1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$84,000 donation (Charity event)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rinnagans, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Rinnagans

Come on Kakao, so you're telling me that last year you made billion in revenue from pushy sale tactic and you can't even donate more than $84,000 USD? that is like throwing penny at a homeless person and telling them don't worry everything will be ok. Man this company greed know no bound. 100,000,000 Kwon lol....

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

How much have you donated ? Non purchase anything in exchange for donation, direct donation with no return ?

Lillesofie likes this.
  3. Rinnagans

none, I have't donate any.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

same as me, same as lots of big name companies. So 84.000$ > nothing.

Rinnagans likes this.
  5. Rinnagans

I suppose something is better than none. But in the context of amount they donate is rubbing salt on wound. I really wish they would have donate a little bit more, considering most of of their money coming from the players. I honestly would have purchased pearl if it go to a good cause.

6. DKHunt

It's also "MAX" $86000, so if players don't donate in game silver, it could be even lower.
    I bet you whatever they donate will be listed in their expense list as "PR expense", because that's what it is.
    A single Twitch streamer gave more than double the "maximum" amount PA pledged, nevermind the millions donated by individual celebrities. If they really wanted to help, they'd do it like every other business and donate % of every sales they make during a certain amount of time instead, which they won't because the number would have been a crap ton higher than $86000.

Slowwoke and Rinnagans like this.
  7. Rinnagans

Kakao worth $9.45 billions and donate $86000...like I said throwing penny at homeless

8. CozyMan

Yeah, if they said all pearls bought within this hour or something like that, i would of bought dem pearls

9. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Tbh, I applaud them for donating, but i think they went about it the wrong way. Would rather hear from the news or something about the company dropping a large donation while supporting players to donate on top of it. As it is right now, its like they want a pat on the back for not even donating yet and possibly even lowering their donation than the amount said.

Instead of their donation being based on player's spending silver in game, they could create a 1 time pearl shop donation item. 10 bucks for 2 shining adventure boxes, 80% goes to donations. They'd not only gain money on our donations, we'd get our pixel prize, and greatly increase the donation.
    Lets say 5k people dropped 10 bucks, ez 50k, extra 40k on top of their 86k, and they'd get 10k out of it. So they could technically lower their own donation, while increasing the overall donation amount.

Slowwoke and Rinnagans like this.
  10. Rinnagans

If only this were true, but this is Kakao lol

11. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

What I'm kinda curious about though, is it 86k per region or KR, MENA, SA, NA, EU, bdo/bdo mobile all together. If its per region, then thats better than I thought. If its all together, their happy ass should just implement what i was suggesting.

#11 Muhaha, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  12. Rinnagans

All serviced regions of Black Desert Online and Black Desert Mobile will take part in this charity event where up to ₩ 100,000,000 (Korean Won) will be donated to the victims of Australia's Fire and Turkey’s Earthquakes.

From what it read, they say up to, implying that might not be the full amount. And the wording also suggested that 100m go to both causes so I see it as 50m each or idk it really murky the way it is worded

Muhaha likes this.
  13. Ashaara

According to the Event they arent spending any of this money, if you dont waste your hard earned digital coins in a very clever and moral-twisted money sink!!!! So give up all your digital money to safe Australia! The more you waste, the more people are thankful! In hope the crisis is soon over they are going to sing many songs because of those who spend millions of silver to save their houses and those million animals that died.

No srsly. Instead doing that weird thing, just spend money directly to those in need. Thats more efficient and the money actually comes to those people, without the rng factor if people actually spend silver or not lol :)

14. ChoeChoeTrain

Lol Amazon did the same **** and donated 690k usd. F.u.c.k.i.n.g Amazon haha

15. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Well yeah in relation to the money they have it literally is as if most people would donate a single cent and then get a newspaper article about them how generous they are. Even though someone who donates 10 bucks, when he barely safe up 50 bucks a months is a million times more generous. Nobody would care or give a **** about it, since its just 10 bucks. But rich people/companies end up getting attention for donating rather big, but for themself still completely ignoreable amounts.
    Then there is the question, how did the company get to that amount of money in the first place? Too bad working conditions, not paying their employees enough etc etc. Since if you as owner of a company would fairly share your earnings, there would be no way you end up with billions. That is obviously only posssible, because you are not distributing your earnings fairly among your employees. Because you value your idea at 99% and the actual work and maybe even management you gave away to your employees at only 1%. You could also just sell your original product with 20% profit margin instead of 180%, because you might have a monopol at that time. No matter the circumstances the only way to get rich is to stomp on other people, by whatever means.