1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A big suggestion: Strict PvP to PvP servers!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angel91, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Findubar

Think about it, that would be a slippery slope. If they add how you say, 2 stricly pve channels, i'd wager over 50% of the population will only play there and overcrowd the grind spots to an extreme degree, resulting in the carebears asking for more stricly pve channels until fewer and fewer regular channels remain. It won't be fun for you, since there are 10 people in the same grind spot and it won't be fun for pkers since there is no1 left to kill and it won't be fun for opportunistic pkers since there is also no1 to kill.
    Unless the game gets completely changed on how grind spots work they won't be able to add strict pve channels. *not that changing how grind spots work would be a bad ideea, god knows its trash tier right now*

flukeSG2, PeaceInChaos and Kauni like this.
  2. Juuken

We already had most of this several times, and I already answered it several times. But, sure, why not again? I'll mix it up a bit, just for the fun. Here we go ...
    • If people would ask for more and more PvE channels, that wouldn't mean they will get them. See Arsha as example.
    • If people would get more PvE channels, there would be a reason for it, which could only be "bottom line". Meaning, PvE servers would be a huge success, that nets PA a LOT more money than the current system. If that was the case, sure, go ahead, plaster the game with PvE servers! I'm sure, die hard PvP fans will find together on some PvP servers and can have their fun. Except ...
    • ... they probably won't, because it is my believe, that most of them are not really interested in fair fights, but rather target rich environments. Enter the "carebear".
    • The "carebear", in the system now, will avoid PvP as often as he or she can, or try to use the system against PvPers. Meaning: switching places, switching channels, logging out, quitting the game, using tears, letting attackers karma bomb themselves, hit and run, blocking, counter rotating, etc. Things you see complains about on a regular basis by PvPers, that ... don't get their target rich environment the way they imagine it ... There is no fun in fighting people who don't want to PvP, unless the attacking PvPer just likes to troll, in which case he should be deprived of that fun, tbh. And no, I'm not even going to explain why. That's self-evident.
    • Since there is no fun in that, it doesn't matter where the non-willing PvE players are situated at. Be it: on another spot, on another channel, offline, on a PvE server. All the same result. The player isn't there, thus cannot be killed, thus isn't available for the amusement of the PvPer. On the other hand, if those PvEers choose to let the PvPers karma bomb themselves, and bereft them of their beloved "efficiency", that isn't fun either for the PvPer, since he constantly feels the need to take care of the PvEer.
    • If the PvPer however decides, it isn't worth it, and instead grinds alongside the PvEer, well, then we have the same situation as on a PvE server, which, according to some people here, would lead to the downfall of the entire game, if not Ragnarök ...
    • Overfarmed regions wouldn't be your (a PvPers) problem, but ours (PvEers). What do you care? You still would have your grindspots with owPvP. Do you see PvEers come along and argue against Arsha, with something like: "Oh, no, we shouldn't have Arsha, because, you know, there is no karma system there, which leads to players constantly and endlessly fighting over grind spots, thus generating fewer and fewer new items."? Do you see some such nonsense? What do we (PvEers) care? People wish for Arsha? People should get their Arsha. They have to sort their problems out themselves. Not our beer.

#182 Juuken, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Asking for PvE channels in BDO is like asking people in the gym to stop working out because they want to chill on their phone in peace...

flukeSG2 likes this.
  4. Juuken

No. It's like asking for being able to buy a protein shake in the gym.

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Na... more like a steak in a vegan restaurant.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. Findubar

But then again what you're suggesting would inevitably kill the standard channels where pking is possible. You already know you can avoid pvp and that a strict pve channel would not make things better. The better way would be to make grinding in parties a lot more rewarding than grinding alone. Only at that point could you make the argument for a pve only channel since parties would have to fight other parties in a standard server.
    A thing that would also lead to the same situation that was before. But at least its a step in the right direction.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Imagine actually being able to find someone who wants to PK you in this dead game... I was running yesterday for like 3 hours and didn't find anyone to fight outside of Arsha :-(

@ all PvE "player"... you do know that grinding and gearing up is actually made to PvP in the end, right? There is no PvE content in the end, just saying. Different areas and different skins on the mobs but same trash over and over again :-)
    So what's the master plan? Grind full solo mode in a MMO untill full pen c20 and then go NWs and siege? :-)))))

Findubar likes this.
  8. Juuken

Yes, a vegan steak.

Would it kill them? Well, if you believe some PvPers here, there are myriads of them. So, they will always be enough.

Creating more incentive for groups is another point I can concur with. However, that's also another topic.

9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Na, some really juicy meat steak.
    Want PvE? Monster Hunt Online or whatever it's called. Pure PvE. Diablo3, PoE etc... ez brainless grind, no PKs.

flukeSG2 and PeaceInChaos like this.
  10. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

I get the impression OP was PK'd once and found it so traumatizing he is now aiming for professional victim status.

11. Juuken

Bold claim. End game is what you make out of it. You don't get to decide what I enjoy. Already said, some people are just content with leveling up, getting better gear, killing harder mobs. Plenty of that in the game.
    I want BDO, with PvE server option. So, ... no.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Harder mobs? There are no harder mobs, what are you talking about? Did you even grind in the high end areas? Besides the fact that nobody will ever bother you there anyway... the mobs are not hard. You require more AP/DP to grind in these areas but what is the point? Because they have a different skin and look different? Cause... they do not have any challenging mechanics or anything, you know that?

TL;DR
    Because YOU want to grind solo 100% in peace instead of 99,9% they have to kill the economy and the rest of the already dead game, they shall implement pure PvE servers now?

Edit: Btw if you want to play solo anyway, just play on an empty private server. Nobody will bother you there and you can run your circles solo as much as you want.

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  13. Juuken

I repeat: You don't get to decide what I enjoy.

If this game is "already dead", as you write, it wouldn't make any difference, ... right? Besides, I already explained how PvE servers wouldn't affect the economy of this game negatively.

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I don't. But so don't you decide what I enjoy and other people. You bought the game and you knew what it was about. Stop making dumb suggestions if you don't even bother think of the consequences.
    You had full info what the game was about, why did you buy it if you don't like that features?

Your explanation is irrelevant because your assumption is false.
    Just go on an empty private server if you want to play BDO solo PvE. Don't want solo? Take few friends with you.

NoisyBoy and Motoko_Shi like this.
  15. Juuken

Well, here is the thing ... I didn't.

Seing how you have nothing of value to add, and only try to provoke with weak statements, while repeating yourself ad nauseam, without reading up on things, I'll just go ahead and put you on my ignore list now. Welcome number 4.

Have a nice day!

16. Findubar

EWWWWW vegan steaks.
    Well it kinda would kill owpvp. And honestly that's the only thing that keeps you awake during grinding.
    The problem is not pk-ing, but how the zones are created and how you're supposed to grind in them. A major redesign of pve content would improve this game's quality by a lot. Because honestly, pve channels would be like mopping without first using a vacuum cleaner.

17. Juuken

Right?

I dunno. I think these are different topics altogether. More group incentive and content, yes please, but that wouldn't change the fact PvEers still don't like to be forced into PvP. Now, you could say, with such a change this wouldn't happen as often, but still it would happen sometimes, which is enough to be annoying. Besides, even if it doesn't happen as often, that would be almost the same result as on a PvE server, which would make being against a PvE server doubly absurd.

18. Graugus

I feel your pain on this man, but it sounds like you need to get in a guild that will have your back while fighting griefers. There will always be people like this LoLing and doing **** like this until they know you can hit as hard as they do.

19. Findubar

I don't think it is, how pk ing works is directly tied in with the pve in the current system. Disabling it just makes the whole experience exponentially worse imo.

Pretty much, afaik from my entire clan i'm the only one who always flags up and tries to pk, be it successful or not. Not that i care either way.

Motoko_Shi and Kauni like this.
  20. Beamspark

Beamspark Kunoichi 63 EU

WTF Pvers trying ruining the game.

flukeSG2, PeaceInChaos and Kauni like this.