1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response A corrupted file has been detected..

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Srkr, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Shai NA

Wierd.....I've played since late 2016/17 and I've never been unable to either login or patch the game from AU. I don't really get what would be causing this for you, there's at least 5 aussies in my guild and we can all play/patch just fine. Are you east or west coast out of interest?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. ZhenZhen

I've been using West coast servers to connect to the game as you need a VPN to play BDO anyway from Australia but the ones like battleping, WTFast and Mudfish no longer allow me to connect without that stupid error showing up probably because they don't fully mask your IP. As soon as I use express VPN to connect to the west coast fully masking my IP I have 0 issues.

I think my ISP recently changed my IP so maybe that could be the issue. If it is, how would I go about resolving it so I can connect normally again?

3. Tokigare

So you connected to NA servers via West Coast USA servers (vpn?) or you routed out via West Coast AU? Anyway Im in Tas, I just straight connect and get between 180-220ms.

4. ZhenZhen

I've always connected from Aus to US west coast through a vpn but it really depends on the server. Sometimes some of them have higher latency at certain times so I change it up. I've had no issues since the launch of this game until now.

I can connect fine now but I have to use Express VPN just so I can download the damn patches....never had to before. I didn't even need to start up the vpn if I needed to download a patch.

5. Tokigare

afaik the servers are closer to the US East Coast (even after they moved a couple of years ago), so you're prolly adding hops, but anyway up to you with that.
    As far as the real issue of why you have to use a VPN to even download a patch? No idea, AU hasn't been blocked so I don't get why that's happening. Sorry I am not much help.

6. Srkr

OP here, the patch today fixed it for me after not being able to play for a week. Didn't need a vpn or anything else

7. ZhenZhen

Mudfish tells you what nodes give you the lowest latency and they're all west coast nodes. :| Anyway seems to be fixed now. Don't need to use a vpn anymore. They must have done something.

8. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hi there peeps!

I can confirm that there's not such a thing as a region block. If you're seeing an alert that says "country restricted" you might need your IP whitelisted, or you might be using a client from a different version of the game than EU/NA.

If you're having problems downloading the patch, that's on connection issues due to the major distance to our servers. We do offer assistance to improve your connection and ability to reach our servers. These two articles should help:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/...edure-How-to-flush-your-DNS-reset-your-TCP-IP
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000280249--Procedure-How-to-change-your-DNS

Also, your Antivirus might be blocking the proper downloading of files. Check that out as well!

If you need further assistance with your connection, or you're seeing the "country restricted" alert, send a ticket so we can help you ^_^