1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A suggestion to Fix the Market Sniping Bots.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Peek, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peek

Ever wonder why usually everyone is sniped hella fast on the Pearl Shop in the Market? or how some items are just straight up perma-sniped if they have value. Well here recently, I came back into the game only to realize that its nearly impossible to find items and older friends that played the game told me there are Market Sniping Bots. I was thinking of a way to fix it but maybe it is more simpler than we know it. If there was a way to implement a captcha code just like any other things however implement that on any item that you want to purchase. I feel that if we had a captcha code that was randomized every time could possibly be not be read by bots and then our market botting problem is solved. Also let's get rid of pre-ordering. I feel everyone would have an equal chance if they had to be at the market place to watch a sell go down.

Let's make this market great.

2. Lynching

A captcha code was already in the game, but it didn't stop these "Market sniping bots". This rng bid system works better than the captcha code we had before.

Ryo, RoakOriginal and Hakazumi like this.
  3. Optionals

We used to have captcha, but market bots are advanced enough to circumvent that anyway. Nothing will change without the banhammer for suspicious activity.

4. elephantgrey

There used to be market bots at launch, even the MP did used to use a captcha (which was really hard to read).
    They then added the bidding system, which works by taking a list of everyone that bids on the item, and picks one of them through RNG. That person gets the item. This removed the need for a captcha (thankfully), as anyone that bids has the same chance of getting the item.

5. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

Let it stay the way it is now, even if only a little, it's still better than is was some time ago.

Bots will be here forever anyway, no matter what devs'll do.

Lynching likes this.
  6. Peek

Well as people of the community there needs to be more of a wide solution to the problem. And the only thing I can think of the "RNG" thing is if theres multiple bots your chances of getting anything are a good 1/300 chance. Maybe even more. From what I have heard from rumors this Market Bot probably easily hits around 1000 players. As a community we should be thinking of ways to fix it instead of sitting back and saying "We need bans" because that would be a lot harder to spot without an actual update on protection. Maybe implement something else that does a random check to see if there is anything suspicious is going on. Normally when keys are being used you have to press a button. There could be a detection thing that makes it to where if you're not pressing an actual input but something else, it could detect it.

7. elephantgrey

I dont see how having multiple bots on multiple accounts would help you get an item, as you couldnt trade the item between the accounts. And if your doing that, why use bots in the first place? just click the bid button yourself. Bots wouldnt save you time.

8. Spartakatz

The problem is in the bid system.

Basically everything would be fine, if you could bid on an item, and if you win, be able to buy it. period.

But at the moment it's like this: tons of items, but nobody can buy because of "minimum price". even if you win bids, you can't buy it. then you wait until bid phase is over, where the market bots are dominating everything again.

Same applies to stacks, where market bots always just buy 1 item, which means the rest of the stacks also goes to market snipe bots 99% of the time.

9. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

complains about botting when you lose, lol

10. Tazmanyak

Your sugestions sounds like nonsense to me Let me develop, and pls consider this is not agressive ^^

Removing preorder ? Lol... why would you wnt something like that ? You badly want something ? Just put enough money on it, get it, enjoy it.
    About the captcha, others already told you that was ingame before, and that was just totally useless. This is surprising that your friends that play game for long didnt tell you that... or that you dont even know that, as the new bid system is not that recent.
    And finally, "market sniping bots" is just the basic wrong assumption of your post. There is just like 40k players playing in the evenings, just on steam... i suppose there is like 150k ? or more players total during primetimes. No need for bots to understand than, just because of the number of players, hundreds of us will want the exact same item as you do. Resulting on items being all insta-sniped.

Back in captcha days, there was already legends artound sniping bots. Sadly, i was able to snipe livertos (when they were as rare as a dandelion today...) then kzarkas, boss stuff, and even cash shop items like value packs and livertos.
    No way i, colorblind human person, can manage to snipe an item faster than a bot. And do that multiple times.
    Please, stop that nonsense. There is nothing like market sniping bots, and if there is, they are ineffective.

Just play by the rules, keep biding, thousands of us do and dont complain :)

11. Tidariusz

1. People think it's ALWAYS market bots, when it's actually tactics that can help snipe something instant.
    2. Yes there is bots, this game have done HELLA LOT to prevent bots in any kind, fixed market prices, auto-fishing, auto-riding, afk-lifeskilling etc, all this to prevent botting, and most important of all maybe, NO TRADING!.

- There will ALWAYS, NO MATTER WHAT, be cheaters who wanna cheat, if not, there was no reason for millions and millions of hired law officers, lawyers, judges and on goes the list.

There is NO game where people don't cheat, and the only one to stop the cheating is the game designer themselves and the willingness to put money into fixing this unfixable solution. I think BDO is doing a good job already and I don't think they're gonna invest a single penny into a more sophisticated anti-cheat system.

Hakazumi likes this.
  12. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

One guy from my 2nd guild I joined said once when we were chatting (just 2 of us) that he created one bot for marketplace (he works in IT support).
    It just clicks bid buttons when they show up, it's exactly the as he would do it himself with the difference that it bids even when he's afk.
    His bot is nothing more than one click out of hundreds other clicks and it got the same rng chance like the others to win the bid.

13. Peek

You can play the market. Marketing can make you plenty of money in a matter of minutes. If there was a bot that was just ripping the market when it saw a price go low then it would buy it up. Then replace the same item at a higher value. That is how marketing works. You buy low, you sell high. You make profit. You control the market. That is why we have a market that is controlled by the admins as well to prevent the market from crashing.

@GamePois0n be constructive, not arrogant.

@Tazmanyak currently this is only a suggestion. There will always be good suggestions and bad ones. I care about the game and coming back to hear what I did hear from various sources was disheartening. It is a known case that there are at least around 1000 people. How do I know? there are people who have plenty of curiousity.

In short, If anyone wants to get it fixed, its not only the dev's jobs to get something done. It's also the people. The people need to be willing to use the suggestion thread for what it was used for. If you're willing to co-operate and are willing to get more ideas out there. That would be amazing and a plus for the community.

Tazmanyak likes this.
  14. Tidariusz

Peek, it actually sounds like you don't play the game. Read these sentences again: If there was a bot that was just ripping the market when it saw a price go low then it would buy it up. Then replace the same item at a higher value. That is how marketing works. You buy low, you sell high. You make profit. You control the market. - And ask yourself, why does this NOT work in BDO?

- before you sell yourself short as an idiot, stop replying already.

15. Peek

Look, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't. I made this thread to get some ideas out there instead of just sitting back and watching the fireworks. I am not however going to sit quietly when I know it's a problem. Considering I used to play this game before you even bought the game, I remember the captcha codes. I remember them adding pre-orders. Call me out for not playing the game when my account clearly states I got it back in February of 2016.

Let's get back on topic shall we? thanks.

16. Peek

I agree with this, I kinda wanted to highlight this statement because that is basically how it's working. It just seems like multiple bids can just be placed and then theres no actual gain from it because its bought up instantly. like I don't know how the bidding system works 100% because im a returning player however this is hella frustrating and I know there is people out there willing to fix it or give ideas.

17. Lynching

If you get "Failed to purchase item" or "Item already sold" means you lost the lottery. I've seen items go away instantly and 5 ~ 10 secs after the bidding result button came up.

Just because you're frustrated that the marketplace rng isn't carrying you, doesn't mean it have to be bots. I've been trying to get boss gear since the start of june. You don't see me making a forum thread and blaming bots because I don't get any items.

Hakazumi likes this.
  18. Tazmanyak

Well, sorry to come back, and still disagree... you topic is about marketplace bots and adding a captcha, and make market great again.
    Sadly
    1. the market was never great. BDO has one of the most stupid, poorest marketpalce feature seen in mmo. All about rng, fixed prices, and they even "select" what rare cash shop items can be sold for silvers...
    2. the bid system maybe improved it, globally, even if in the end i prefered the captcha. Cause i was fast at captcha, and could currently really snipe items cause i was good at it, not just because of luck. So, yeah, maybe, lets go captcha again.
    3. lot of players ocmplained of bots when there was the captcha. Captcha didnt prevent bots. Sadly, as a human could win the captcha race over a "maybe bot", this seems to prove (at least to me) that there was no bots
    4. a script that mimics mouse moves and clicks is a poor bot. can be good to snipe one kind of item for a few hours without any kind of control... this wont make you rich.
    5. so, in the end, as already stated, if there was really market bots, the intellignet ones, that carefully snipe cheap items and sell them max, have ability to play with mp variations, then lets be honest, that would definitly be known, and advertised ingame as the fishers bots are :p

In the end, yes there is lot of room to improve the market. First, they should fix the issues with searches stunlocking your computer from main menu/
    Then, they should remove preorders, yes, and make ALL ITEMS hidden secret bids.
    We should be able to register items in the deals, with the same rules.
    Finally, they should allow ALL cash shop items to be sold.

Took me around 4 months to snipe all my boss items from the market. That is the 4 armors + 4 weapons. And that is also without any preorder, and just on +0 stuff.
    Now, i know i would build around 1B silvers, and try to snipe up to III :)

Hakazumi likes this.
  19. Peek

You're the type of guy who sits in the corner at a school dance and waits for something to go down. Instead of thinking of logical ways to be a part of something that is a clear problem. The problem is clear that there is actual botting going on. And you can bot even while afking. I would say 300-1000 is a huge number to be worried of. Knowing that, I wanted to make a thread.

Did I ever say make the market great again? no, I said make the market "great". Does that also mean a market is going to be perfect? no, never.

Truthfully, id rather say, screw the market make it free market and allow players to trade with one another in the game. Or just allow that capability anyway. The ability to trade to one and another. Honestly this current market does have around 300-1000 bots active. Not sure if all at one time or not but if the case was even 100 on at a time, rip the market.

What is the one way to get something done? talk about it. Get ideas out there. While yes there could be multiple ways something could or would not work. There is a way to fix it.

Also fishing bots are also insane. I heard they can make over a billion silver per week.

EDIT: honestly im done with this thread, im just going to join everyone else in the corner and watch the party die as we are all withering in the corner where no one wants to step out of. There isn't enough constructive posts for me to care for this thread anymore. It's literally a bunch of edgy people who would rather sit back and act like the grass is green.

#19 Peek, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  20. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

the color is really triggering me, if you got something to complain, start learning korean and do it on their forum because nothing will get done here

Hakazumi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.