1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

400€ on PoE cosmetics provided me more enjoyment than 8000€ on BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Karmek, Aug 24, 2018.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

Make sure you delete your character. If you don't delete your character YOU WILL COME BACK and have a relapse.

I just checked out the remaster and looked at the new costume, and i'm already contemplating coming back. Someone stop me from coming back and buying another 10k pearls.

KikoiK likes this.
  2. Alicia Dominica

Please don't. Ranked is gonna be unplayable when all the trash comes over.

3. United_Strafes

Easy, just stop and think of the stupid **** you would be spending those 10k pearls on. I was about to spend $60 for this patch then I started thinking, buying pixel weight and pixel inventory, naa I'll just keep the money.

Findubar likes this.
  4. Kotaro

I was gonna buy $30 for the new costume, but then I prefer to save it to buy another cosplay
    real clothes! not pixels... Im also start to think to stop buying my monthly value pack...
    I know this game will not die soon, maybe I will go back to FFXIV

Thelemna likes this.
  5. Ateena

ranked is full of trash who trade wins anyway and think they are the hottest **** when most competent people stopped played long time ago.

Ad Astra, Draconnix and zhagsten like this.
  6. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

Ehhhh deleted characters can be recovered.Just not the pearl items.oWo

7. Szakłak

I'm happy with the changes. I can quit the game without regrets. :P

8. WelshSteel

I'll laugh at what you think alternatives are.

9. Szakłak

I don't really look for alternatives. BDO hooked me for quite some time. Lately I'm playing some monster hunter world and coming back to books and irl to be honest. This time I've spend in front of BDO was fun at some point but now it feels like I overslept 2 years of my life which is not that fun.

Also, dont you think this "what is alternative" argument is bit overused? I get some people love bdo in its core, but if the game is **** you don't play it because everything else is more shittier. And, be honest, it is not true there is no alternative good MMOs to play. Just everyone likes different game. Now when someone says "alternative" it sounds like he/she is just trying tl convince himself to stick to BDO.

Fraxinus, ToasteyAF, Hoebbit and 2 others like this.
  10. HairaQ

:) where people so stupid are born?
    but real power begins over 9000 - remember!

11. WelshSteel

Looks like you needed an excuse to return back to r/l and books, even tho it took some pretty weak excuses such as "people can melt outfits and get a bit stronger sooner". Feel free to quit an mmo with longetivity that's soon hitting xbox and later other consoles, this game is on the up and is only getting better with no clear competition in sight (ashes of creation will take an unreal amount of time with what they are planning).

12. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

I wouldn't call it stupid ..Developers salaries get paid somehow. Some believed in this game from the get go and overlooked alot of the games poor mechanics/gates and chose to trust in the developer while spending disposable income on a "fun" hobby. One cannot decide how another chooses to spend their resources. That is an immature notion.

13. Szakłak

I don't really get why, maybe it is just an impression, you try to fight me on that one, whilst I'm not fighting you at all. I've just been spending less time on the game last weeks and last changes do not encourage me to involve again, thats all. Im not condemning anybody for playing or sayin you shouldnt play cuz some people gonna melt costumes for cron stones.

I don't agree although on the part "is getting only better". If that was true I would have more fun, not less while grinding, node wars, open pvp, life skills. Again, that could be just my impression.

And my first post - the one ending with ":P" - was a bit of a joke - which ":P" suggest. But, we all have bad jokes sometimes, I know, I know.

Fraxinus and zhagsten like this.
  14. zhagsten

No. There's a lot of toxicity. Lots of players going very defensive on any discussion, at the point of taking a noob questions for an attempt to change the game. The suggestion/feedback forum full of raging people who vomit insults because they think they know better. The sub reddit only about memes, item showcases and the latest streamer's death in hardcore.
    It doesn't represent all the players, but it's enough to be floating on top. And it annoys the rest of the players who don't like this behaviour.

15. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Kakao's utter incompetence shown time and time again is not deserving of any monetary reward.

It would be unbelievable to be otherwise after 2 and 1/2+ years of playing with highspeed internet and electricity being a constant that I somehow was just unable to scrape together 10 dollars.

16. iTroll

Well this is a problem mainly because when u put alot of time and effort andoney in to something and u are not satisfied then u feel huge pain.May it be a business u invest in or a game anything etc ...That's why u never go "big" in a game.U could buy 1 costume , get pets to t4 , get tent and then buy some artisan memory and the rest farm in game.This will not cost u 8k.Max 1-2k if really that.But it's your money , when u spend alot and u don't get the return majority of the time In games then your the only one to blame.They don't care **** about u , only the money.

17. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Wasn't ranked trash anyway ?

Ad Astra likes this.
  18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

If you really want to quit just sell account on ebay and earn some sweet $$$. Only idiots delete stuff.

19. Findubar

*laughs in incompetent publisher and developer*

20. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

This. Lets not even get into the evident bots in Ranked and people who want to call GW2 PvP balanced are out of their blow hole mind. There is absolutely nothing balanced about PvP when you get to the upper parts of competition and execution --- it is great at letting people jump right into the fray without gearing up or putting in levels, I will give GW2 that. Yet anything else beyond that is bull to the Nth power. It is one of the reasons I do not play Ranked anymore in PvP and just do normal games and WvW, which is also dying if not close to dead now.

And before anyone throws it up, never put 14 in the same bracket for PvP as any of these MMOs either. The PvP is objectively trash fire, so it trips me out when people try to act like 14 is that much better and mention "It has PvP". Even the PvE content in 14 is a joke if you are a serious raider, because they dropped the difficulty of raids awhile back. Things that were a challenge are no longer so, and they did this so that it could be more accessible to players. It is like the rampant hate for BDO makes people blind to the faults of the same games they claim are so much better. Every MMO has baggage.

Draconnix likes this.