1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A PvE only server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Animeaniac, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you feel that you would enjoy a PvE server more than the servers that they currently offer?

1. I'd enjoy a PvE server a lot more.

56.7%
  2. I like the way the game is and wouldn't change anything.

43.3%
  1. Larly

I voted for a PvE server as well, as many have said, it has absolutely no detriment to PvP players since it will be on it's own server.

I've myself personally had to deal with nonsense pertaining to PvP, because at the end-game it becomes so increasingly competitive that other players will if they can, kill you just to take the highly contested areas of grinding.

The idea that it isn't a problem is laughable, and channel surfing isn't reliable due to how long cds take to switch.

Throw on top of that the heavy competition and the fact that many players/groups will devoid others from being able to rotate or farm within these areas is extremely difficult.

Their have been times where I simply don't grind for long periods of the day or even the duration of an entire weeks worth of play.

With a PvE server I'd be allowed to at least focus on the task at hand, knowing that I'm not going to potentially get two shot by someone.

Not to mention a PvE server would have tremendous draw power to multiple other potential players whom are simply detracted from the fact of forced PvPing itself.

More money to the Makers of BDO.

Me personally, I don't mind PvP, however I would like to be Able to get to a point where I can compete, and not having to be stalled, delayed or refrain from doing so simply because other high-end players can and have made it extremely difficult.

#161 Larly, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. EveoQvQoevE

I too would like an option for a PVE server. It would have to be separate so as to not impact those who are devoted to the PVP aspect. In a game so open with so much to do, whether it is PVP-based or PVE-based has more to do with the player's habits then the developers intent. I enjoy playing casually after a long day and just enjoying the activity, and for me the ability of someone to repeatedly ruin that on a whim is a downside that could be costing the company money from players who get discouraged and stop playing. And if PVP is untouchable and universally good for the game and by extension the business, then why is it disabled until level 50? Why not let everyone PK the level 1s and 2s? Could it be that even the developers understand the discouragement and frustration this could cause (which in business-speak means lost profits and diminished market share)?

I don't think the addition of a PVE server would constitute any change to the game experience for the rest of the players since it would be a separate server. Those that worship PVP would be none the wiser and could go on with the server of their choice and not care. The only thing they could truly complain about is not getting to kill me specifically, and if getting to kill me specifically is a requirement for them to enjoy the game then by their own logic are they not playing the wrong game?

From a purely business standpoint, why alienate customer base and reduce revenue potential by refusing a request in high demand? Especially a request that would have zero impact on those who don't demand it. Wouldn't PVPers enjoy servers with fewer people on it to cause lag and complain about their behaviors? Wouldn't the company enjoy the added revenue of expanding their market share by appealing to more types of players? I see no losing party to this type of request. A board of directors would understand the significance of a 12 percentage point lead in favor of a change, so why can't the developers?

I see some people become aggressive and derogatory towards those who wish to avoid PVP, but what would it hurt them for us to have our own server to play the way we want to and get out of their hair? So called "carebearing" is okay. Hostility toward a different perspective is no way to begin a rational and productive discussion. Keep an open mind folks and hear us out. We're talking about money here. If the company stands to gain more in profits from the expansion of clientele than they lose in the costs of spinning up a new server with a couple config changes and maintaining it, why not give it serious consideration? Ignoring popular demand from your customer base is a business model that invariably falls short of its potential. Something to think about.

QueryEverything, Larly and KikoiK like this.
  3. Todesklinge

Todesklinge Amazonen Valkyrie 61

Its better to raise the EXP reward as limit the game to PvP or PvE only.
    Whats about there is PvE only? Everyone can steal your mobs and you cant do anything against that.

Also PvE only limits the good spots.

4. Helzrayne

Greeting's all, I for one enjoy the PVE, Questing, Exploring simply due to I am a Stroke survivor with only the use of 1 hand, PVP is beyond my capability due to the inability to use macro's, Devices designed for disabled Persons and even the use of software to make easy tasks for non-disabled extremely difficult for our Disabled Community Members, anyways it comes to pvp I get killed a lot out farming, Fishing, gathering, questing, trying to enjoy my day, but comes some pvp person and all I can do is just stand there and let them kill me because I cannot defend against pvp. so my vote is HELL yes to a PVE Server only.
    (Ok insert Flamedown on how I am a Useless piece of s**t excuse for a human here) as you all love to do so very much and I face ingame every day)

QueryEverything likes this.
  5. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Well, most people with more than 2 braincells know for the simple fact you enjoy playing the game but are saddened by the fact that you can't enjoy it with your state of wellbeing. It's really Sh*t and extremely unfair. Most people would just tell you to not play the game because of what it's like and how it caters to people without any disability. (I'd prefer physical over mental because this game is ridden with mental cases).
    It is extremely EASY to make a PvE server. Just drop the exp rate and drop rate down slightly + increase the respawn timer for mobs. Problem solved.
    That way, people on PvE servers won't easily get ahead of those on PvP servers and it is fair.

6. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Not many people think that it Kakao / Pearl Abyss has done it before and they stupidly miss the fact that they can easily tamper with the....

RESPAWN RATES! HURRAY!

All they need to do is lower the exp and drop rate chances by a "FAIR" amount on said "PvE" servers where no killing is allowed and
    also encourage party play (which is what the game should endorse). If they get into a party then the drop rates + exp rates will go back to normal.
    If you're alone and soloing in a grinding / farming spot, you'll be at a disadvantage.

7. Nicci

I'm a little late to this party, but after all 9 pages thus far I don't see the more important issues being adequately addressed. I see some common defenses of PVP pop up... mainly the penalties for PK in terms of karma and that there "is no penalty" for getting killed in PVP -- to which I call a bunch of crap.

It's not a game mechanic that incurs the loss necessarily, but the disruption in gameplay. If you are PLAYING and you get killed... you respawn, yes, and no harm so who cares? You can call friends for support or leave, like so many of you pointed out. However, if you are afk and you get killed, what immediate course of action do you have? Zero. None, nothing. You just lose. I'm a prominent horse trainer and I use my wagon part repairs and horse experience to gauge how much time I've lost from PK's. I have had periods where I went for 4 out of 5 work days (12 hour blocks of horse training we're talking here) where I got AFK-PK'd both during the day while at work, AND at night while asleep, too. I only got a few hours of training for several days. That is most of a solid week of lost gameplay -- and yes, I count that as lost gameplay because that is the way the game was designed. Horses have huge exp and time requirements that make active gameplay leveling horses improvident. In economic terms... the AFK horse training griefing costs me hundreds of millions of silver. To all you people claiming that there is no penalty for the victim, let me reiterate so hopefully it will not be lost in obscurity.

I've lost hundreds of millions of silver to AFK PVP.

By this point, I would estimate that before summer I will have cumulatively lost billions of silver to AFK deaths while horse training. In case anyone reading this thinks "well you didn't lose the horses" know that real economics doesn't work that way. Profit over time is what matters.

Despite all of this, I can't say that I know whether a PVE channel is the right answer or not. Griefing is griefing, and it will just take place in different ways. I only saw one person mention this before, but at the very least there needs to be more avenues for people to play in their own way or better protections for those that don't wish to PVP (and this is ESPECIALLY the case for AFK gameplay). I'm going to make a separate thread with suggestions for horse trainers. My advice to the rest of you trying to defend some aspect of your play experience is to come up with some middle ground or workable alternative.

8. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Asks for pve server - goes to pvp server to farm because the pve one is too crowded.

Srsly find some old Tera topics about doing dailies and farming bams on pve channels. The crying was even more worse than people crying about being pk'd.

9. KikoiK

A PVE server would not affect PVP players at all, other than them not being able to PK people that have absolute no interest in fighting.

I’d argue that this game is NOT PVP centric. There are way too many things to do. Exploring, life skills, races, you name it. If it was all about PVP there would be no karma system (which is the only good thing about PVP, in my opinion and the ONLY deterrent from griefing random folks - even though that isn’t even a deterrent many times.

I refuse to buy crystals bec of the potential to lose them - not to mobs which would be fine - but to a jerk that will randomly kill me, just because. The many voices of entitlement condemning anyone who requests a PVE server are just that- entitled folks that are threatened by something that is an absolute non - threat - unless you just like PKing people and forcing your gameplay style on others.

I want to get good gear not to PVP, but just because I want to get better at PVE and faster. I could care less about PVP and will never build a PVP set. And I love this game, which gets considerable amounts of money from me.

A PVE server would be a Non-issue. It would only diversify playstyles and cater to more than just one audience.

This whole “you played the wrong game” is more entitlement. If I enjoy most of the game, that does not mean it is unable to improve - that’s how life works. Things aren’t static. They evolve, and this would be just that.

If you see the creation of a PVE server as a huge deal, you are probably either very entitled or a PK griefer. The game could only benefit from giving more options for people to play how they want.

Nicci and OldWolfe like this.
  10. KeeperG

Yes, get these karma bombers off regular channels

11. RP Tzuyu

pve only.... why? so u can grind peacefully??? without any high gears flagging u??? well, they still 1 shot waveclear the rotation like any other channels, andu cant even contest

Tansie likes this.
  12. Kuzma Volkov

That's why you'd party up. I know it's a hard concept in this game, as so many of you are loners and anti social. The Valentines event proved this with all that letter trade spam. Sooo many people with out friends or guildmates to send stuff to. You think this is the first time a game had PVE?

MMOs that have PVE Servers:
    World of Warcraft, EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers, Everquest, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 14, Secret World, Secret World Legends, Elder Scrolls Online, Champions Online, DC Universe, City of Heroes and Villains, Global Agenda, RIFT, Atlantica Online, Drakensang Online, Dragons Prophet, Dungeon and Dragons Online, Fire Fall, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings online, Mabinogi, Marvel Heroes, Neverwinter, Phantasy Star Online, Priston Tale, Ragnarok Online, Runes Of Magic, Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, Star Trek Online, Star Wars the old republic, Vanguard, Wildstar, etc

Dark Fall died twice and is on it's third leg, Dark Fall is the pillar of PvP and look how poorly it has survived.. Shadowbane a pioneer in PvP MMO's only lasted 6 years.

PvE server games don't kill games. They keep them alive for a long ass time. Everquest at this point should be taken around back and shot for how long it has managed too survive. It is the oldest MMO still alive and kicking. Still making money. Still getting updates. Still getting expansions.

Know what tends to die off in games? PvP. Hardly anyone PvP's in Everquest 1 or 2, not even battle pets; even though they sell way too well. PvP died in wildstar rather quick. Dark Age couldn't even survive without pve. PvP tends to be the reason people get their stuff nerfed to the ground which tends to make people want to quit.. Because rarely can a dev team balance PvE and PvP.

This game is a glaringly good example of that. Only a few classes are meaningful for pvp. Yet they have a dozen to choose from. Oh there's a mystic or a striker? Better not piss them off!

90% of OWPvPers just like ganking for the sake of greifing and then they run off crying calling all sorts of foul, cheating and unfairness when that persons guild comes by to shoo them off. Maybe one or two will say at the very least Well played. None of them want a fight or a fun fight. Because that means they could... LOSE... OH MAH GAWD! Actual risk of death for them on the first encounter! Now if everyone that didn't care for PvP joined a PvE server... Guess what. There would be more skillfull players on the PvP server. Which means more fights being fair, lasting longer than 3 seconds because your prey isn't fighting mobs oblivious to you completely. But again. the Average PvPer doesn't want that. Because they all have a Napoleon complex.

Lavrenil, Lludd, KikoiK and 1 other person like this.
  13. Capitaine Courage

You can't lose crystals in PvP.

Such set doesn't exist.
    BIS is BIS in this game.

Learn what you're playing befaore making revendications.

Open world implementation is exactly what killed Global Agenda.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

if they make pve servers, they should be totally different and not connected to pvp ones. let them have their fun running afk horses in peace but dont give them the ability to change their mind about wanting to pvp after a year of afking and getting gear. fair is fair.

15. Strycer

Strycer Kunoichi 61 EU

Agree.

P.S:
    For those whining about a Grinspot due to PVP or Griefers, have fun in ur only PVE Environment being outgrinded by a 550GS Musa and not able to do anything about that.
    No "calling guildleader lvl 61 550GS mystic or witch" anymore there.

16. Kuzma Volkov

No HiRez being **** is what killed their game. It was open world from the start. They stopped working on it for Smite and Tribes. Tribes they gave up once smite became their main money maker. Maybe play the games before you make your <french word here "claims."/>

PS... Stick to one language at a time man...

Again dude. Not an issue in every god damn MMO. It's called not being anti social. I know it's a hard concept for most of you on this game.

17. Capitaine Courage

No, there was no openworld at the beginning of Global Agenda, the game was not PvE focused (there were only missions and they were lame anyways).
    I started the game since the betas at the end of 2009. There was no openworld at that time and the game was B2P, with an optional sub for AvA.
    Openworld came with the second part of Sandstorm, mid 2010, then the game became F2P in 2011 with Free Agent
    Learn your history.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/hi-rez-fleshes-out-their-plans-for-global-agenda-includes-open/

http://globalagenda.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.35

#177 Capitaine Courage, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  18. LogicaI

XD Add a pve server and you know whats going to happen? All the pvpers with no one to kill will go there and purposefully grind ontop of you until you go back to pvp servers lol!

19. Aposlaw

Very bad idea, game that is grind oriented won't work without open-world PvP. How would you handle spot ownage? There will be hundreds of people grinding on the same spot and noone can do anything about that. "Leave my spot because... damn...".

Tansie likes this.
  20. RP Tzuyu

dawg, i played p2w pve mmorpg game before, that game allowed pve as soon as u hit lv 10,