1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

244AP mystic dmg againist 294dp(540renown) Kuno

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Notte, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 59 NA

...Ugggghhh...

The "qualities of a tank" are to soak damage while being very hard to kill. There are really only two classes in BDO that excel in that regard:

Valkyrie (blocking)
    Mystic (vs. Magic damage)

Witches and Wizards can drop Protected Area for 8 seconds every 2m 30s. They can heal an ally or themselves for 20% every 10s, which really is only good for topping off chip damage -- it won't keep you alive if someone hard engages on you (and taking the 1.5 seconds to cast heal is suicide in such a situation).

Witches and Wizards are not tanks. They are the stereotypical magic user, with high area damage from range and a wide spread of modestly-powerful utility abilities that fold HARD under direct pressure. As I have said time and time again, they work best in a large group, where they can be sheltered by allies and allowed to work in peace.

"Classic trinity tank"... You keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means.

2. SuzyIdle

nani?! a gm responding in a class thread? 2years in and i never seen you guys in tamer forum ,what an absolute joke

RageAgainst, Reuter and 920 like this.
  3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

You know whats funny about this is you can now test classes on the global test server. I can tell you right now they are full of you know what. A quick test against another soft cap Kuno with soft cap Mystic says they have enough damage to one combo unless you don't know how to properly combo with mystic.

4. Notte

You are still limited to 1v1 scope and I don't think it's necessary to mention how bonus dr works for high renown players.

Yes, in softcap 1v1 you can almost one combo people, but most skills in our combo are not protected, like roaring tiger, wave orb, nature's wrath and torpedo, 1 skill is frontal guard which is perfect below, 3 skills are super armor, but rising dragon deals even less damage than pre-awaken because dev removed float from this skill while they left air attack and shitty modifier to us. Basically we have 3 protected skills to use in group fights, sea burial(which deals about half damage of striker's skull crusher), rising dragon( which deals about half damage of sea burial), absolute rage hammer( which deals a little bit more damage than rising dragon and we can't use it directly in awaken form and we can get cced when we switch weapon). By this saying mystic are not as kill efficient as other classes in high end group fights.

Even you see a mystic can one combo a kuno doesn't mean mystic's damage is good, because the combo requires 7 skills starting from grapple comparing to striker's 3/4 skills combo or ranger's 2 skills combo( grapple into WOTW), if either downsmash/kd fails in the combo, you are fked, it heavily relies on a unstable cc chain.

RageAgainst and Pkmdz like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so u want a fullprotected combo to kill one or even more people? :D :D :D :D

good luck.

6. Notte

No I want the opposite, tbh I think mystic still has too many super armors, I want them to remove some of them to get us better damage or more cc.

7. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

no you cant, i logged in to test this, as a mystic i need far more skills to do the same damage a kuno or ninja can do with less skills. example i needed 7 skills to 100>0 the kuno needed only 4, mystic does very low damage. and the fact remains that most of our awaken skills do not have super armor, and we have only ONE safe engage. mystic needs a fix, its not even asking for a buff, we need to get a fix so we can actually function in pvp

just an example, almost same gear same level sorce vs mystic, the sorc is obviously having a waaay easy time, the myth that mystics have 40% magic resis is just a myth

#147 farsay, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

BTW i dont care about the trolls who act as if they are "pro" , i actually play a mystic and main her, mystic needs a serious fix, she is dysfunctional right now

9. WhySoSeeryus

seems to me that mystics can kill people they cc just fine from that video.

10. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

youre blind. the mystic lost 90% of the fights, and notice that sorc are magic ap, this means the 40% magic dp argument is not true and people should never use it again

11. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 59 NA

The Mystic lost 90% of the fights because they weren't that great.

They kept getting hit by the exact same combos over and over again without adapting. They also absorbed WAY more damage from the Sorc before dying than most classes would be able to, and would have been able to mount a solid defense if they would just stop getting knocked down.

Nevertheless, presuming the two players have similar gear, the Mystic's damage output did seem to be too low. It could have been that they were executing the wrong combos, though. Like I said, they didn't seem to be at amazing at Mystic.

12. WhySoSeeryus

other classes would die way faster. and when mystics did kd sorc, they killed her from what i saw.

and ofc... it is a video made by sorc. ofc it would have more wins. :D

13. Srich

Most ppl.. Even those who are very good in pvp easly forget that a mistic to be viable needs at least 262 ap and to be good in pvp 275. They also forget how much is not tanky a mistc once she meets someone with 275 ap too.. But the diff is that the mistyc die in 2 skills even vs a magic class (275+ap) meanwhile mistic needs 4 or more skills thats because her design was made around combos and many ccs. Now they totaly changed the cc so the class is suffering from it and its viable for high ap or if wanna support your teams with dwbuffs and pulls which is the only reason mistic is still viable

Pkmdz likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

poor mystics at 275 bracket. i can feel my eyes tear up.

15. Srich

Indeed tears is the only thing your eyes can see.. Pleb

16. WhySoSeeryus

dude mystic is more than fine and even uber unbalanced with lower gear score. even mystics say it, at least he ones that are objective.it is more than capable in all aspects of the game and does its job more than fine.

and pleb is in your pants, coz u r obviously compensating for something with that profile picture.

#156 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  17. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

You don’t play mystic, you have imaginary friends who tell you “things” and you are always at the mystic forum spreading lies and misinformation, get a life, the class needs tweaking just like all the other classes after the big pvp updates that changed CC, SA, and how now damage is the number one factor in pvp relevance. Mystic needs a buff

Pkmdz likes this.
  18. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

sorc syndrom. mystic is finally balanced and still a very viable class in the hands of a decent player...
    for players like you, hmmmm, there is only one solution... keep up with the fotm train.

#158 Wollbert, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  19. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

YOUR babbling means nothing, the game developers have said that they will be rolling out fixes for each class because of the drastic changes they made to the pvp system, mystic HEAVILY depended on the SA that they nerfed, mystic will get her turn like very other class, this is something THE GAME DEVELOPERS HAVE SAID, you coming her to the mystic forum and spouting nonsense means nothing. as a mystic main, and the opinion of many others is that mystic needs a fix, she is not on the same scale as other classes such as ninjas, kuno, sorc, Valkyrie, etc

enough mystic hate. ok?

20. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

I dont know what you people are talking about...We got like 3-4 mystics in guild that are 550-560gs they roflpawn almost everyone in 1vs1.

Yeah I guess the time you could jump into 15 people get 3-4 kills and get out without breaking a sweat has passed but saying the class is underperforming or hasnt got enough cc????? Really now gimme a break....

You are tanky, you got mobility,you got enough cc and pull, more sa options than most classes and you want to have insane damage on top of all that?