1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Farewell to Gula

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by RamblingRose, Jun 2, 2019.

1. RamblingRose

This has been quite the journey.

I started playing BDO at launch and was immediately impressed with horse training. At that time we did not know where horses spawned and what skins they were. Nor did we know what would happen when we bred those horses we caught in the wild. Many things have changed since those times to make this profession easier, but in retrospect, I would not have changed much in my horse training journey to this date.

Today I awakened a T8c of mine to Doom. I now have all three T9s and all came from horses I bred back when there were only T1s and T2s in the wild. I consider that my highest achievement in this video game.

For those wondering how long it took to awaken – and I have many times objected here on the forums the method that was chose to get T9s as I feel it is just too rng dependent and has very little to do with the horse training profession, I got a total of 6 T9s here are my results:

Unicorn (almost when they first came out and did not have the desert buff) 8 fs. I still love that horse since it was my first t9 and very rare at that time.

Pegasus 1 – 27 fs

Pegasus 2 – 3 fs. Had the worst stats of all peggys and I ended up selling her to imperial vendor and bough Vell’s Heart with the proceeds.

Pegasus 3 – 13 fs

Pegasus 4 – 27 or 28 fs, can’t remember.

Doom – 23 fs. Today.

My own results, just gut feelings, make me feel that the awakened rate is closet to 5% rather than 1%. My heart aches for those who have persevered and gotten their horse after 50 fs or so. These people deserve all our support, I am not sure I could have continued past 30 honestly. ♥ Hats off! This system to get a T9 has always been unfair.

I think Pearl Abyss devs have done an amazing job with the horses. They are just beautiful and far nicer than any I have encountered in other MMOs. I wish that I did not feel they had their skill learning abilities nerfed in order to increase skill change coupon sales, but that is the world of finance and you have to support the game somehow. But it still makes me sad. The free T8s also effectively destroyed the horse market.

The people who were initially involved in the Horse Community are some of the best people I have met ingame. Love you all and you know who you are! We were all lucky enough to learn and discover horses when things were fresh and new and getting an unusual horse skin was a thrill in itself. I can still remember the first T8e and how I got one of the first T8Ds who turned into a complete potato sadly.

To those of you who are starting this profession, I encourage you to breed your own horses and get your very own T9 from your own stock. You won’t make a lot of money from it, but there is some satisfaction definitely. Far better than a tet accessory!!!

I have had my fill of the Kama dailies. I definitely need a break from those and especially Manshaums where lately, I was constantly asked to duel for a spot or killed on sight. LOL I slaughtered many many fadus, sorry guys. And my fav ones were the Ronaros I could actually kill them without looking after a while. Glad they introduced the poachers because he always showed up there and often dropped nice stuff.

So this is my Adieu to Gula. You shall not be missed.

Amarenda, Otterlee, Stormthar and 5 others like this.
  2. Thanosmeansdeath

Nice post. I think your awakenings are sort of like +14 Reblath/boss gear, maybe with a lower % increase for failstacks which would explain people getting 50-60+ stacks "occasionally". I'm heading that direction, I'm at +56 currently, I know it's not the highest as there are recently people with 50-60+ posting. However, I calculated it out and I already overpaid by a fairly large margin since my method is to grind silver all day and buy mats; although I do the farming thing 5-6x a day to speed this up. I did get a Doom on 0FS with a lot of free mats used (never tried awakening before that), which made me think things would go better to awaken a second horse (strongly prefer Unicorn or Pegasus over Doom).

I got lucky on Doom, but spending this much time and silver for a +56 horse stack has clearly doomed my excitement when this thing wakes up and shows how inconsistent this system really is. If I had just bought one of the surplus/unwanted Unicorns or Pegasus I would have been helping out another player also because those mounts clearly are hard to sell currently and are sitting. I would have helped myself out by having the guaranteed mount that I want rather than a random mount (perhaps Doom again?) for 15+ billion or more (depends how many more times I got to click).

It's proven too inconsistent to mess with this anymore and I've seen the screenshots of contemporary stacks that are higher than mine. I just think of it about silver spent, if it's a 60 stack that's over 20 billion in my book. If I do it again it's possible I'll have the same bad experience. I do totally agree with you saying that 30 FS and above is too much. That's where I felt like I should have just direct bought the mount instead. Maybe other people will comment that are newer to this and had an awesome experience, but I'll only do this again if the horse can't be bought on the market.

#2 Thanosmeansdeath, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    RamblingRose likes this.
  3. Eneayo

Eneayo Witch 62 EU

well Rose glad to see that you finally completed your T9 journey and wish you that your Scout will be a smart girl with decent stats.

hope you keep checking this section of the forum and say hello from time to time :)

#3 Eneayo, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    RamblingRose likes this.
  4. RamblingRose

Of course I will. There are still a few long suffering folks who are still visiting that stubborn ole Gula and I will not get complete Gula closure until I see that pony arrives for those players. So I will be checking here. xD

5. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin Lahn 62 NA

Huge congratulations and kudos on your achievement!