1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

270AP is the new softcap.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 2Cents

It's not that difficult in BDO. They have a built in system for it. TET Accessories are not just a minor step above TRI. There is a massive difference which makes it a lot easier to clarify a soft cap. Even if it's subjective.

Generally speaking TET Armor, TRI accessory, TET/PEN Weapon is still the current soft cap. Even if MANY people are past it. MOST don't even count. Anyone Exploiting, Whaling, or receiving massive payouts isn't even part of the real game economy.

I would estimate far less than 5% of the player base actually earned any of their Gear Score.
    • Old BDO: Yawn I'll have wait 2 weeks to attempt a PEN again. #payouts
    • New BDO: Yawn I'll have wait 2 weeks to attempt a PEN again. #pay2win

#61 2Cents, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. MalGuldur

Expect many 270+ ap people since bdo has been out for 3 years...

3. Lazesight

Its risen to 310ap 400dp softcap aka full pen gear don't even go that high lol

4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

"Softcap is the point where the enhancement system changes drastically, the enhancement System didnt changed since 3 years now. TRI is still TRI, and if u fail TRI you drop to DUO. -> Since TRI i the first Level where you can Downgrade, TRI is still the softcap."

Your crazy "Nodewar/Castle pvp requirement thing" has nothing to do with Softcap. A Softcap can only change if the system/mechanic itself changes, since that isnt the case for the past 3 years, its still exactly the same.

Basically the Gear you get on Trial Chars/Arsha Arena is Softcap in terms of the Developers. If they change that gear, and change the enhancement system (No downgrade on TRI fail) then the Softcap will Shift, otherwise, even if u are full PEN, doesnt mean Softcap changed!
    No change in system = No change in softcap!

Mojihn likes this.
  5. flukeSG1

TRI is not softcap and hasn't been for years. You just said yourself in the eyes of the developers trial character gear is softcap in eyes of the dev's and that is way past TRI.

6. The_Lord

what ? im 273 and i have no pen weapons , it's alot easier to go for tet accessories rather than pen weapon

Itoena likes this.
  7. Allan1985

oh innocent you, even the PA CEO admited it, yet here saying not even 0.01% of players have 270 AP:

"Issues around newer hunting grounds are changing with the times. Currently, the number of Adventurers that think there aren’t a lot of hunting grounds for them to choose from, and those that go to Aakman, Hysteria, Abyssal level Sycraia Underwater Ruins are growing. This is a natural phenomenon caused by the increase in game play hours which causes the higher specs to become standardized."

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2790

#67 Allan1985, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  8. MagicalTabletopGirls

That's not what "soft cap" means. Soft Cap is the point in which most players reasonably stop or give up. Which would be TRI to TET Boss Gear & DUO to TRI Golds, that wont ever change unless they revamp the Enhancement System & boost the drop rate.

This is the AP gap is Power Creep that will keep getting worse unless changes are made. Given they keep making Whale Content for people who are power creeping while at the same time not boosting drop ratees, I don't see this changing any time soon. Sadly the game is designed like a F2P mobile game rather than a month subscription MMO like EverQuest. I hope the Loot Box Bill in the USA passes & they are forced to adopt the classic MMO model that worked. I have no problem buying a monthly fee & for cosmetic DLC I wont pay to advance via gambling.

9. Exaah

if it costs less than 2-3 B to upgrade, you're not at softcap

10. Itoena

Itoena Warrior 62 EU

So my 271,273,311 is not soft cap? Cause i do not have a single pen part. But then again it was very easy to get that gear

11. Kelt Rand

I actually believe the frequency of 270+ geared players is quite high. I base that perception on being in a large 3 node war per week guild for the last 2 years (not top tiered siege guild).

The players in the guild that have 270+ AP is ~20% versus 6-months ago which was 5%...

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Don't give me this bs that its easy to get to 271... You played this game for over 2 years...

13. Itoena

Itoena Warrior 62 EU

I afk fished, did events, and over that time periode i grinded maybe 100 hours over those 2 years. So yes getting there was easy. And no. I did not pay either. At xmass i was only 230 ap with nouver

14. Nabuch

Spoiler: Softcap doesn't change, it's all about progression speed. You slow down after TRI accessories/TET armors. Then you slow down even more at full TET accessories. That doesn't mean the softcap magically changed. Softcap means the progression is "softly capped". Diminishing returns and ****. If it takes you 6x more money to get the same 3 AP upgrade, you are at softcap. Which is full TRI accessories/TET armors and weapons. Deal with it.

Softcap was NEVER about "PvP entry level". The only definition which has "playerbase" in it is from urbandictionary, while all occurences of the term "softcap" in gaming before that has same meaning.

Softcap = stat is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive (3 AP going from 800m for TRI Cres to 5b for TET Cres) or gives diminished benefit (example: 1 STR gives you 1 DPS. After 30 STR, each additional point gives you 0.5 DMG).

Hardcap = there's no way to increase the stat (full PEN Lv. 20 Caphras etc etc) OR further improving the stat gives NO benefit (After 60 STR, each additional point doesn't change your damage, 61 STR is 60 DMG, 62 STR is 60 DMG and so on).

#74 Nabuch, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  15. Maginha

But actually, it ez easy :D

16. Lazesight

270AP is the softcap due to the fact someone under that will struggle at pvp and this is a pvp game. Meaning softcap is where the top pvpers are at and anything below that is midcap.

17. Nabuch

Well, doesn't help you against my Musa now does it.

18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Only thing is, the system did change.
    TRI accessories are readily available to buy in the ah and try your luck with, because of the market changes. Even TET can be bought pretty much all the time. You do not need to preorder TET Ogres for like 25 billion anymore.
    You can get a permanent 2FS, Valks Cry through several means, free FS are given out on many occasions, several 100FS are obtainable in the adv. Journal, the income grinding is a lot higher than over a year ago and so much more.
    Maybe the enchant system itself did not change much(apart from the caphra option), but everything connected to the gearing process as a whole changed a lot.

Maginha likes this.
  19. Capitaine Courage

Enhancing, ok, but to do what in the first place ? Really. That's the question I'm asking myself nowadays.
    Burning hundreds of hours and money to finally be able to play more of the same **** rushed updates like unwaters ruins or Star Grave, with a character that doesn't really actually evolve anymore since months or years (except vertical artificial power creep, but with the exact same skillset you played since your awakeining, years ago) ?
    Playing "reworked" stupid fetch quests lines like in Mediah that are so badly written, screenplayed and most of all streamlined that no **** was ever given ? (Talk about a remake, everything regarding narrative aspects is a catastrophy in BDO, even games like Vindictus did a hundred times better regarding story .... With freaking cahracters' portraits in PNG as narrators !...)
    Doing Mass PvP nobody gives a **** about anymore and that never really worked satisfyingly in 3 years ?
    What's the point ?

#79 Capitaine Courage, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  20. Soulscar

How does the softcap change as the average AP goes up?