1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

530% Experience Scrolls are not working correctly?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Cassosphere, May 31, 2019.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Dude give it a rest. I have accepted that there are other buffs that can skew how the xp gains go and by the way I would know if a bell was running. Also and please read my post. I have never claimed the 530 were not working. I replied to someone that said 530% does not mean 5.3 times xp which it does. I also only mentioned it on base, not other buffs.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  2. Vanadiel

1+1 = 2, regardless of mechanics, rules or practical results to confirm the calculation.
    However, in BDO 1+1 = ? (something else than 2, but nobody knows what and the developer will not tell you what it is)

There has been 0 replies to this 530% working/not working from a GM. Why do you think that is?
    Because they don't know either!

Ruffe, Stillwaters and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Because exp buffs have always applied to the base exp rate and people know this since the beginning. Its not hard to understand and not hard to test either. There is absolutely no need for confirmation or an official statement, the only thing needed seems to be math lessons.

4. Vanadiel

Good, give me a lesson and write down the formula used for calculating this.

5. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

I already did in this thread. Others did too.

6. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

its a bit different then 1+1, let me break it down to ur math. its more of a 1 x (4 + ?) = issue, where the 1 is ur base xp, the 4 is the xp modifier and the ? is the modifier u already had. say u already had a x3 modifier, ur previous xp would have been 1x3=3. now with the new buff of lets say x4 it would be 1x(3+4)=7 now 7 is more then 4 but its not the 4 times more you would expect if U dont get how this works.

I Hope these numbers are withing your range of understanding

7. The same issue came up with the 1000% xp event. You can see in the first few replies there that the community is mistaken by the face value of the xp boost, until Korvgubben chimes in with the additive v. multiplicative example:

I'll give my own experience as evidence. I leveled to 63 almost entirely afk (90%+). Over 4 months, my average weekday gain was 0.8% and my average weekend gain was 1.2%. All buffs being the same or normalized over time (bells), the only difference between weekday and weekend was the 100% weekend xp buff.

By the logic most are mistakenly making in this thread, I should have been gaining 1.6% on average on weekends, but that is not how exp buffs work in this game.

Please stop making the mistake of thinking 100% means x2, 1000% means x 10, or 530% means >x5. This community keeps falling for the same fallacies every time there's a big xp event.

There's a reason the usual number crunchers like BignShiny haven't chimed in on this. It's because there's nothing wrong.

8. Vanadiel

The issue with that is that all the XP scrolls use % values, not absolute values.
    Can you rewrite your formulas with % rather than actual values.
    If you do that, you will notice it's not that simple.

I will try to point you in the direction: 1 x (100%) = ?
    If you fill in the number for the question mark, you will come to the conclusion that by using your formula 100% XP increase would equal base XP, 1.

#88 Vanadiel, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. But the % buffs are applying to the absolute value of the exp you gain from mobs/xp per doll tick. You're confounding the situation by thinking buffs applied to base will directly correlate to the percent you see on your screen.

In any case \o/ Good luck, good grind. There is no problem here. Just player misunderstanding.

10. Unranked

its a bit different then 1+1, let me break it down to ur math. its more of a 1 x (400% + ?) = issue, where the 1 is ur base xp, the 400% is the xp modifier and the ? is the modifier u already had. say u already had a 300% modifier, ur previous xp would have been 1x300%=3. now with the new buff of lets say 400% it would be 1x(300%+400%)=7 now 7 is more then 4 but its not the 4 times more you would expect if U dont get how this works.

fixed it for u

11. Vanadiel

See my reply above for 100% XP increase using your formula. It would equate to 0 XP increase as 1 x 100% = 1

12. Unranked

the base value is 100% on its own in this case the 300% includes the 100% of the base xp so its more like a 200% modifier.

it feels like u just dont want to understand at this point....

13. Vanadiel

I am simply referring to 100% XP increase, without any other increases running.
    Would you expect exactly double XP base value, or something else?
    If your base XP is 1 you would expect the result to be 2, right?
    According to your formula, it would actually be 1.

That's why I was asking for someone to write down the exact formula used to calculate XP % scroll increases.
    I bet nobody has gotten it correct so far...

14. zhagsten

Ok Bill O'Reilly. But actually we know. You have all the formulas you need in this thread and the previous threads already answered by GMs. You just don't want to know. That's the real problem. Also the fact that people waste support time so once again Kakao comes back later with the answer from devs confirming everything is working normally. And of course, because you still won't want to understand, you'll toss a sarcasm about "working as intended".

Don't use your scrolls, throw them away, nobody cares. You won't get more from it, we players on the forum explained you with extra lengths why. You don't need an official answer, but you'll probably get it. Once again. It's always the same.

15. Vanadiel

Ah, I see. If Kakao says everything is working normally, you believe them.
    Well, I don't. I have to see data to back that claim up. Data from Kakao, not from other players.

I remember Kakao saying for months the server issues were due to our ISP.
    After months they switched server providers, and since then the server issues have disappeared.
    Weird, I guess our ISP's fixed themselves.

16. zhagsten

The thing is : the formula we have works and does not need your belief. It's not a religion.
    But go on, strut and fret your hour upon the stage.

17. flukeSG1

That's not the question you should be asking, which should explain the difference between 530% + 200% + 50% and let's round up to 8x exp. Fact is, the system they use is convoluted and overly complex for no specific reason except to make it difficult for people to figure out their exact gain. Pretty much like every other system in this game, lol!

Sidina and Ben Phoenix like this.
  18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

but thats the thing its actually not complicated at all, everyone just overthinks it

19. DiNaSul

DiNaSul Archer 61 EU

Please give me the formula.

20. Deyric

No you repeated pushed that it was broken. Now you are trying to make excuses for that.