1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 Quests O'Draxxia No Reward

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Karna5, Oct 7, 2020.

1. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

That is not a reward because almost every player able to do the quest line already has better. Also please note it does not even have a silver value.

Fearless V, ODB3698 and Karna5 like this.
  2. frumps

It is actually very useful considering that you can equip it on a newly created season character and Tuvala gear only becomes better when you hit pen.

If you don't plan to make any season characters ever, then I could see how it would be useless, and if you also don't have alts, but it is certainly not useless to everyone and probably the majority.

3. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Its trash since a TRI Tuvala necklace has already the same AP, and from there just go higher. And u dont need 19 AP on alts... and if u do, u already have another better, since again, a +19 AP necklace is trivial to have.

4. Graugus

I agree with what you said, I’m thinking more along the lines of currency rewards for future content since this is already active to push people to have an incentive of wanting to complete quest lines for basic, mediocre and advanced rewards such as necklaces and fail stacks.

It’s just basic incentives they need to give to everyone since the biggest population of people playing affected are end game and long term players such as you and myself.

5. Andaro

Ambassador

I imagine that it is probably a very difficult task to determine what kind of reward should be on a quest line because while on one hand you want to give a good reward that makes the player feel that they have accomplished something you also don't want to provide an avenue to cheaters who would attempt to rerun quests just for the sake of getting multiple rewards and abusing the quest line which we have already previously seen in the Valencia one quest line.

This is one of the reasons why I've never been too fond of direct currencies or extremely rare items being ascertained from quests that are not one time only. The problem with the main storyline quest is that it is a once per character quest which allows it to be reran.

This is where I think that unique items featuring vanity, housing decor, special items that you can't get anywhere else including the cash shop, family bonuses that go away if you delete the character, and other types of similar rewards seem most appropriate.

Just my opinion....

6. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

tbh, you need to be lvl 60, and complete the entire storyline before to even be able to start this questline, so it would be very hard to exploit this for gains even if you would get over 400m for one playtrough, since doing all the other quests would already waste so much time you are much better of doing other activities for gains.

the quest was fun, didnt look at xp since im lvl 64 so no point really. did't know the mobs where that hard with lower gear, and sure that sucks, however they went trough the trouble of making weaker turos and weaker thornwood mobs just so everyone can finish the quests so we can all take a minute to appreciate that aswell. almost got tricked into killing crypt of resting thoughts mobs because the main quest guy also gave dailies for those. thats a jerk move of PA.
    That necklace is a bit low for the requirements indeed and the general reward is lower then that of the serendia/calpheon story so they should buff it a bit in my opinion.

7. LesserHellspawn

Um, that is hardly cheating but by design. If PA didn't want that, they could have simply made all mainquests family quests. And it's pretty certainly no oversight either.

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. Andaro

Ambassador

Being able to run the quest on another character is by design, and intended. If the quests were made family based, then only one character could run the story. The act of creating and deleting multiple characters continously with the intention of taking advantage of that mechanic is an abuse of original intended design. With that said, I do agree that the developers are ultimately responsible for taking such things into account, however that does not alleviate the other party of any responsibilities either, nor does that prevent fascilitation of improving design to prevent abuse.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. frumps

It is better than tri tuvala necklace and you can equip it as soon as you finish making your character, allowing you to do all the all the main story quests without having to spend to make yet another pen tuvala accessory that you don't really need unless you want to pvp.

It is so much more affordable to equip boss alts with these necklaces and a little extra damage will make negligible differences in loot.

It definitely has its advantages.

Furlozza likes this.
  10. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

LOL, when has the accessory reward ever made sense in this game? I just redid the Kama quest, (thanks PA...for "content") and the earring they gave me was lower than a TRI witch. And even having TRI witches felt weak when I did the original Kama content on release a few years back. These devs don't seem to play their own game.

Karna5, MoonDance17 and MADE like this.
  11. Graugus

I think adding 100k gold per family/1 time quest is not a bad thing to implement. Honestly it would give me a clear incentive to wanna do 30,000 quests in the game fo another long term completion goal.

I personally like doing all my quest on one character.

12. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i mean it gave the neck did it not.. thats plenty for what the quest rewards and its one time quest so it counts towards 30k. 90
    do it for each of ur characters and thats like 1800 or so more quests towards 30k

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Ever heard of ground hog day?

Jinoro and Karna5 like this.
  14. frumps

Of course every reward won't be of use to you when you chose to limit yourself to one character and refuse to take advantage of season benefits.

Because of this necklace, I will never have to make a Pen Tuvala neckpiece to reap all the season rewards.

rebelhawk and Furlozza like this.
  15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You think you know how I play the game huh? I have nineteen characters all of them at sixty or higher bar one sub fifty alt lol. I have not and will not ever have a season character.

Karna5 likes this.
  16. Ashrala

B-b-b-but you missed out on all the cute emotes from last season then! :O

Jinoro likes this.
  17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I do not want and would not ever use any of those twee emotes.

Karna5 likes this.
  18. ODB3698

I can't help but agree. The combination of not providing any worthwhile reward for any of the main quests ...while simultaneously holding the rewards for the web code hostage to completing these main quests...while also preventing being able to gain knowledge of the majority of npcs in the new zone until completing the main quests...that they won't provide rewards for...is ugly. Not really sure what they are trying to accomplish by trying to force/pressure their customers into doing main quests with the opportunity costs of not doing things that do actually provide progress/rewards. This is a very transactional game. Everything is about doing things that make progress...whether it be silver gains, level gains, enhancement gains, etc. This is their obvious intentional design, to push us into their transactional cash shop to increase the likelihood of these gains. The fact that they feel they need to coerce us into doing main quests speaks volumes about the lack luster rewards for these main quests. To be clear, I'm not saying there were zero rewards or that we should be showered with upgrades for doing main quests. What I am saying is that 90 quests was not an insignificant amount of time spent. Zero xp gains, by itself, for that game time spent was not appreciated. These white knight sycophants here are crazy btw lol, by your logic, there would never be any of the necessary feedback to improve any product. You do realize that is the primary function of any product forums right? If they just wanted to relay information to us, they would just have a website with no forums. Just another nugget of wisdom, The main point here was not difficulty, it was the overall experience. The quests were actually decent. The story in the quests wasn't bad. The issue just like I said earlier, was in the nature of this game and its transactional rewards. That is the expectation set by the developers. That is still, to this very moment, the way progress works in this game...time is silver/xp/etc. Personally, I'm somewhat of a completionist, so I probably would have done the main quests at some point anyway. I just didn't like the obvious coercion involved in locking the overwhelming majority of npc knowledge and web redeem code rewards, behind the quests that they knew people would probably have skipped due to lack of rewards.

#58 ODB3698, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Karna5 and Jinoro like this.
  19. Prowly

"Sandbox game where you do whatever the hell we want, f your fun!"

20. Aysnvaust

The hardest part in this questline for me was that 4 minute run. Did it on foot the first try and time went off just as I started speaking to the dude.
    Had to do it again on the horse.

The mobs in the questline all were pretty easy for me (shai here with not top notch, but decent gear).

Overall the new region and the attached questline get's a solid 6 out of 10 from me. Thornwood I liked the most, cool area with cool score.
    Main city was pretty meh to me. Interesting, but nothing yawdropping or making me want to stay and explore.

Story was a mess. Bad writing imho on many aspects. Partially really hard to follow (lots of names - who was that again? - and events that made no sense to me.) The relationship with that female "companion" (don't want to spoil too much, so keeping it somewhat vague here) wasn't flashed out at all, and still I am supposed to be super close friends with her (according to some dialogues later in the story). I couldn't buy that.

Also - cliffhanger at the end, and by that I mean one of those weak cliffhangers that make you think the writers lost interest towards the end.

Rewards also nothing to write home about - okeyish I would say. Hashtag gieve wolfmount (the one I had to fight in that arena) That would have been supercool. But what can you expect from devs who even fail in coming up with a decent shai only donkey...
    Of course the value of the rewards depends on the things you already own, so no surprise they didn't make me dance with joy.

NPC dialogues / knowledge gated behind the mainquest made absolutely no sense and p*ssed me off.

I don't think I will return on a regular base. But thanks for all the fish.

Kazza and Karna5 like this.