1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 Quests O'Draxxia No Reward

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Karna5, Oct 7, 2020.

1. LesserHellspawn

Yep, enabling questing to 62 would have been neat.

Kazza, n8uregirl and Jinoro like this.
  2. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Im using Bhegs and Urugons... maybe is that :o

3. Toshiro3D

Don't want to start a new topic so, here is a quick question has anybody been already at thornwood forest and had unpleasant surprise of getting instant kill by some ahib chasers that came up just like that ? I was safely exploring area (while doing main quest) when I saw interesting passage and map showed that no enemies are there I went then instant kill Are there any more things like that ? I really hate things like that, new area can't even see what it looks like because of nonsense like that. Please restrain yourself from any uninformative replies (just ignore that post).

Jinoro likes this.
  4. Rubyvulpa

I stopped at a node manager (the one in that lil grove) midway through the quests to talk, parked, horse got almost immediately killed by the chasers.
    Fighting them off of it was bad idea, almost got killed as well but at least I got aggro to drag them away. With the Tuvala gear it wasn't quite a oneshot but pretty close - luckily if you survive the first hit they can well be kited and seemed to lose aggro pretty fast.

Passing through thornwood goes like;
    [​IMG]

Furlozza, Graugus, Jgapon and 2 others like this.
  5. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Yes, as i said in my first post in this thread, me and my party walked into those ahib yesterday. They are invisible (and dont appear in the minimap) and they attack inside the road (so, u are in danger just being close to the place that they are supposed to be, unknown since they are invisible).
    They use dash and stun as the opening attack. I losed 3500 hp in less of a second and i didnt die because they focused into my friend first (got instakilled) before coming to me and i got time to recover from the stun.
    Btw, i also hate not being able to even see the new area.

Your horse saved you, since he soaked the opening attack :S

#25 Jinoro, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Thugarin, Karna5 and Toshiro3D like this.
  6. Toshiro3D

Thank you very much for replies, feeling much better now. I guess I have to do it Forest Gump style, thanks

Karna5, Rubyvulpa and Jinoro like this.
  7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Its more about unlocking the caphras journal and more knowledge (energy)...

But I do agree the quests in this recent addition were rather lack luster all around.

8. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

It really isn't. I say it's more of a 260 AP 340 DP area. I took my character that I can clear Stars End without much issues in there. And people, it was one of the sweatiest experiences I had in this game. These guys in Thornforest took away 75% of my health in a flash. Mind you I might go through 5 health pots at Star's End in a hour of grinding there.

I feel like we was lied to about the requirements of this spot. Honestly Pearl Abyss would do themselves a favor to up the listed requirement for this zone. And earlier today I watched two 650+ GS streamers constantly nearly getting wrecked in the 270 DUO zone there.

Karna5 and Jinoro like this.
  9. IWalkAlone

That sound good.BDO needs serious party PvE content when people should not just press one button and kill all mobs.But we know how it will end.People will start to complain that mobs are too hard and gear too low...
    And then come to my mind the stupid AI mechanic of Rifts - the most challenging PvE in the game...I gues there wont be any PvE challenge.

10. Rubyvulpa

There's lotsa stuff they should fix or smoothen out regarding quests but...

It's kind of understandable you need to complete the Kama questline for the O'dyllita one, the stories connect (at least, the new revamped story).
    They haven't been too secretive about this revamp seeing the content drought of the past half year.
    I have run through both old & new quests 8 times? And to those who are used to the old one; the new one goes by much quicker even though it is a full 90 quests. If the focus is just having things completed, I understand the frustration; been there, gone through that.
    But if you enjoy the story experience having kama fresh in memory is not a bad thing.

Just know there's no hurry to complete them, there aren't any great rewards you are missing out on if you can't run them on day 1, just a bit of knowledge locked behind it. If you just want to sightsee, can recommend doing the Event Rulupee questline - and leave the main one for when you have the time and motivation to deal with it~

Jinoro likes this.
  11. Ashrala

Archer's are mostly range and I maintain my rotation so that I can time my attacks well enough (I only have 298 DP) to avoid damage most of the time. I did get hit a few times, but not to the point where I lost control of my character's HP. But I have played Guardian, so I know that despite it being a little on the tanky side, but you should be able dodge enough to avoid hasty hits.

In my opinion O'dyllia is meant to be an endgame area so I'm not going to find it odd that I can't make it through this area without some difficulty. Before they revamped the main Kama questline (I am referring to the first version of the quest) it was actually a lot worse going through that then is was for O'dyllia. As such I have maintained the mindset of going into new areas expecting that everything will possibly be stronger then me. Personally I enjoy a challenge, keeps me from being too lazy in the game.
    zzz

#31 Ashrala, Oct 8, 2020
  12. Prowly

Yes yes, casuals, complain!

13. Karna5

Thanks for the reply, Ashrala, but I'm also curious if it bothered you that there was no experience at all from the monsters nor the quests. I'm actually puzzled by the experience mechanism and don't really understand why easier monsters and quests give experience while harder ones (for our level) give nothing at all. Obviously I still succeeded at the quests (with effort). It's just the lack of rewards that bothered me, well, that and the fact high level non-quest monsters in some areas had such big aggro range they attacked while we were talking to quest givers.

14. chendu

You also get 2 line worth of storage 2 space for "workers" stable and 1 for wharf when you finish the 92 quests of O'dylitia
    Yeah the quest are difficult but there not really meant for player that just came out of season (the lowest area being 250ap)
    Personally I enjoyed the journey (It's been a while bdo didn't feel like a non paying job), thornwood forest seems nice and I must confess I stopped to grind a little there to see how it went, and unless you take a big cc it's nice

15. frumps

Are you saying that you did not get the Tears of the Wind necklace?

[​IMG]

16. Ashrala

No, it does not bother me at all, because generally speaking not many of the later main questlines give out a lot of combat EXP to begin with. That is given out by other quests that you can pick up around the area and all over the world. Also, at some point in time in the past, they have tweaked some quests to provide better EXP rewards. Besides, if everything was given out too easily all at once in a game that was endgame content it would all blow up into that content being eaten too fast (and we eat through it fast enough as it is) or the MP being even more inflated then it already is.

Obviously no huge content patch is perfect, and obviously the monsters attacking you while trying to pick up a quest will most likely get addressed at some point, but that will be an easy fix. But there are already so many areas spread out for grinding EXP and these areas in O'dyllia drop new items just as Star's End does and are not very much focused on providing EXP from the mobs themselves it seems. But again, this does not bother me. I've played MMOs too long to be bothered by much and I have seen far more outrageous things happen then to be bothered by the lack of a new EXP crunch. We are also getting a lot of good attendance rewards (in loyalty anyway) with the release of this content, so I'm not complaining. We kind of get spoiled a lot as it is.

Fearless V, Jinoro and Karna5 like this.
  17. Karna5

Hi, Frumps. The necklace in question would have been fine rewarded to a level 56 or 57 character. By level 60 or 61 every piece of gear on the character is TRI yellow or better. That necklace does not belong as a reward level 60+ at all. It doesn't make sense. It's not a reward. It's neither sellable nor usable. It's as useless as the pack full of potions I now have from this quest chain.

P.S. And I noticed some people talk about season characters. I didn't get the benefit of season gear. My character is more than 3000 hours old and got everything through very, very long grind and questing. My three TET items I got mostly from doing countless rift bosses and selling the loot or sometimes upgrading then selling.

P.P.S. Anyway, those who attack people for being new or just out of Season (of which I'm neither) are skirting the issue of whether it's okay to have monsters and quests give no XP or loot. Some people think that's okay, and I'm totally cool with that. I don't think it's okay, but I still love the game :)

#37 Karna5, Oct 8, 2020
  18. Nutter22

Ok. Have to be honest I loved the new area and by the look of things there are a stack of dailies with additional combat exp but as I only finished today I don't know how good those will be.

In my opinion the main story quests which are most repeatable are the Valencia quests solely because they give fail stacks. Personally I find it strange that The Valenica quests give plenty of FS but no other main quests do. As a result I've played through the Valencia main quests with all 21 characters but only completed Dreighan and Kami about 3 times each.

FS and better rewards should always be part of all main quests then more people would do them on all characters.

But overall. I liked it a lot and didn't find it too difficult. But I do agree better rewards = more chance of replayability.

19. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

its just simple questing .. stop asking for free crap. you got the 10ap neck right?
    free neck for an alt

its basic quest shouldnt give much if anything
    lol ni their reply to me they wanted 10% exp from the quest line.. .lololol
    and when you have been around as long as me and u we both know its not really the rewards its the stupid quest designs that stops people from questing. oh run here run 5793070359miles the other way get one line of story run back. no do it 5 time more for other npcs next to that one.
    if you dont like the rewards or the quests dont do them .
    plus they got the free neck right?

20. MADE

What would be the reason to do the quest if it not gives anything anyway? Like i don't have anything else to do with my time, than doing quests for no reason (ie:reward).