". In addition to this, if you happen to take a picture later on you may edit your submissions all the way up till the deadline of 11/21.

To fall in line with our other screenshot contests, digital editing of photos is not permitted.

Update: For any folks who may have had issues submitting a link, we have identified the variable that was preventing a specific link type from being submitted. Please refresh the form and try submitting.

#13 CM Aethon, Nov 8, 2017
  14. Asunai

So we can technically submit to any category, at any point in time, just that you want us to make sure what we submit is in the theme of that season?

The pictures I took today actually look pretty autum-y rather then springish.

15. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

This seam like fun! :) I'm very happy that you are holding this even differently and looking forward to voting and all the cool pictures :) Will add my as well soon :)

16. CleanBin

How come we have Cherry blossoms for summer despite cherry blossoms being part of spring?

Metalharpey likes this.
  17. woots

I have an universal season screenshot for BDO

[​IMG]

Oh and, another one because waifu

[​IMG]

Guess i won.

18. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

Ok, question: Do we have to submit screenshots taken during this event or will you allow any screenshots from our backlog? Like autumn ones taken during Halloween and summer ones in water park?

19. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Correct!

While it'd certainly encouraged they be from during the event, you may of course include your own screenshots so long as they fit the contest rules and criteria.

Milinia and Tergar like this.
  20. skyblackstar

El domador de panteras 2017-11-09_194320709.JPG

Pretaynama, Nyrante, Blessing and 5 others like this.