1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A big suggestion: Strict PvP to PvP servers!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angel91, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Angel91

I'm sick and tired of those people who karma farm/grief from other players, ruins the game experience a lot! We need pve servers where the pve players don't have to bother with pvp players on the roads.

I've been supporting this game since launch, but i'm getting tired of this pvp stuff...
    I work all day long, I come home, want to play a bit, and the first thing i get is an egocentric little kid, who kills me 10 times on the road cuz he's karma farming or whatever, i don't care about pvp, never did, and i don't want to bother with these things.

So long story short, We need pve servers, where is absolutely no way to kill other players.

[​IMG]

2. Zycrus

1. no
    2. wtf is karma farm
    3. Why would you run on a road 10x if you know there is someone waiting? Doesn’t seem like the brightest move to me
    4. Big part of this game is pvp. If you can’t even deal with avoidable pvp, what are you even doing
    5. Assuming only little kids enjoy pvp is a bit entitled. Lots of people I know that play this game only because of the pvp have actually good jobs, families, .... just requires a bit of time management a lot of people lack completely.
    6. Most of you crying people seem to look and provoke situations like this every minute you play. I barely witness pointless pvp at life skill locations or roads. It is all about how you act yourself. Repeatedly disturbing others others while gathering for example, instead of trying to find routes where everyone is ok, might end up in you getting pked. Just a game, and like you said, you are annoyed by people griefing you. 95% of the times the people crying are actually the ones griefing because they feel entitled to everything.

Should I keep going?
    Just learn to play, maybe accept that you are not the only one trying to enjoy the game and act like it and you will be fine

3. elynia01

if u support this game from the start .. and u still dont have the gear to defend urself ?? WTF have u been doing the past 3 years ????

4. elynia01

SIGNED !! couldnt agree more with u

Hangfire and Falconrye like this.
  5. Mikroman

Upgrade gear in gamble-forced RNG enchant is not fun for many players. Or he/she blowed up 1000 hours of game time (and income) in some minutes in this process. GG WP!

2. using karma seeds in your fences than gather karma: :)
    4. nope. Big part of the game is PvE or life skill to get enougfh money to blow up in gamble. PvP is not real content for many players after last dozens of p2w patches. So... what are you doing? PvE farming, exploration, Energy-contribution farming/questing, life skills...

No pvp rule is not real option, but 1-2 "PvE only" channels should be player friendly maybe.

#5 Mikroman, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    VasilisD, Shastalya and Solitaire like this.
  6. Tiffyshade

If you play for 3 years you can just buy it when enhancing is so mean to you. When you keep in mind, that failure means failstack, and failstack means Tet Accesoiires it makes the pain less hard when your tet attempt gear goes to pro the fourth time

elynia01 likes this.
  7. Zycrus

Not even relevant, considering he avoids pvp completely (and btw, there is no such thing as not making progress for 3 years. Unless you are insanely stupid or don’t play the game. You can even avoid rng completely. And the amount of events with free stuff is already enough to get you to softcap in 1 year+-). The fact that he tries to force his way of playing on everyone and assuming that is what everyone wants because of the reasons he stated is the real issue.

PVE only servers might be ok, but not for the reasons he claims. And in my opinion pve only would only provide an easier way to grief and be annoying to others

#7 Zycrus, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  8. Noctemis

If you dont like to be griefed in a PVE server, just move to a normal server.

Theres people that only want to farm, because he enjoys mindless farming and dont have troubles to share a spot with another guy and hey, they can do "Rock, Scissors, paper for spot" if they dont want to share the spot, and the same randomness than CCs in PVP, but, all can win or lose :p

Overall, 1-2 channels for just only PVE probably be ok. Lifeskillers could do their shits afk without using a low lvl alt and PVE players can farm without being killed by trolls or edgelords that thinks they are the law.

And no, BDO isnt a PVP game, you cant say that when all the matches depends of the gear, , the class, your fps, your ping and in the end your skill as player, and dont forget the shitty servers and the random CC inmunities.

VasilisD, RustyNail and Solitaire like this.
  9. nyn idc

- what is karma farm/grief? The only possible way of a grief is here to use this system against the "pvp'er"
    - you get killed by pvp'ers on the road? I play that game since start each day. I ride allways afk from one town to the other. Do i got killed yet? Yes! Do i got killed by randoms that just did some random pvp? Yes - how often was that? Maybe 4 times in 3 years daily played. I ofc got killed by WAR guilds but even this is not a 100% thing.. some let u afk ride some not... i think u make up a problem here that is not even a thing. I now several ppl that play since 3 years and that would get considered as "hardcore-players" but i never heard about anything similar of what you descripe as a daily thing.
    - That you work all day long has nothing to do with bdo. That is just your problem. Not that of the ppl that can invest more time in this game. I work too and i dont cry. Thats how other games are aswell.. if u can play 14h / day CS or LoL you should be there get an unfair advantage too just bcs of more experience.
    - if you dont want to bother with pvp then this game is just the wrong game. Its an aspect of BDO as MMO. The pvp ppl need to do pve too and i guess not all of them want to do it.. but they need it.

Would it be a good idea to have pve servers? yea well if its only 1-2 yes maybe so i dont need to read these QQ-Comments all the time.
    Would that server be good for pve players? Nop it would not achieve the goal you want. Free grind is not a thing there..
    And ontop you should have a penality for less risks you take. So a -10 dropchance would be a good thing.
    And another thing is the crate transports.. that would need to get blocked on these pve servers.

Its not easy to bring a pve only server. That server would be a big mess in my opinion.

To the ppl that allways say this is not a pvp game... you are wrong. This is an MMORPG - its not a singleplayer game nor a shooter. The whole system is build to work for the goal of achieve a region. The pvp aspect was intentionally even bigger then it is these days. We have already a TAX system that was designed for winning guilds to TAX the region.
    MMO = pve to get gear for a.) raids (pve mmo) b.) for pvp (pvp mmo). What kind of raids do you see in bdo? Its clearly a PvP driven game.

10. Kanimae

I don't think you know what the the world entitled means. In this context it makes exactly zero sense.

11. Waifu_Hunter

only reason this would happen is if horse trainers and house decorators and rng box buyers are in fact the biggest revenue source, but PA have gone back on every promise they've ever made so I don't see why they wouldn't just throw the "pvx" idea in the trash altogether and make this game Archeage

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i mean they genuinely believe they would share rotations which might work till a high ap musa shows up and just takes the whole spot without any risk or counterplay

Ardains, choovanski, JM and 1 other person like this.
  13. Auxey

Does that poorly made gif at the end have any significance?
    Anyway pvp only on pvp servers would kill the game entirely.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  14. Foo

Foo

i don't think people would understand how massively pve servers would effect the game go play world of warcraft or something

choovanski, Vunak, Falconrye and 2 others like this.
  15. Jexz

isn't that the way it is now with the bull **** karma system?

16. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I'd welcome it, but to a point.

imo,
    We should have near half the servers like Arsha but with no negative effects for dying to people or mobs. (keep the loot buff) ~ pretty much becomes normal servers

Do the same with 'normal' servers, have them with a karma system, but implement a bounty system with a payout based on a player's kills & karma. With a leader board for most kills/worst karma, once killed you lose all your kills and karma resets but you're fined by the territory npc that pays it out, something small like 500k-10m. (npcs wont talk to you, can only access your silver from the market place/storage, and npcs will buy loot at half price, if not paid.) but the territory npc can pay out 1-20m. (add arsha loot buff, no black robe guy, no gem or exp loss, still have to flag even if they're red, especially if most people end up red) ~ would turn into an encouraged pvp servers

Then just have only a few 'Hardcore' servers where if you go red or even killed while flagged, you can lose gems, exp, and have a chance at dropping something from your inventory. Bounty system also on this channel, and shows where they are on your map. (processing, fishing, mount exp buff, flagging/pvp is only active for lvl 60+) ~ damn near pve servers
    ^
    just a rough idea, but i'd like something like this just a lil more polished.

#16 Muhaha, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Chaos Ronin and Jexz like this.
  17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

This BS again...

Can we...restrict non-pvpers who come to an open world PVP game to cry that PVP shouldn't exist to other games? Like OP.

Souda, choovanski, Falconrye and 5 others like this.
  18. Photobossman

I do not do PVP unless attacked then I do PVP sometimes I kill them some times I die sometimes but will continue to fight as long as they are flagged up. You get over the deaths then its no big deal. Yes there are trolls out there that like to kill AFK players which I dont understand how they have fun killing an AFK player & Mounts I think the karma loss needs to be greater if they kill a Mount and the Karma recovery should be scaled based on how much Griefing they do and how many times they run below the karma limit

Hangfire likes this.
  19. AngeliCaos

AngeliCaos Angelicaos DarkKnight 57 NA

An idea is to have 1 server 100% PVE, same as Arsha Server that is 100% PVP. That way i think complains will be reduced as there will be 1 free of PVP server so if you don't want to be PKed move on that server and no more PKed

Arwres likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

sure, if they put -80% life exp on it, -50% combat exp on it and -50% drop rate on it. also, switch timer from it to normal servers should be at least 24 hours.

or, if people dont want penalties for pvp free environment, then it should totally separated from other servers.