1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

77% ram damage nerf applied to all ships.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by shidoxen, Aug 22, 2018.

1. JOWH

This is getting out of hand. All I read is: "Mimimi I can't make that much money with other activities!". It seems like you don't want to understand that all these numbers were taken from before the patch (as of 22/08/2018) and most of these numbers included hacking.

On top of that - the seamonsters itself and the "reward" for killing them was and will never be the problem. It still is the payout. If guild payout could be done daily for at max 100m, you'll end up with 700m per week.

2. LightsOut

This is something I have been advocating for a long time now.

And btw, my numbers of (140 mil per hour) are after patch. Tested it myself and I can consistently earn an avg of 140 mil per hour SMH. Yes it requires some practice but once you get the hang of it its pretty boring and easy content.

3. Maginha

Week one payout:
    800 mil - 20% tax = 640m to give
    70% of 640m = 448m payout
    640m - 448m = 192m left
    Week two payout:
    192m - 20% tax = 153.6m to give
    70% of 153.6m = 107.52m payout
    Week 3 payout:
    153.6m - 107.52m = 46.08m left
    46.08m -20% tax = 36.87m to give
    70% of 36.87m = 25.8m payout
    Week 4 payout:
    36.87m - 25.8m = 11.07m
    11.07m - 20% tax = 8.86m
    70% of 8.86m = 6.2m payout

458m + 107.52m + 25.8m + 6.2m = 597.52m for one day

You know how long you been out on that day Salty?
    Need this for h rate and calc the xp/sp books you need to get the same as a gahaz/gyfin grinds in this time.

If my math is fubar, pls tell

I think the pay was a lil bit too high prenerf imo, but now... idk...

#223 Maginha, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  4. LightsOut

Your math is very wrong btw.

1) payouts are given before the 20% tax hits unless your guild master is retarded.
    2) its not 70% payout its 40% of the guild funds.
    3) the guy doesn't get 800 mil, thats his lowest day for the week. He makes an AVG of 1.5 bil per day = 7*1.5 ~= 10 bil per week.

Corrected Math:

Week 1:
    40% of 10 bil = 4 bil mil the first week, 6 bil left.
    6 bil - 20% = 6*0.8 = 4.8 bil left in the guild.

Week 2:
    10 bil earned + 4.8 = 14.8 to distribute.
    40% of 14.8 = 0.4*14.8 = 5.92 bil distributed
    (14.8 - 5.9)*0.8 = 7.1 left

Week 3:
    10 bil + 7.1 bil = 17.1 to distribute
    40% of 17.1 = 0.4 * 17.1 = 6.84 bil distributed
    (17.1 - 6.84)*0.8 = 8.2 left

... Etc.

#224 LightsOut, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Maginha likes this.
  5. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

You people are bashing SMH, if you think its so broken and you can make a lot silver with it. Then i don't get it why your not doing it ? I am pretty much done arguing with people who don't get it that its RNG based like everything else in the game.
    If you don't like it then don't cry about it and do something that you like.

6. LightsOut

If something makes you 90 mil per hour at 100% rate (just the trash drops) and additionally a 50% chance of a 100 mil drop, adding up to 140 mil per hour total, that is not RNG. Its variable steady income of 90 to 200 mil.

7. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

And here comes another one with numbers pull out of there asses, the droprate for 100 mill item from the LARGE sea monsters is 8%, and from a small one its 1.5%, you don't make 90 mill per hour just from trash drop, killing a large sea monster takes around 10-12 min (if your not speedhacking), and the drop from them is around 10 mill, if you get lucky then 15 mill, without the 100 mill item you can never achieve an average of 100 mill/ hour.

8. LightsOut

I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass because, you know, you are not the only one who can sea monster hunt. A candy kill takes me 5 min avg (4 - 6 min), which gets me 13 million in trash loot. I can kill on avg 7 candy's per hour (because I also have to repair the ship and find the next one) which is 91 million silver just from trash loot.

Killing 7 candy's per hour, I make 1 x 100 mil drop every 2 hours which is an avg of 50 mil on top.

Total 90 + 50 = 140 mil per hour averaged.

9. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

You can kill a candi in 5 min with the current changes ? Hmm sounds fishy.

10. LightsOut

Yes I can, easy and consistently.

11. Drakondrius

Could someone get us some number of how much people are making now? like, with a number and print screens that can actually prove that sea hunt is paying?

12. LightsOut

1) No. Why? Because it proves nothing. If I sent you a screenshot with 2 bil payout, you would just say "yeah thats a T10 payout of someone sea monster hunting for 100 hours a week". Maybe. But maybe its a payout of someone with T5 payout who SMH's for 30 hours a week. You can always find a way to disregard any evidence I send.

2) All I've done so far in this thread has been providing evidence of people making multiple billions per week sea monster hunting, even tested it myself for multiple hours (even though I dont enjoy it) and provided undeniable math behind guild payouts, and you guys have kept just saying "this is ********, give more evidence".

Why don't you prove to me that its impossible to make 100+ mil per hour sea monster hunting? Why don't you prove to me that its impossible for sea monster hunter to get 5bil+ payouts per week?

13. OldNewSchool

Ok so, all' I see here is a bunch of haters wanting (god knows the reason behind this) an ingame Activity destroyed. You can make 2+ billions a week doing lifeskills, you can make 2+ billions a week grinding with commitment: all you need is putting time and effort into it, just like smh. Only thing I could see tweaked is the controller thing which I admit looks kind innatural. This kind of toxic and jealous community has ruined in the past and will keep ruining the game in the future. Most of the numbers I see here are totally made up and exagerated. Smh after the nerf is totally on par with many other ingame activities, and if nerfed ulteriourly will just be killed.

14. Drakondrius

Brah you don't have to make a payout, two prints would make it sufficient, one with loot before and after hunt as long as you can prove the results and the time it took you, that is more prove than any chart, "but the RNG will be present", yes but sea hunt is more susceptible to RNG now. I can only see people pointing out this makes this amount a that make that amount, even though no one posted a single link with results(even though there are plenty of online sheets for regular mobs farm), then the other side just against sea hunt just go and mention about a guild that did 2.6 billion payouts, without any information if they were hacking or anything.
    I can talk to my guild mates and organize a small hunt, since we have few ships and show that starters are making 8 million/h. "Oh but you don't have blue gear, and this and that" well, remember that it's a rather new content for several servers, and this nerf came for everyone, so it's only fair to include people that may be losing new content because the nerf was made the wrong way. My point is that right now if you don't have to invest anything on your ship, the pay outs may be making a lot of money, as for people that are starting that will have to spend hundreds of millions to get a decent green gear to farm, the numbers may take months to show results of payback and just to start.
    My concern is ofc my server, not NA servers, but again. The only reason I brought myself to the NA forums is because sea monster hunt is so new at SA that no one can actually make a guild of sea monster hunt yet, maybe 1 or 2 were making some money, and they are not like NA guilds with 100 ships available guilds here may have 20 ships for 100 members.

15. Drakondrius

I may also remember we received a nerf that came from complaints from this forums, so I may as well bring the results of the complaints of this forums to other server ...

16. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

Because it is not ****ing enjoyable for the majority of players that signed up in this game to not play BOATS ONLINE. An MMO has to have comparable income with different activities. SMH is not comparable. Get this in your thick skull....

17. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Eh... I haven't seen that rule anywhere. Pretty sure that doesn't apply in other places. If someone really enjoys the farming lifeskill over grinding at Gahaz, for example, I'm not seeing that as a comparable income.

18. Kharognar

Yes its not comparable . You can make more with grinding / lifeskilling , w/o having to curse sea monsters that bug out / desync / disappear randomly while you hit them , Bug out on your boat ,causing you Epilepsy .Get this in your Thick skull . Just no lifing 2 days @ Gyfin can offer you 750 million in an average group of 25 million / h ,without calculating Belt drops . Lifeskillers are proccing mats flipping the market making more than 2 Billion / week , adding Deliveries , etc just by being iddle . Khalk rotations on Empty servers offer more than 150-200 million / h on high skilled Hunters if done right , if not more , which is an activity that you are using only Left Click / Space . Aiming is not even hard . Soon Manos tools are incoming . Lotus stuff is so much going to net Billions and Billions of networth in Mats that people that Exploited the Fore Chop Bug @ Hunting will be able to take an "ENORMOUS' Advantage . All of these dwarf Sea monster hunting which i repeat for it to be viable it Needs 30 + People doing it Non stop for reaching a decent payout .Plus SMH has already been nerfed . Cannons dont amplify ramm dmg anymore . Their dmg has been nerfed so much on top of it , it's broken . +0 Green cannons deal the same dmg as +7 Blue AP ones . On top of that Ramm got 30 % nerf on top of it's Basic dmg .And do tell me pls . If i go @ Gyfin with a group and let's say we make it a party Concept and everyone passes me all the loot every hour , Just as SMhunters work together for raising their payout . How many Billions i am gonna have until the end of the week ? .

Souldealer likes this.
  19. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

If you are not enjoying it then do something else, and from where the FK Did you get that each part of the game should have equal yield ? Did you just wake up from freaking fairy land and think that everything works the way you like it ? Hell no.

And let me finish this with a quote from you "Get this in your thick skull...."

20. Kharognar

You playing in EU Boya ?