1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a PVP game where they nerf PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Perisher, May 27, 2018.

1. Perisher

I am finding it difficult to understand how a game company believes that decisions made by strategy managers on the direction of a pvp game whereby the nerfing of PVP is somehow acceptable?

It seems to me they are moving further and further away form an equilibrium between classes and from exciting PVP platform, to a more PVE focused and money grabbing model.

Asami and Blackhearted like this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

They've been going the way of getting more casual and less hardcore pvp oriented for quite some time already.
    XBox release is not far away and the current combat system makes it difficult to play with a gamepad, thus they need to make it easier (also appeals to more casual players).

3. Nyhver

^

anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand how skill works or the changes

4. bongokongo

this game never had rly PVP lol... or you mean 1-2 two hrs nodewar a week PVP?

5. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Depends on how much PVP you look for. There is PVP if you look for it. If you are a beta that walks away from a grind spot, if someone walks into it, then yea you prolly don't get any.

6. Catastigma

Pvp full combo are definitly more no-brain that the direction that PA go actualy.

My Valk was completly playable with macro for full protect combo rotation. all i have to do is manage the combo grap, and if sucess. just press one buttom for destroy my opponante.

Before i was completly possible to jumps on a punch fo 20 opponante and survive without any effort. now is not anymore possible you get instant rekt like is supose to be..

Otrsor likes this.
  7. Tradis

This post's title makes no sense whatsoever.

You can't nerf PVP as a whole.

If you want to underline that the PVP damage or protection against CC in PVP, you may describe the meta as being less aggressive or otherwise focused, but that would not be a nerf to PVP.

These changes, taking place across the board, may alter the balance or change the meta, but since they affect everyone pretty much without discrimination, the nerf in question only exists relative to what classes used to be... and is this a real nerf?

Unless you encounter a 9 patch old mystic, the answer is no. The frame of reference being pre-patch is fallacious since you can't run into pre-patch classes anymore. The new frame of reference ought to be classes you may face and since everyone suffered the same treatment, a balance change is a more apt description than one of nerf, although certain classes did dip further than others which is arguably a nerf for them (and not for PVP as a whole).

Now, I understand the shift detailed in the upcoming patch to be a reduction of CC causing skills, meaning less skill will be able to cause CC. Combined with first hit CC and reduction of protected skills, the skill ceiling for PVP BDO is actually increasing, because CC application has to be more deliberate and CC protection has to be carefully selected as a counter, compared to a full combo of CC immunity against a rapid-fire of CC abilities.

TL;DR Agreement with the post's title is incorrect, grammatically and factually.

8. jangalangz

Shouldn't admit to multi-key press macro's =P

9. Catastigma

like a 144hz monitor. why I should have remorse used something that gives me an advantage / avoided error.
    144hz monitor is completly Increase your damage by 100%. no joke

especially because of the Desync. it often happens that the skill does not bind itself like is supose. such Sacrum does and Verdict.

it remains that there was absolutely no skill to have before. it's hogwash, the game was no-brain, no matter the class. one see the combos understood and memorized, there was only a grap or a Desync to kill you.

10. Kuu

Kuu

It makes people relearn a gameplay, and some people can't get pass that fact they will never get back their glory days. It's much the same in pve, when people keep thinking of their silver/xp per hour a month ago vs today. Can't get past that fact that everything downgraded, even if downgraded equally.

While you can say making everyone slower and more risky, has created a boon for ninjas and their stealth, that's a far less OP mechanic (due to it haven't been in a direct nerf) then the previous meta.

A ninja coming out of steath to attack people has far less potential kill rate then a wizard double teleport 100% the entire line. At least the ninja only manages to kill 1 or 2 people if the gear is there, and still susceptible to being counter attacked.

11. bob349

Is this when you stopped whining that Valks were the worst class in the game? When you started macroing? rofl

12. Catastigma

Since the AP scaling buff in january. When this **** was release i competly blow up my gear with a Tet roulette cause Valkyrie become boring to play.

anyway macro is useless now. Combo is not anymore a safe think. When you are unprotect the majority of the time. we have only situational skill now.

#12 Catastigma, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. Arzurag

Currently, the changes made it possible for me to experience the pvp in this game.
    No 100% protection besides block anymore, no cc-chains anymore, I simply like it.

Now the only thing that I don't like is the renown score, such should give less offensive stats and more defensive ones, in addition to exponentially decreasing stats the higher you get, in order to balance it out between opponents, where one just has enough gs for the next stage, and the other doesn't. (It is insane how most fights in the tournaments are. Still, cc into oneshot. I want fights, brawling, clash of equal players, real competition, instead I get boring oneshot-fiesta)

Overall, these changes make pvp more enjoyable for me due increased simplicity, whilst still keeping the need for proper usage of your class's skills.

Now, my wish for further changes would be reworks for all classes to give each an unique identity and a toned down scaling. Some might be against such change, babbling about their effort or git-gud, but in my opinion the possibility of equal fights should be the highest priority of the devs, thus I even want degrade removed, making enhancing easier but who am I demanding such changes ?

14. Khouda

I agree with Perisher, these changes aren't something I would agree with.

15. Pallas Athene

spend no cent in pearlshop till they change that carebaerbullshit!!!

Blackhearted likes this.
  16. AsyaTheBoatKing

This game stopped to be a pvp game after the steam release when they nerfed the karma system where you only can kill 2 player now before going red. This game stopped to be a pvp game long ago.

17. Ribbit

I went three weeks straight where I did absolutely nothing but PVP. 1v1's, 1vSeverals, Small Scale, Large Scale... an insane amount of pvp. Probably 18 or 20 hours of nothing but pvp. And I wasn't even looking for some of it, it just came to me. The game has always had pvp.

Until now that is, carebear syndrome is running rampant and the Devs are assfucking the game into oblivion.