1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Feb 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T800

I am really sorry, after reading Crosspath message, i went on to check his actual numbers, and they seem to be fake, at least in my opinion.
    He actually counted 5m and 10m gains together to get his numbers.

Claiming he cleared all the 5m routes( inlcuding getting level 1-4 Bartering items) + went to Margoria and took all the 10m and came back to Illiya island all in only 78 minutes - i don't see how that's possible.

[​IMG]

#1 T800, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. Allan1985

while i am glad i inspired you in some way it seems that your incoherent way to do math has still seen no improvement, according to you, if i can play 1 whole day (24 hrs) i can do 202 mill x 24 = 4 848 mill per day right?

yet you also state that:

wich already falls in contradiction with the math behind your first statement. so i will have to ask you to be more rigorous with the way you do maths, since it greatly ashames the effort and hardwork your college maths professor had to put into your classes, but worry not, i am here to help you stop ashaming him.

upload_2020-2-7_1-41-9.png
    in this particular case:
    -the sum of elements in set would be = the total amount of silver you made that day
    -the numer of elements in set would be = the ammount of time a day has (24) since you defined it as average per day and a day has 24 hrs

so now lets calculate the average base on your own data:

mean (also called average) =1 052 millions/24 = 43.83 mill per hr

see it wasnt that hard, was it? this time i did it out of good will, but next time i will have to send you the bill by mail ok?

Souda, Columba, LaBabaYaga and 3 others like this.
  3. Eonias

@Allan1985
    The only thing he has to change in his posting is :

T800 (original) : Average income pr day: 1,052 billion

if he wrote : Average income pr "Bartering" day: 1,052 billion

Because he defined the Bartering Day with 5.2 hours and not with 24, so his 202 Mio per hour for the Bartering Session (hours) is valid.

everything would be fine and you could have mentioned only this one little thing as you know what he mean :-)

Regards
    Eo

gurghul and T800 like this.
  4. Ayuzawa

So I guess if you had a job and want to find you hourly wage, you would also divide your week's pay by the number of hours in a week? (the set is not the nbr of hours in a day but the numbers of working hours)

I would have though that anyone reading that post would read the daily income as:
    1 billion / day for 5 hour of play time each day.

From what I get from the post you could do smth like grinding during the rest of the time (that's if you have any sanity left^^).

Lillesofie and AZzalor like this.
  5. Factorial

Where is our noble knight Sir @Blitzball to call for a nerf? We need bartering nerf to the ground really quick.

Columba, gurghul, Lillesofie and 5 others like this.
  6. Allan1985

Greeting Eonias

Well i feel like a context filler is needed here, while i do understand what he means, he and i already started this conversation in another thread, in wich he behaved very hostile when i pointed out my disagreement with his statement that bartering nets 202 mill per hr, and for some reason he decided to open this thread and even use my name on it, so i tought "if he wants to bring the party out, lets bring the party out".

I do see the point you mention, but you see, the beauty of maths is that when done right it is absolute, wich is why we must be very carefull as to how we define things, so please consider this:

Different bartering players have different playstyles wich means not all player are equally efficient and also not all bartering players have the same equipment, wich implies that the "bartering day" of each player would have different ammount of hrs, as a consequence of that we cannot call what he calculated an average per day because the "bartering day" would be a variable relative to each player and then the resulting number would lose all its meaning as a comparison value to determine how profitable and actvity is in general terms.

What i am trying to avoid with all this rigurosity is the ambiguity of the statement mentioned above, in wich he is stating that bartering is an activity that can net up to 202 mill per hr, wich could easily lead to the incorrect assumption that someone bartering for... lets say as an example...12 hrs, can earn 2 424 millions in the same day.

Also i wanna ty for being so proper in your way of talking, is great to see people like you in this wasted lands :)

Have a great day

#6 Allan1985, Feb 7, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Yet that guy is telling others that they are spreading misinformation LOL. Oh, the irony.

AZzalor, Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  8. T800

#8 T800, Feb 7, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  9. Allan1985

there are 2 problems with your example wich are 1) that in a job your can work as many hrs per day in a week as you wish/can, while in bartering you can only do 4 cycles per day, the problem with that is that usually income per hr is an important number because its supposed to be a general reference, that reference would lose its meaning if each player uses different bartering time values, wich leads to problem 2) he defined the income per day unproperly, wich is a direct consequence of him using a bartering time per day of 5.2 hrs for something to be used as a general reference stadarized values must be used, else it loses all its value as a reference.

10. Allan1985

then you cannot call it average per day, simply because a day doesnt have 5.2 hrs.

Life2v likes this.
  11. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

well lot they are not telling you like how many batter they have I am sure they have all 12 routes to make that pluss they must be selling off all the 5 mil Mats they are getting from barttering but if you need sea coins can not do that. Also selling off the 10 mil barter if you have all 12 routes then you get the more 10mil Bartters with only 10 Routes I am getting an average of 24 10 mil mats for 240 Mil per 4 reset

12. T800

#12 T800, Feb 7, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  13. Allan1985

wich is what i have been trying to say from the beggining, but you were too busy being difficult to notice it

then call it average per 5.2 hrs not average per day since you dont get to redefine how many hrs a day has

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

the bad part about the 5 MIl Mats is they do not stack so use a lot of bank space

15. woots

that look interesting, is there any bartering tutorial or something around ?

T800 likes this.
  16. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

I can do a billion/day too. At 13k barters now.

I can also mention if you only barter 5hrs/day for the good stuff you'll run out of stuff anf wont last long.

Eventually you'll have to spend more hours bartering the mats to t1+ too.

I wouldnt say you can keep up 260m/hr

TucoRamires and Allan1985 like this.
  17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

That is completly wrong.
    You also calculate your wage in what you get per hour even tho you don't work 24/7. There are not many players even playing this game more than 5h/day and on top of that you can still do other afk activities while not bartering.
    So much nonsense in one comment, congratulations.

19. Wodahs

aw come on ! already ! and i wanted to be the first to make that comment :(

Allan1985 likes this.
  20. Shinee

You can do much silver from Barter, yes. But to be hones, you can do a calculation there you show how you can earn, if you sit and play your no sleeping time (no work/school). I'm working, do Bartering around 2-3 times every week, with my Carrack. So from a more practice perspective for us who have a work/school, it can look like this (Bartering 6500).
    From every reset you can get around 8 node of T5, it give 8x4x5m = 160m
    Then you reset, do it again... +160m
    Then do a "Instant Reset"... +160m
    That can give you 160+160+160=480m per evening

To that you need calculate all other Bartering you need to do to get T4, T3 and T2. Without them, no T5's.
    If you already have a Carrack you don't need hunt Sea Coins, only hunt T5's. Skip the Valencia/Margoria tour for Sea Coins, it's only waist of time.

This take around 3 hour, then you can't do any more resets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.