1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

260+ap Wizards/Witches

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by NyteKnight, Oct 24, 2018.

?

Endgame Wizard/Witch pvp fun or nonexistent?

1. Yes I like to pvp as a witch

17.3%
  2. Yes I like to pvp as a wizard

11.5%
  3. No, I am just support

17.3%
  4. No, I don't like pvp at all as Witch/Wizard

26.9%
  5. I am a max gear witch/wizard and I kill everything

13.5%
  6. I maxed my gear and I am going to reroll

13.5%
  1. Soulo

Definitely agree. Makes a real problem with mages though because everything that really makes the class useful is in preawakened while the bread and butter of other classes IS awakening, with a couple good preawakening.

2. NyteKnight

So I wonder do other witch/wizards feel like me and would rather have 1v1 potential over large scale domination?
    do you want awakening improved or pre awakening buffed, like do you enjoy using everything or would you rather just never needing to switch.
    I think earth response should have an invincible frame or magical evasion be useful at all
    sage's memory should have a 30 second cool down and teleport's cool down be cut in half or make hell fire a teleport

3. Janus

277AP wizard here. Am going to reroll, just not 100% sure yet to which class. All other classes are more fun (and do a lot more damage) in end-game 1:1. Different story on lower gear (before reaching soft-cap).
    There is just one area where I will continue to use my wiz and where his strength is undeniable: Nodewars. Good AoEs and lots of support functionality work very well there. Too bad my focus is more on PvE and 1:1 than large-scale. Oh well

4. NyteKnight

i never reroll but i plan on rerolling to male ranger when it comes out next year, just wondering if I should buy reroll coupons for my weapons but then again i dont want to reward PA with money because they dont know how to balance. I want to keep playing wizard but I can't stand not being able to 1v1, and I hate going to the fotm but why keep suffering?

Stillwaters likes this.
  5. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

I wouldn’t mind a 1v1 buff and a large scale nerf because I think classes should be more balanced overall. Classes should be viable for all types of gameplay. Maybe one is a bit better than another at a specific thing, but the differences should not be huge. This means, I would be 100% fine with a Witchard nerf to large scale and buff to small scale.

But if your question is do I like the fact that the Witchard is great at large scale and sucks at small scale from a purely selfish perspective? Absolutely. I care about large scale, and very few if any opponents can beat my witch 1v1 in random open world encounters. I mean the few who can aren’t usually in grind spots where pvp happens (most people swap and find an open channel at aakman/hystria). And if I really wanted to, I always have my mystic or berserker tagged to my witch. And since tagged alts can share a tent, swapping armor/accessories to my alt for 1v1 pvp situations is easy enough. But frankly, I do this more to deal with karma bombers than anything else. Why? PvP, outside of Arsha, at aakman and hystria is very limited. And outside of those two places, most opponents are softcap or below where my classes weaknesses are easily compensation by gear.

Edit:

TLDR: I think balancing classes to make them viable in all types of pvp and PvE is a good thing, but we should start with classes that have nothing they shine at (like valks). But if you are asking me from a very selfish perspective, I like that Witchards are strong in large scale as I care most about large scale and I have alts with tet weapons I can swap my gear to if I really wanted to 1v1 someone above softcap.

Stillwaters and Janus like this.
  6. Stillwaters

Do you stream or make videos? I haven't found many witch,wizards that do

7. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

No. I don’t stream. I tend to like to do my own thing in game and streaming never really called to me! But , yes, BDO could use more good streamers.

Stillwaters likes this.