1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A PvE only server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Animeaniac, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you feel that you would enjoy a PvE server more than the servers that they currently offer?

1. I'd enjoy a PvE server a lot more.

56.7%
  2. I like the way the game is and wouldn't change anything.

43.3%
  1. Kirigure

You need to get out of the deluded mentality that PvE is a care bear server, or do we call PvP servers the psycopaths or mentally deranged server where you can go and PK to your hearts content making others miserable and they end up leaving the game in frustration getting sick of having there play time ruined.

Currently PvP means devs are catering to those who Pk, with no regard for the ones playing PvE and only PvE. So why the descrimination against PvE players and there catering to the bullying from PvP players (yes it's nothing but bullying). What they provide is a cop out system mainly because they couldnt do a better one, There is no reason they cant adjust the current system so those not flagged for PvP would never have to worry about going to 50th level and above. Doing 50 and your PvP flagged is ludicrous and limits the player base and as a result there revenue.

If PvP was so popular they would have many many more designated PvP servers, but they dont, so as a cop out they made the other servers open in areas, but to those players who love the idea of the game (minus the pvp) they'll end up frustrated that they cant get past 49 (cause there not interested in being griefed) so in the end a new game comes out thats more to there taste and bang.. there gone and there money with them.

Having a PvE server might be a good test bench for them, see how many players transfer to it and that will give them an idea of how many arent interested in PvP or the griefing that goes with it.

I play games to relieve stress and just let of steam without ruining the game for other players, but then Im not a Ahole who gets there rocks off stuffing up other peoples gaming. If I come across a quest area with a lot of players (or even a few) I'll work within that and take targets near them but I will make sure to give them space for there hunting. If I think there just farming then I'll take what I need and leave.

Everyone is there to have fun, if PvP'rs want to PvP as others have said they should go to the PvP server, on that note those who want to PvE should also not be discriminated against and also be allowed to go the server that suits there play style. They basically have 2 PvP style servers, no PvE so that is discrimination though they also have no reason they cant incorporate PvE fully by a simple way such as removing the flaggin to PvP at level 50 and above, let the PvE players play without having to worry, is that turd burgler nearby waiting for your health to drop from the mobs your fighting before rushing in and finishing you off...

Companies are there to make money, Ive played a game where I asked a hard core PvP player why he's on a Pve server, his response made me laugh.. "You cant relax and just gather or grind without some tool ambushing you, so I have a toon on here as well to unwind", he also admitted that he seems to be spending more time on the PvE server than his PvP one. The game was WoW and he liked he could still PvP via arena, battlegrounds, duels and just gathering an army and raiding the other factions capital (those players in raidied capital not flagged for PvP could not be attacked). Point was if he didnt want to PvP he didnt have to and he also didnt have to worry about being ambushed, in the end he prefered the PvE server to the PvP one as it gave him avenues to PvP but also allowed him time to grind quests and gather.

But devs need to get out of the mentality that everyone wants to PvP, there deluded in this thinking and it will have a negative impact on the revenue eventually. I'm wandering if there over the top prices currently are a way for them to counter a reduction in revenue from loss of players or there stopping from buying due to PvP aspects of game.

Negative karma, dont make me laugh, it never was and never will be a deterrent to Pk, not a single game I've played with a karma or penalty system for PK'ng ever did what it was supposed, Pk'rs treated it with contempt and ignored it totally. It was a cop out placebo incorporated by devs in the hope the non pk'rs would feel safer in the wilderness (it did not and never will work). Maybe if the penalty cost more than the crime, like they lost xp, items vanished, silver disappeared, there warehouse contents were deemed proceeds of crime and the contents confiscated, no vendor access, no quest access, no warehouse access and karma wont reduce for a week of logged in time (regardless of how many mobs you kill). Maybe and only maybe then the PK'rs will go back to there PvP server where they will be the victims (which is why they left it in the first place). But thats still wishful thinking on the part of PvE'rs, even in real life the death sentence for murder is and never will be a successful deterrent to committing murder.

I dont begrudge players there right to PvP, just like I dont begrudge players there right to not be a victim of PvP if there just PvE players not wanting to PvP...

I think I have said all there is to say on the subject and apologize for the length...

Anyway.. have a wonderful game and I hope you get to play the style of play you look for....

Lavrenil, Edanna and Zyx1 like this.
  2. valenix35

or they just introduce a cash shop/loyalty item that disables all pvp actions/immune from other players actions for x hours

3. elephantgrey

If they added PvP Immunity to value pack I might actually buy them.

4. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

I'm sorry but my first instict is "nope". At least not the way you describe because otherwise it just won't work and you'd create 100s of other problems. I was against the PVP (arsha) server as well btw for the same resaons.

You'd either have to:
    • have actual servers that you can't switch between (put server transfers on the pearl store and limit them to 1 use per month).
      • The problem with this though is that this is what we once had (minus the server transfer) and pearl abyss just won't do this.. It just won't work the current channel setup.
    • make Kamaslyvia channels the PVE channels, make channel switch for channels higher, reduce the amount of trash loot you get, and no karma gain on these channels.
      • Geared players will still be able to outfarm you though and really these may end up becoming the most toxic channel because if someone wants to grief (in other ways) then they know where to go. You'd also have to reduce the amount of trash loot or drops you get here to balance things out a bit.
    Tbh though, I don't "believe" in having PVE and PVP channels. The game is meant to have OWPVP and the PK punishments (and karma bombing) is enough to disuade PK anway. You agreed to OWPVP when you reached level 50. If you're getting PKed that often then it's probably your own fault because no smart person is going to flag up in this game when karma bombing is so effective. There are ways to get around the PK system like using alts if you are getting griefed, and there are 30 channels to use if you are getting PKed.. It shouldn't be an issue.

I must say though, I don't like the arsha server either and don't see a use for it. I'd rather the karma system just get fixed and I'd expect it to get fixed if you get PVE servers.

Sidina likes this.
  5. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

No that would be dumb lol.

6. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

Again that would be dumb.

7. elephantgrey

If you could get the trade buff at 49 I wouldnt play a 50+ character. They lock non-combat content above 50 just so all the PvP casuals have people to troll.
    If there's that much of a shortage of people wanting to do the owpvp, then maybe it's not a thing the playerbase wants, and shouldn't be in the game.

Lavrenil likes this.
  8. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

You don't have to move the trade goods on that character. Do it on a level 49 and then just hand them in on your 50+ character. Or ask for it to be changed to level 45 requirement or for the PVP level restriction to be higher.. I've been saying for a long time they should raise the PVP unlock to 56 instead of 50..

And well the thing is, 50% of the playerbase likes the karma system and 50% hates it because of karma bombing. There are a lot of people who want a more balanced karma system with karma bombing not being possible, or at least heavily reduced... Then at the same time, a decent amount want a PVE channel because they can't handle PK (idk why - it's not like you lose anything from dying to PK unless you're trading, but whatever).

You do get the odd new player asking for harsher PK penalties, mostly because they don't understand the karma system... But I wonder if they still feel that way when they are bit more geared O.o If so then maybe the amount of time on the olvia channel should be increased to give new players more time.

The thing is, if you implement PVE channels which you can just switch to at any time, then a lot of "PVP" players would use it too if they are high geared, because they can just sit in 1 spot as long as they like and never have to leave.. You'll get guilds locking down spots and things like that.. Everyone will just grind over the top of eachother because there is nothing you can do to make them leave.. It will end up so busy that the regular servers are more "worth" going to because they will not be so crowded... You'll either have to have some sort of trash loot reduction or something to balance things out... Then imo the arsha server should have the opposite and have increased trash loot to make more people go there and actually contest spots.. That's how most other games do it.. If you grind in a peace zone you get reduced loot compared to normal servers or PVP.

I think what most of these people are interested in is a life skill channel...

Idk... If they do decide to bring PVE server, I hope it's completely seperate tbh and that they just offer a server transfer.. They won't do it though because you'd be splitting the playerbase and there is already not that many guilds that do node wars/siege..

Sidina likes this.
  9. elephantgrey

Trust me I know about moving crates on a 49 alt.
    And isn't the fact that "too many" players would choose a server without PvP telling? I honestly believe that most players don't want OWPvP. Sure the 3-4 popular grind spots would get overcrowded, but that would only get people to go out and find there own spots.

10. Lavrenil

I literally cant progress in game , Im so much killed while lvling on any of grind spots, I try to switch channel, but again same, go to other place, losing buffs time, bell time, and I am not stealing anyone's mobs nor attacking players ever. Today I was on spot alone for 25 minutes, then some Pker came and killed me once, I used elion tear, killed me second time and I started to fight back, killed that player once, and he went rampage on me , even declared war to my guild so he cant lose karma? All because I am sick and tired to switch channel when ever someone decide to take my spot , mobs and life Why am I forced to PvP, there are like 30 servers, make 10 PvE servers and let us older casual peaceful players to play . Why is so hard to understand that game will lose players due to frustrations of forced PvP. There are node wars, guild wars, arena, etc, there is PvP dedicated server, right? Make PvE dedicated servers too, please. And Im not pointing at anyone, but there are people that are bored or even psychologically challenged (disturbed, sorry to say but there are ) so they PK others for what ever reason.

Maybe I should go and lvlup on grass beetles or just to quit.

#210 Lavrenil, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Edanna likes this.
  11. Reapzer

Are you all seriously going on? I don't see 57%yes I see 57% spineless griefers, you already have 30+ pve servers to our 1 pvp server, get over yourselves already.

12. elephantgrey

No, that's 30+ servers where people flag in lifeskillers and 1 consensual PvP server.

13. Dalenos

pve instance or server when >.>

14. Reapzer

Oh you mean that thing that allows you to pk 2-6 people before you start losing your stuff? Griefing is a result of pve servers.

15. Masterio

PvE in PvP game.... and you think the die is your biggest problem? On PvE servers griffing will be everywhere, without restrictions.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

sigh...all you need to add on pve channels is the tag and loot...if you even hit a mob you still get loot..up the re spawns and done.

17. Edanna

I agree with the idea of pve servers. I would like it as soon as possible. The pvpkillers are toxic in millions of ways. They show the worst of the people and the community. There doesn't matter in what channel you are, it is always the same nightmare. Empathy zero, they kill you just because they can. No valid reason, There is not valid excuses. If you want PvP there is plenty of servers. With the option of pve servers everybody will be happy. And will be possible to play in peace.

Yes. Pve server when?

Lavrenil likes this.
  18. Eynix

I'm a bit curious about where you grind, on which server and how you do it. Because I don't feel like there's a lot of PK.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. Thresh_Only

Thresh_Only Striker 63 NA

PVE server? It's called Savage Rift.

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You are literally saying you are sick and tired of playing the game the way it was meant to be played. We are supposed to fight over resources in game, but it happening as often as you are trying to make it sound like is not true. I've played this game since launch and PvP at grind spots isn't as frequent as you make it out to be. PvE servers will never happen because that would remove the main content of the game, which is player conflict. Keep dreaming or play another game more suited to your tastes.

Tansie likes this.