1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a Little Random but looking for opinions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Caexx, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Caexx

So i have been playing 2 years on a 650 gtx card. with the latest updates it seems harder and harder to run with a decent setting. Now i know youre gonna say im running a potato and youre correct its a budget build do to a low budget.

So here is my question. Im buying a 1050 ti gtx and curious if anyone else had one? Id like to know what kind of frames yo uare able to get wit ha budget style card for the latest Gen. I know Gen 11 is around the corner but thats what im saving money for.

So please any opinions on a 1050 ti would be great :)

2. dlchris1

I actually have that card on my back up pc. It will run bdo ok, but at world bosses the frame rates drops so bad it's unplayable at 1080. I can change the resolution to 720 at world bosses and it runs fine.

3. Caexx

usually during big populated events like node wars and bosses i usually turn down my graphics regardless. im just happy to finally be able to get an upgrade :)

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Just buy a 1080 and be done, don't be a potato 2.0

5. Life Aries

have you tried using the geforce gaming experience app to tweak the settings for you? Once it sets them, you could save the configuration and then swap to the various canned optimal settings they have in game when doing things like node wars. Just a thought for nvidia users.

6. Caexx

if i could afford it right now i would but i would need a whole new pc since im using older hardware

7. SikkNasty

Sell your current PC, go without bdo or other games for a couple weeks. Get a side hustle going. Penny pinch some cash if you like gaming enough...

After all that. Build a new PC. Its do able. If u want smoothe gameplay on bdo and other games now a days you need to upgrade the whole thing and stop playing on a toaster from 2006.

im on like my 4th PC in 7 years now haha

8. Ioci

1050's are over priced just like 1060's and 1080's and when I say that I don't mean they are more than I can afford. They are over priced.

Fortunately the slot hasn't changed on GPU in a very long time so you can upgrade the rest of your machine and continue using your 650, making it the last thing you switch out.

I'd hold out as long as I could on making that choice and milk the 650 for as much as I can if I were you. I use a GT730 btw and it works. That's all I need.