1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response 4k/8k screenshot not working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Puipui, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Puipui

Hi im trying to take screenshots using the 4k or 8k options. But it only seems to take them at native resolution.

I did have it work for 3 screenshots then it seemed to not want to work anymore. Is there some gpu setting that blocks/hampers it from functioning correctly? Because i was playing around with those settings to try and solve my FPS issue that seems to be affecting everyone lately.

i just want my pretty 8k screenshots back :(

Shenya likes this.
  2. PM Horizon

Project Manager

Hey there!

Could you let me know where are you trying to capture these screenshots at? Are you mounted on a horse by any chance?

3. The_Emperor509

I'm having the same problem. I used to take many 8k screenshots, now it only takes current resolution. I was idle up by elrics shrine.

4. Hissis

Same problem here,sometimes it work tho(like 1/5)

5. Puipui

taking in mostly empty of pc/npc beauty spots

6. alphaelectric

I noticed 4k/8k screenshot doesn't work when my weapon is unsheathed or when i am sitting/leaning which makes Observe Mode redundant since it will only take an image in the native resolution.

doesn't seem to have a problem when I am idle.

7. Shenya

Can confirm. I wrote about this over a month ago (when it very first started after a patch).

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/4k-8k-screenshot-mode.35328/

It is intermittent for me. I can screenshot and it'll work or not, doesn't matter where I am or weather I have weapon. If I change settings between 4k and 8k and jpg and png, sometimes the next try will work, sometimes not. Often it'll give me a few screenshots, then just not. If I remove the UI, it's much more likely to not work, but when it does, if I turn the UI back on, it usually won't work when I turn it off again and sometimes won't work with it on either. It's absolutely not something I can reproduce.

The ONLY time I am guaranteed a 4k screenshot, is if I am at the marketplace or warehouse. Yes sir, because it give me so few 4k shots, I forget that I have it on, and then facepalm when I get a solid 4k shot of my inventories.

The following series were all taken at the same time. To my surprise, the first 3 worked, the final one did not.

2017-08-19_44973272.JPG 2017-08-19_44994084.JPG 2017-08-19_45003384.JPG 2017-08-19_45091755.JPG

It's annoying, because in 4k mode, jpg is good enough for me, and stops my screens directory swelling to same size as the game. But when it takes it at the resolution I game at on my ancient laptop (1280x720), those jpegs are NASTY as you can see in the final screen.

I really love the 4k mode, it meant that I didn't have to keep switching to 1920x1080 for screenshots and drop to 20fps or so at the slightly high settings I use.

PLEASE OH PLEASE FIX THIS *cries real tears*

8. alphaelectric

you're character is interacting with the tree in which you are in "Lean Mode" and after some patch 4k/8k doesnt seem to work anymore when you take a screenshot in this position, it used to but now it never works. ever.

9. Akitox

Aaand it's still not fixed ...

Satya likes this.
  10. JetForceF22

4k/8k screenshots are now no longer capturing UI/Hud elements anymore, so if I get something on the NV and screen shot it, nothing shows up except a big picture of patrigo.

11. McLayne

McLayne Soann Ranger 62 EU

so do i

12. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

for me 4k/8k never did capture the UI so I started using the snipping tool for stuff like NV and such.
    However I have the issue that my 8k screens are not working but this time it only makes screenshots in the normal resolution with UI :(

13. McLayne

McLayne Soann Ranger 62 EU

it did for me, but 4k/8k never work the same way from one update to another... :(

Sidina likes this.
  14. Nikki_Nine

Bummer, hope they fix it soon, especially because that is how I spend the majority of my BDO game time now days (screenies).

15. johnnified

Only a few came out as 4k for me.

Nikki_Nine likes this.
  16. Nikki_Nine

It's still not working, I tried it a few days ago. Made a little youtube video about it. It pretty much reiterates what is talked about here but if you want to check it out it is at.