1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A PvE only server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Animeaniac, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you feel that you would enjoy a PvE server more than the servers that they currently offer?

1. I'd enjoy a PvE server a lot more.

56.6%
  2. I like the way the game is and wouldn't change anything.

43.4%
  1. Dalenos

Probably because griefers would not have anymore of their fun pking lowgeared players and life skillers >.>

oR-Bishop likes this.
  2. Capitaine Courage

I'm not more PvE than PvP or the contrary. I didn't come here for one or the other, I came here for the two at once.

Original players, who knew what they bought, are not for segregative channels because it will simply scatter ressources and development.
    If BDO wasn't designed to be played in PvE only it's for a simple reason : PvE has nothing to offer but grind. No challenge where you can put to fruit of your work to the test, nothing of that sort. Mind you, PvP taken alone would be as shitty.
    What will happen is that people will then start to ask for specific stuff for specific channels, killing de facto the original vision of an inclusive game and turning it into the same segregated stuff we eat since WoW.

And PA doesn't want to support numerous version of the game or make specific developments

#102 Capitaine Courage, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Tokigare likes this.
  3. RustyNail

Do these griefers generate more income than potential new players if PvE servers are launched? It is hard to say. Maybe if they need to use full PEN gear to kill these armourless life skillers, then it is somewhat likely that they use cash shops services a lot.

DRKN and oR-Bishop like this.
  4. Dalenos

It's really hard to say but they are not the majority though that's for sure. Griefers themselves usually aren't OP players they are wannabe OP players. They can't fight well geared players so they fight weak geared players that can't fight back.

5. Dionysos

Dionysos Lorewish Ranger 59 EU

Really I joined the game knowing there is PvP involved... the way its implemented needs some improvement... but I knew there is PvP and I never complained about it.

Why do you complain about PvP knowing the game has PvP!?

Just go on and don't complain about it or asking for PvE servers... (in PvE they can't kill you but still kill every mob in front of you without being able to do something about it? Hows that better from just being killed?)

And I'm mostly a PvE player, but I won't be joining the deathbrained PvE server cause the game has too much content for PvP, and I love payback!

6. RustyNail

Not really, it is likely a very minor change from developers point of view. There is already existing mechanics for that. Development doesn't need to be necessary changed at all. Both servers get same updates. PvE servers would just have PvP disabled.

It is good that no one is forcing you to be in PvE servers, isn't it?

I don't know. It truly is shame that game developers cannnot say no to players suggestions.
    There is already a PvP server. To expand the safe zone to cover entire world doesn't mean a different version of the game. If it does so does that PvP server. Both are minor adjustments that won't likely need much special maintenance.

oR-Bishop likes this.
  7. RustyNail

Don't complain about complainers..You know that forums have complainers!?

Just go on and don't complain about it or asking for them to stop...

8. Capitaine Courage

See my previous answer below.
    Val 6 is nothing more than a bad joke and a lazzy move to try to occupy players, a smoke screen to hide issues and not fix them. This is not a PvP server, simply because it doesn't even make sense according to how the game is designed.

#108 Capitaine Courage, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. HarryC

Sounds like the definition of a bully to me. But I could be wrong.

10. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

You do realize its unreal engine 4.
    You do realize its not even released. It's pre-alpha.
    You do realize most western MMORPGS fail to compete against eastern graphics.
    You do realize that graphics aren't what make the game great.
    You do realize it won't be out in another 3 years
    You WILL realize Ashes of Creation will be better than BDO.

Call me out until then but if you play Ashes of Creation. You've fallen upon your own sword.

11. Dionysos

Is that a valid reason? No so lets not go offtopic

12. Sugam

Just to let you guys know, BDO does not really have a true open world pvp system in place. The mmo's I grew up with makes BDO very tame as far as pvp goes. Not saying its bad cause I do enjoy BDO so far granted the game is like 90% gear and 10% skill which is a little disappointing. But I don't blame the guys that don't know this. I mean, how many people here played UO, AoC or even online Elite: dangerous?

A little danger of pvp is a nice thing to have in the long run and it encourages people to try harder to reach their goals. If a ganker comes by or someone way higher gear than you and kills you, just move on/switch channel or fight back and still give it your best. Be the better player and know its not a big deal and work to eclipse the differences one day.

Tokigare and Jeoul like this.
  13. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

So, it's okay to have a PvP server but not a PvE one? Seems like you just want to dominate all channels. Kind of petty. You guys love your PvP. That's great. Don't expect everyone else to feel the same. Respect their right to spend their play time the way the like.

PvP Player Inventory:
    Castle Siege & Militia
    Node Wars
    City Battle Arenas
    Main Battle Arena
    Arena of Arsha
    Red Battlefield
    Duels
    Bounties
    Open-World PKs
    PvP Channel

PvE Player Inventory:
    Town
    Summon Scrolls
    Savage Rift

Greedy Bastards

#113 oR-Bishop, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  14. Dionysos

Black Desert been like this from the start... a PvP game, so requesting a PvE server makes no sense...

Black Desert is not you're average daily dungeon MMORPG

15. oR-Bishop

No, it hasn't. You might be able to fool new players, but not me. I've been here since pre-launch, and played RU and KR prior to that. I was here for the initial marketing of the game. It didn't include PvP in any of it apart from castle siege, which wasn't even included at launch. The Devs said themselves that open world PvP was an accident. Flagging mechanics were supposed to resolve minor grind spot issues. That's why the karma costs were set high initially. It wasn't until NA and RU players demonstrated an appetite for more PvP that they expanded it.

#115 oR-Bishop, Nov 17, 2017
  16. oR-Bishop

What you're saying is that you won't allow other players to do PvE content on their terms. You get to do that because you started playing the game before them. I don't remember paying you for this game.

It's mind-boggling that you PvP players have 40 channels to choose from and can't tolerate one PvE channel. Demanding to have access to under-geared and non-PvP players to slaughter means you are non-competitive. A competitive player would seek out other PvP players. It's not survival of the fittest you're abiding by, it's leverage of the fittest, where you can keep other players from catching up.

You do this by dominating all the best spots for XP and silver. I know your type. It's morally offensive to you that a player can access these opportunities without first earning the spoils. Reality check: Not everyone thinks like you do - and they don't have to.

#116 oR-Bishop, Nov 17, 2017
    AlexHuaTIan likes this.
  17. Dionysos

Ohh my god nevermind, not going to argue about it, its a waste of time lol

You probably played another game

Also I don't give a **** even if you played the alpha version at the Pearl Abyss office, this is what we have here in the European version...

18. oR-Bishop

I agree arguing isn't productive. I was just giving some background because you asserted that this how things always were. No offense intended.

19. Dionysos

None taken, our opinions the way we see thing its just a way to different xD

20. LethalAF

I dont know why anyone would be opposed to a PVE channel..

Less karma bombers on other channels because they can all "share" mobs on that channel.