1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A PvE only server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Animeaniac, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you feel that you would enjoy a PvE server more than the servers that they currently offer?

1. I'd enjoy a PvE server a lot more.

56.6%
  2. I like the way the game is and wouldn't change anything.

43.4%
  1. Kuzma Volkov

I could have sworn there was an open world aspect in their horrendous alpha test, but whatever. Still not what killed the game and only one game by a crap company is what you are harping on about.

World of Warcraft, EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers, Everquest, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 14, Secret World, Secret World Legends, Elder Scrolls Online, Champions Online, DC Universe, City of Heroes and Villains, RIFT, Atlantica Online, Drakensang Online, Dragons Prophet, Dungeon and Dragons Online, Fire Fall, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings online, Mabinogi, Marvel Heroes, Neverwinter, Phantasy Star Online, Priston Tale, Ragnarok Online, Runes Of Magic, Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, Star Trek Online, Star Wars the old republic, Vanguard, Wildstar, etc
    Still got ALLL these and more to prove my point.

PvE Is never what kills a game. Balance with PvP is always what kills a game because it's a constant yo-yo game of buffing and nerfing. No one ever complains that X class killed y NPC too fast. It's always X class does more damage than mine. They're over powered in arena NERF them! You'll have the occasional X class solo'd the raid boss nerf but that is an expected nerf that goes overall well with everyone.

This sentence sounds like something I'd expect from a Russian bot on a Trump video. Random use of abbreviated game terms plus "That game" Which one?

2. Nicci

What is there to contest? If someone is much lower AP/DP than they are, there's not going to be any contesting, it's going to be one person killing the others and while rolling on the floor laughing because his gear and level gives him a sense of superiority. That's the problem -- there's nothing wrong with PVP, players fighting each other, but it's not a fight. It's a big kid picking on a little kid, also known as bullying, just because the big kid is bigger, stronger, and there's nothing the little kid can do about it.

People that want a PVE server want to play to have fun, not have their time wasted by someone with the maturity of a 5-year old with either too much time, his daddy's wallet, or both. In both PVE/PVP the higher level/gear player could still hoard an area so there would be no change there. If there was a group that could contest it in PVE, then it just becomes a race and the other character would be forced to share whether they wanted to be immature about it or not.

OldWolfe and Dalenos like this.
  3. itt

itt

this game has not been designed as a pvp game there are more lines of code dedicated to the pve(life skills) than pvp there are more pve players than pvp players all you have to do is look at the server load during node wars all the node wars servers are never crowded but the non node wars servers have been crowded to over run during the node wars times.i have been a gamer for over 30 years and in that time i have been payed to pvp and pve and this game does not offer a good pvp experience the classes are to unbalanced but it does offer the best life skill complexity of any game i have played.yes this game does have open world pvp but it seems more of a tact on after though than part of the original concept.pvpers are the vocal minority most pvpers have to prove themselves better are more arrogant and ignorant to other peoples needs and wants i know i was one of them but now i am too old to be competitive in a game with the style of combat that this game has but i didn't buy this game for pvp i got it for no lv cap and for the crafting,farming,trading,fishing,sailing,training(horse breeding) and grinding(killing mobs) that this game offers.pvp is a very small part of what this game has to offer and the majority of the players of this game will never pvp if thay don't have to.if all non node wars servers where made pve this would improve the gaming experience for both pvp players and pve players alike if you want to pvp go to a server with a 1 on it you would be guaranteed a fight but if you want to gather herbs grind mobs afk level your fishing,training,strength or stamina you could do it without having someone gank you or karma bomb you.the other argument is if you want to life skill(pve) dont level past 50 that is just being selfish and it would mean i could not complete all the quests in this game (pve content) and it is just a design flaw which should not be in the game

4. Capitaine Courage

All these games have a themepark design
    Some of them are dead
    Some of them are not MMORPGS but ARPGs or dungeon runners

So no ... If you compare Apples and Oranges, it won't put your argument further. You could put Zelda or Mario in the mix that it would be the same thing at that point.

And what killed Global Agenda is the fact that they never delivered what they promised with AvA on top of prioritizing their new licenses.
    Guilds left the game in droves, and tit never recovered.

5. KikoiK

You can, if the PK'er gets you killed by mobs.

By "Set" I meant adding crystals to my gear that would make me competitive in PvP. Which, I wouldn't do because of (see above).

Learn to read before you decide to give someone "advice". The argument in favor of a PVE server still stands, in spite of your efforts to troll.

Nice try, though.

6. LogicaI

what argument in favor of pve server? no thanks. I've read them all,I find none of merit "yet"

7. Capitaine Courage

So it's not a PvP death.

Tansie likes this.
  8. Reapzer

Every damn server is pve, pve plebs can just karma bomb and grief people off spots.

Tansie likes this.
  9. Vorkrunne

+1

Make it like Legion, ESO, etc. All personal loot and if anyone hits the same mob as you, you both get credit whether you're in a party or not. It's been amazing playing multiplayer games like that. Whenever we encounter other players, it's a positive experience instead of being annoyed there is another player nearby in an MMO.

No one can steal spots, loots, or mobs from you. Everyone can just always pitch in and work together.

If you prefer fighting for your spot, you can switch to a PvP server. Everyone gets the play style that they want.

Crescentmoon likes this.
  10. Kuzma Volkov

And BDO is an Asian Action RPG as well as having theme park meme sections all over...

Yeah some are dead but it wasn't PVE that killed them. They lasted for longer than any game should and some are still around. If you're going to go by some peoples definitions of a dead mmo. 90% of BDO is afk, is that a living game? Not really. You'll encounter another player only at night, select grind spots, and events. That's it. Everyone else is AFK.

AvA, yes a PvP aspect killed it and -> "prioritizing their new licenses." <- Yeah like I said their new games called Smite, Paladins, and dead ass tribes. Come on now stop being a stereotypical Republican and nit picking tiny little insignificant ant hills.

PVE isn't what kills a game. Thanks for circling around and proving my point.

PVE tends to be what attracts 'whales' and keeps games running for decades.

11. Jylin

Jylin Miraikuro Sorceress 7 EU

I want a "no enhancement fail"-server, can we have that too?
    what about "no mystic"-server?

12. LogicaI

No female server?

Jylin likes this.
  13. Jylin

Sausage server, great idea

Wish we could get a +15 capped server too (this one for real)

14. LogicaI

Pvp only server,no grills allowed. Credit cards required ,Casuals instantly banned.

15. Worlfy

Worlfy Treeflower Sorceress 58 EU

6 million players, 200 asking for a PvE server
    Yeah, right

Tansie likes this.
  16. Aelleina

it's not 200 players, it's 57% of the players.
    or else none of these boards represent anything the "players" want since there's only a handful of the 6 million saying anything here.

Crescentmoon and Kuzma Volkov like this.
  17. Jylin

Give them a PvE Server - I dont mind if you give the a PvE Channel either - but make the channel switch cd between regular channels and pve channels 24h - so they are locked into their own griefing paradise

Kuzma Volkov likes this.
  18. Ruby Diamond

It would be a nice change of pace. More gaming and fun stuff with less stressing out about who is going to try and gank me next. At the very least there should be the option to pick which one I'm up for that day.

Lavrenil and RustyNail like this.
  19. Kirigure

They already have a full PvP server JUST THE ONE..
    Why just the 1 if PvP is supposed to be the more popular play style
    Why a huge amount of non full PvP servers but only the 1 specifically designated PvP server
    If they can make a full PvP and a crap load of open PvP servers then they can just make a purely PvE server just as easily.

Shoot at the moment they have it set to forced into PvP at 50, they can change that to higher level.

Those saying it's due to this, that or the other and too difficult to incorporate. Sorry I dont buy that crappy excuse, theres PvE all the way through and even I know that PvP is an add on and the parrameters can easily be changed which is what they did to make the various servers they have now.

Like others have said, if you want to PvP go the PvP server, or stay on your current server and all of those not wanting any part of PvP can go to a PvE server and have fun the way they want to play.

They have safe zones and combat zones where PvP is allowed, just deflag the combat zones and ergo no PvP.....

And before you say but thats not possible, but yes it is, they set the areas so they can just as easily reset those areas, hell theres no reason they cant add an area of the world with it's own little village set as a pure PvP area. You enter here and your automatically flagged for PvP no holds barred so even PvE server players can go there for a bash.

In the game your able to alter a lot of things as player, look, hair, name to state a few, you think they wont be able to reset some parameters and make it PvE, if you think that your deluding yourself, or i'm giving to much credit to the Dev's capabilities and the games design.

They may however be afraid that the PvE servers become so popular they have to change more servers to keep up with the demand.

Basic rule of marketing, give the customer what they want, especially if it means increased revenue...

people not happy with an aspect of the game there playing will emphasize that by reducing there real money spend in the game (if not stopping altogether).They do this because they will be looking for a game that has the parameters they like and soon as they find it, there gone and there cash goes with them. Give PvE players a PvE server and that aspect goes away, there now happy with the game and so will tend to spend more money on it. This could be why I can only see one designated PvP server, they made the devoted PvP players there own open PvP server and they happily playing there and spending there money.

20. Kitala

We don't need a carebear server though. There is barely any pvp going on anywhere as it is.
    And you think that a pve server wont be more frustrating? At least the way it currently is you can power up eventually and hold a spot with a bit of skill. In a pve server people just grind over top you all day long stealing your mobs without punishment by anyone ever. If they make a pve server. itd better be a mobless one with only lifeskilling enabled. They need to add bounties to the regular servers so we can get high level players paid for hunting down the negative karma players for some cash or some kind of honor system points like in Archage(yes...i said it).

Tansie likes this.