1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new future for Agris... (expansion)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Archaic_Triad, Jan 11, 2021.

?

Should Agris points effect gathering?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2021.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. I don't know, but I like where this is going!

16.7%
  1. Archaic_Triad

Agris points have been a welcome addition to the game, increasing the silver her hour of more casual players and making gains feel a bit more significant.

Agris points make a big difference to players who work full time jobs and play a few hours at night, like me and many others who I know in the local discord groups.

However,

Agris does nothing for the people who choose to life-skill. The entire system is only based on killing mobs in defined grind spots.

I believe its time for Agris points to be applied to gathering.

Would you like to see Agris points effect more than just normal mob grinding?

2. Misuzie

Misuzie Luchina Lahn 62 EU

The problem is that gathering does not leave trash drops, which is the only thing buffed with Agris. If they were to enable Agris for gathering, they have to think about what kind of drop it buffs.

Of course, you can simply make it function like the hedgehog, but I think that might make gathering too OP.

As it is right now, gathering is incredibly profitable. If you enable Agris to further boost profits it might become too much.

AZzalor likes this.
  3. Archaic_Triad

In recent months, combat has seen many sustainable buffs and improvements. The latest would be the +10% drop rate at night time boost.

Gathering on the other hand remains unchanged and un-buffed. Also, when was the last gathering event? I've been playing as a gathering main for years now, I cannot remember to last gathering event we had.... (Serbianca's voucher and golden backpack maybe? late 2018?) I fear its being left behind because the barrier to entry on gathering at a reasonable rate is too high.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Vortexii

That makes sense:

You are simply unwilling to accept the fact that life skilling is essentially 100% agris up time since you get the same results as having agris non stop.

5. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

The reason there have been no lifeskilling evens is because you can make so much moeny without them, and PA have been trying to catch grinding up to its level. With the advent of mastery, gathering has become insanely profitable, to the point where many people make far more money gathering than they would grinding, for less cost. In order to make ~200m an hour gathering, you need tet clothes and tool and tri accessories. This will get you 1200 mastery and only costs you 3.9b for clothes, 2.6b for the tool, and each accessory is 3.4b each. This comes out to about 20 billion. In order to really get that 200m you do need to also do cooking, but we all know how much time we spend afk in this game and so that is not going to be an issue for anyone.

If you want to make 200m an hour grinding, you are going to need pen weapons and tet accessories. ONE pen weapon is going to cost almost as much as the whole set of manos gear, the whole set of grinding gear capable of getting that kind of money is going to cost approximately 90 billion silver. And that is JUST the AP, not even counting the 4 armor pieces, which tet armors are going to cost 1.7 to 2 billion each, plus ~770 caphras in each one, which means its gonna run you another 15 bil. Which means a combat set capable of making the same money as a 1200 mastery set would cost 5 times as much money. Minimum. If you want to factor in the cost of pen armors and Fallen God, the costs close in on more like 80 to 85 bil for armors ALONE, not just 15. And that's without any caphras in the 3 non fallen god pieces.

In other words, no. The barrier to entry for good gathering rates not only isn't high, but it is laughably low.

ODB3698 likes this.
  6. MADE

There is trash drops (fairy powder or what) in gathering.

Nevertheless argis is a limitation to how much you can grind at once. Lifeskill has energy as limitation.