1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A message to Kakao games and Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TIT/\N, Sep 7, 2019.

?

Do you agree that these things need to be fixed

1. The Karma System

2. Class Buffing/Nerfing

3. Lack of PvE content

4. Pay to win/Loot boxes

5. RNG

6. Balance around large scale then small scale

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TIT/\N

If you are reading this and are new to the game quit while you can join back to it if they fix these issues.
    I have been playing the game for long enough to know whats wrong with it part of the problem is the people who are vocal and get the issue wrong. Please fix the issues presented below
    These issues have been discussed by players from all types.

The karma system
    (It currently allows griefers to play almost unpunished and players who hunt griefers being punished just as bad)

Stop Buffing OP classes to keep the players in the game
    Archer needs less ranged cc's Striker needs either less protection or less DPS Mystic needs less Slows and cc's
    Classes like Warrior Valk Tamer Ranger DK Get 0 Love from the devs and really are not in a stable spot

Lack of massive group content in PvE
    there are AoB world bosses guild bosses scrolls etc but there is very little content outside of those things for players to do

P2W JUST STOP/Loot boxes
    This is ALONE WILL KILL THE GAME IF ITS NOT FIXED

RNG needs to be changed
    The current state is either you are rng carried or not players with little to no hours in the game are just given things that players who have had 1-100 attempts still havent gotten yet

More balanced large scale
    every class should have a use in large scale not just a 100% bot or CC bot its a mmo it should be balanced around the large scale not the small scale its a group activity game not a one man party game although both should have content available or classes specific to each play style

this likely triggered many people in the community if you comment please make it respectful I am just one of many people who share this view.
    If you are here to agree or disagree there is a poll for a reason so try to remain respectful if you as it is a touchy topic in the community.
    If you happen to be from kakao or pearl abyss please take notice and fix the issue
    A possible solution to class balance is to allow player to vote on global labs if it is op or needs buffs

#1 TIT/\N, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Joungf

There are much more things that need to be fixed, improved and implemented.

3. TIT/\N

Yea unfortunately this post will probably not garner much attention

Krixil and Joungf like this.
  4. Joungf

Well, let us see the result of the poll on next week.
    Who knows. Maybe it will cause a lot of attention and many player will vote.

5. mokujinprime

buffing mystic and striker? they both have been getting nerfed since rabam, and mystic has already gotten the kuno treatment of "make them the more defensive version of the class and with less damage" -only to later strip the defense part out, making them completely pointless when you can just play it's 100% superior male counterpart

Fateneko and Chaos Ronin like this.
  6. Ben Phoenix

They are never gonna fix the big issues, maybe something here and there. They will simply keep releasing new classes, new outfits, new P2W stuff until the attention on BDO starts fading and they can't make much money out of it anymore. The law of business.

NoisyBoy, Fateneko and Joungf like this.
  7. Malkontent

If pa sees this post, for the love of God, dont listen to this community about anything balance related.

8. TIT/\N

The pearl items i feel arent a problem but the p2w is absolutely BS
    Edit: By pearl items i mean outfits etc cause outfits are aesthetic not functional for progression in game although crons are a thing from outfit melting
    A LOT of what the community says is stupid and shouldn't be payed any mind but the issues present are they are nonstop buffing the most played classes and giving little attention to classes that need it to make it so they dont quit the game.
    Striker and Mystic are still beyond broken Striker can one hit 90% of people at 250ap and can 2 shot people at 220ap its not balanced currently and as for mystic mystic has too many SA's mixed with CC's they are monstrous in large scale as they can cc a whole platoon of enemies in seconds

9. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Excuse me what? Citation needed here :D
    We dont lack dmg by any means, but this here is just wrong (unless target is sub 280 dp. and unbuffed).

I am all for solving issues, but spreading misinformation is not the way.

Fateneko, mrsicknasty and Chaos Ronin like this.
  10. TIT/\N

I will have to ask my striker friends for more help testing but what we have found so far is that most players around 298dp (which is sub softcap but what average players tend to have) Leg drop one to two hits people depending on class and depending on crit
    Edit:The DMG and Tankyness is the issue not just the dmg the dmg is fine but to have both dmg and able to tank is not ok in PvP PvE thats totally fine but PvP it breaks the balance

11. Aoisenshi

Aoisenshi Aoisenshi Sorceress 62 EU

Stop crying, if you do not like how the game works, just leave it. Will be better that they fix all the bugs and problems that have the game.

12. Ben Phoenix

Outfits have set effects and yes, you can melt them to get crones. They don't work just as skins. I'm sure they would get sold pretty well having just aesthetic purposes but I guess they sell more in the way they are.

Stop bullshitting, complaints and suggestions are some of the reasons why these forums exist in the first place. You don't like, you don't read. Simple.

NoisyBoy, TheYoda and Joungf like this.
  13. TIT/\N

They are purchasable Via Central market but it makes them hard to get as they can be melted for cron's the issue is mostly with them blatantly seeing how much money they can grab from people with the Loot boxes and discounts etc its all marketing being shoved down our throat all for their gain but at the cost of the community hating the game more and more
    This is just plain rude if you put years into a game would you want to quit...You shouldnt want to quit if you care you should speak up about what you feel needs to be fixed at the very least.
    If you read i asked people to keep it respectful try to remain kind to others choices

14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Do you even play this game or played any other class other than the one you currently play? This is huge misinformation and although the Dev's should always hear the community, in cases like this one. They really shouldn't listen D:

Sorry, I do not mean it as an insult but you are talking out of your rear.

15. TIT/\N

I have played many classes but settled for my current class a while back but head back to test out other classes occasionally. As well as i always test out the newest classes. I do play the game frequently probably too frequently.
    Another point i would like to bring across is the community is always at each others throat for stupid stuff all the time like just be respectful to one another its MMO we are supposed to work together and help one another not stab each other in the back and insult everyone

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  16. Joungf

It is part of PA's tactics to grow such a rude community. Splitting the player into several groups or political camps. Each camp believes to be right and all others are wrong.

17. mrsicknasty

Mystics FG's and SA's are the same as Strikers except she's missing them on her heals and some of her CC's. And as for CC'ing in large scale, that's pretty much the only role they can play unless they have massive amounts of AP. If you take away the only role in large scale she has left, then she'll be completely worthless. They already stripped CC's from a bunch of her awakening moves in PvP, while also removing protection from moves with protected CC. They even took out the FG on twisted collision, while leaving Striker's untouched.

She's been nerfed enough, move your complaints to Striker as he's just Mystic but with the ability to deal damage while not having the nerfs on Protection and CC +more accuracy on moves.

Hell, why even nerf when combat itself is broken in a fundamental level. All characters should have a generic backwalking guard(if they don't have a manual guard skill) and the generic Evasion skill that everyone has should be faster, and have no character collision. In addition all characters should have at least one grab and one or two protected CC's, while having those moves end in a long recovery animation. It doesn't have to be extremely long, just enough for the intended target of the move to reach them and grab if they blocked or dodged. Having a long recovery on protected CC's would also have an extra benefit of preventing them from being used as death combo starters. Also grabs should not lead into death combos as well and should have long recovery. Plus they should bump up the dmg and give them SA so they'd actually fit their purpose as a utility against other SA's. Lastly no one, should have PROTECTED CC's that lead into death combos. All SA protected CC's should follow the same rules as above.

If some still wish for protected CC's to exist, then at best it should be FG and the CC must have a condition of only working on characters with character collision. After that all characters would have to have a move like Spiral Torpedo that has no character collision to act as a tool to crossup FG CC's and people abusing manual guard (on a sidenote **** moves like Spiral Torpedo if they have long active frames. these type of moves should only have one active frame so they don't automatically break through ALL people guarding. a protected CC shouldn't be able to defend against it because they're already locked into attacking. but people legitimately defending should have the chance of applying their skill to turn around and block in the proper direction).

Combat in general is lacking many core fighting game principles and concepts that have been around for decades. PA doesn't even attempt to incorporate and translate these concepts into their MMO despite their devs living in a country that is home to many of the world's top tier fighting game competitors and champions.

#17 mrsicknasty, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    TIT/\N likes this.
  18. Blitzball

Caphrased PEN gear and costume melting need to be removed. This things killed the game

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  19. Jollyboots

Karma - Never been karma bombed(always on arsha) so no opinion.

Class balance - Archer, ninja, and Sorc are problematic. Striker and mystic are fine as is. Buff all the other classes so they can do broken stuff. A game like this can never be balanced simple as that.

P2W/Lootboxes - P2W keeps the crappy servers running. Most people that care about P2W just don't pick up the game/quit. Not too sure what lootboxes you're referring to. Pet boxes? Rift boxes? Coming from maplestory there's basically no lootboxes.

RNG - RNG is fine. The thing is you only hear about RNG carried people and people that get cucked by RNG. Most people get lucky sometimes and cucked other times.

Largescale - Agree that game should be balanced towards large scale. How to do it is another matter. We either have current range meta or, if range is nerfed too hard, zerg meta.

Naho and Chaos Ronin like this.
  20. TIT/\N

Karma hits close to home for me as i try to stop griefers thats why i would like the system fixed.

Class Balance is a touchy topic but sorc recently was nerfed. Archer is absolutely still broken. Ninja is a skill based class but i understand why people get mad at them for using cloaking in duels and pvp outside of NW/Siege

RNG-Its not perfect but its definitely easier for some people than others

P2W-They make MORE than enough off the game trust me when i say that they have people throwing money at them.
    There is a bundle/box that comes around alot and its a total scam its 10$ in pearls and it almost always gives you items worth less than 10$ in the pearl shop ie (5 artisans,inventory expansion...)
    IMO P2W isnt a serious issue unless they keep trying to monetize it more like they have been others have a serious problem with it more than i do though so take that with a grain of salt

Largescale- Its a serious problem for new players and i think if they balance around it more people wont reroll which would mean less money but more people would stay and not quit making more money soo its all about if they are ok with a temporary money loss

#20 TIT/\N, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019