1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th Anniversary: Thank you!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Belle Atwell, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Belle Atwell

Hey,

I wanted to write a letter of thanks. Though I complain all the time about stuff you've done so much fantastic work for the game.

Thank you for the upcoming quests as well.

Years ago Valencia came out. It was so hard to get gear back then I remember everyone I knew quit. The things just wouldn't go to TRI. So, those that got it just rocketed ahead and those that didn't couldn't keep up. I've always complained about this and how much the game needs to add more for people to do together. One of the greatest hurtles to that is just getting the gear in the first place to keep up with your friends.If Enhancing doesn't work out for you then you have a really long grind to catch up.
    - This is a really big reward you're giving us this year. I always thought temporary gear for time played would be a good way to deal with it along with fixed loot, but I'm startled by a permanent hand out. I trust your judgement though. Hopefully it will help people catch up with one another or stay together better.

I think the game has come a long ways since Valencia.

Kama was a great addition and really cheered things up. Dreighan was a little bit dower, but beautiful too. I loved the alpine parts. I think everyone did.
    - Those autumn trees and unobtrusive stretches of land with no debris gave a lot of breathing room back to the game. Mediah and Valencia were just too much interruption.

I honestly think you went overboard on the rewards, but at the same time I love you for it! They are all very helpful and those of us that do pay when playing appreciate the hand-backs.

I yell at you a lot on the forums, but that's typically what forums are for: communicating where something is bugged out in the game or not working.

You're a fantastic company. Keep on with your vision. I think you're going to go down in gaming history as one of the most beloved games of all time.

So far as I'm concerned you're the second Dark Age of Camelot after the destroyer (WoW) ruined MMOs. You've done a lot for the industry and gamers, even if we don't say it enough.

A great big thank you then!

Have a great year!

kamik0z, Arvalo, Factorial and 3 others like this.
  2. SilverWolf

@Belle Atwell I recommend getting that concussion looked at as soon as possible.

zhagsten, Dalenos, gurghul and 2 others like this.
  3. Dalenos

:D:D:D

SilverWolf likes this.
  4. Columba

Nice post. Ignore the cry babies,

Ambrotosia and Factorial like this.
  5. DivinityDay

Hey,

I wanted to write a letter of realism. Though we complain all the time about stuff you've done to shove our faces into the Pearl Shop, you methodically keep doing so.

Thank you for the upcoming gear that's going to only further the sales of valks, mems and outfits for cron melting.

Years ago when Valencia came out, it was so hard to get gear back then. Now you pretty much give it away for free, because the more players that have this gear in their hands the higher the probabilities they'll need those valks, mems and outfits for cron melting. And we know how much you like probabilities! I was going to remix the following sentence but no education that I have acquired in my life can help me decypher what the OP was trying to convey, so moving along. One of the greatest hurtles to that is just getting the gear in the first place to keep up with your friends. Now I can fail my enhancements just like my friends did/do and boy oh boy we know how much fun that is as a group content!

- This is a really big reward you're giving us this year. I always thought temporary gear for time played would be a good way to deal with it along with fixed loot, but I'm not startled by a permanent hand out. Because you know and we all know that placeabo freebie players will get having TRI boss gear is just going make them feel like they can compete in NWs. They'll head in to NWs with their shiny new TRI boss gear, get wrecked then head on over to the Pearl Shop to snag up some of that crony fashion that is just begging to be melted. Why? Because no one likes to lose!

I think the game has come a long ways since Valencia because everytime you release it on a platform you do so in it's first incarnation to recycle the lifespan of income generated by the game.

Kama was a great addition and really cheered things up by separating the playerbase even more by introducing areas that only those who were already winning....could grind in to keep on winning! Dreighan was a little bit dower, just an attempt at getting that Elder Scrolls player base that's waiting for TES VI and hey!!!!! We're looking at you too Dova___I mean Guardian!

I honestly think you went overboard on the rewards, but at the same time we all know it was the best way to snag those new players up! They are all very helpful and those of us that do pay when playing appreciate the backhand-slaps by giving away the stuff we bought - for free! I'm looking at you pets, maids, accs, VPs and etc etc and even more etc.

I yell at you a lot on the forums, but that's typically what forums are for: communicating where something is bugged out in the game and PA not ignoring us all!

You're a fantastic company. Keep on with your money bags and back that Brinks truck up. I think you're going to go down in gaming history as one of the most methodical monetized games of all time.

-SNIP-

A great big thank you then!

Have a great year!

SilverWolf likes this.
  6. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

You know, love or hate em, why do we need to piss all over people when they have a positive opinion or some small message of praise to pass on? Who are they hurting?

Lefteye and Ambrotosia like this.