1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Party Software Banwave and Hotbar Exploit Fix

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 7, 2018.

1. DarkBever

2. Wired x Take Notes

I am all for banning cheaters, however as a security admin that is well versed in a few programming languages, I will remind you to "never say never". Every time I hear or see something like this "oh, we've definitely 100% got it exactly right" then there's a good chance it's a full 75% baked. With Kakao's current track record, that makes it seem even less likely.

3. Rogahn

Rogahn Keevan Wizard 62 EU

4. primonz0

Funny part is they are not detecting anything, they are banning people based on a teleport and lack of response on their wisps.
    I have recorded all my fishing sessions, ingame and irl with my phone, and I have the moment when a GM teleports me, wisp me and for not responding, today my account is permanently banned.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

why didnt u just respond?

6. primonz0

A gm told me this: "You can be sure we do a triple check before an action like this. We aren't ban nobody just for a lack of response for a whisper."

So I wanted to test if that was true.

I'm already talking with them, but if I dont get unbanned I'll make a thread showing everything, and the videos show perfectly how there is nothing running but me pressing the keys.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  7. Neptuno

The fish bots, as I believe they were described in the past, would automatically get the "perfect" active catch, allowing them to catch faster without minigame. AFK fishing would be very distinctive. The only false positive would be an active fisher being checked that afks right before a GM checks them.

8. Ateena

There's nothing to be determined. Or a streamer was caught again?
    Perma bans and nothing else.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so, the first time you get a whisper you go all "**** the system" on their asses? sorry, but story does seem kinda fishy.

AzureStarz and Neptuno like this.
  10. FamousAzzkicker

oh **** i saw a warrior blocking like crazy, is that just their broken block being able to spam it, or could he have been using the same thing?
    i saw 1 warrior in arena that blocked like no other, maybe he was just a pvp god, but i doubt it LOL. he literally blocked everything on time, and felt like block had no cd or any weakness? is warrior just broken like that? :p

11. Kotaro

12. Brightcide

Big if true.

13. Eisenn

Without seeing what happened to you. I can only give you what warrior's block does. Warrior's block is as simple as pressing Q and it's beefy as hell. And as long as it doesn't get broken through a warrior can leave it up indefinitely until the Block is dropped or broken. Grapple is your best bet against it.

14. TanteErna

Violation of ToS? There's only one action: Perma ban.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  15. FamousAzzkicker

thats kind of broken imo tho, but i guess ill keep that for another thread.
    should be a block on use, for like 0.5-1.0 sec, then it would actually require skill ,if it also had a small cooldown.

16. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

@GM Rhotaaz so u ban the players who change the game file to get another ingame font, too?

would love that. <3 so many streamers i see changeing the fonts or language files to exploit "guild quests spoilers".

17. Eisenn

I understand the frustration with it. I just wanted to dispel the idea of it being part of this exploit.

18. iSaint9

THANK YOU for saying something about Market bots. I hope we can all work under a somewhat level field.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. Lilylotta

it's the same for alot of classes tho. i believe witch is the only 1 where it goes away after a few seconds. the rest is more-less there until broken or cancelled.

(i've played maehwa and kuno, which basically have it)

20. Solsi

No. That's just a normal warrior thing. Has nothing to do with manipulating files and certainly no evidence of the player being good in PvP lmao.

When it comes to hotkey'ers, I'd say a few days ban for those that only tried it a few times or messed around. If you abused it hardcore and systematically in PvP/PVE than perma ban. But I kinda fear the people will get away with it.

Also thumps up for giving us an update on the marketplace bot situation.