1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very mysterious summer...It makes all the sense!

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Elan, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Elan

Dear diary,
    Today, I went at the big beach party, to get drunk and watch others dance (because for some reason I just can't seem to be able to do it) .

Upon reaching the festival grounds, I noticed Alustin standing in the entryway, dressed in his usual robes (and probably shedding ungodly amounts of sweat, with the sun and all) and told me he wanted me to find some alchemy thingiemajie , apparently super important and dangerous, but other than the fact there are 8 (9?) of them he didn't have any info...He suggested I try to ask the random drunk and possibly high, party-people there for clues about this ancient macguffin. Poor old man probably had a sunstroke...or is going senile...

Spoke to a drunk dwarf who told me he wanted to host a barbeque - a proper one with BEEF! Had none on me (obviously!) so I thought I'd go to Olvia and buy some, since they got cattle there. No dice. Not only they never, ever slaughter cattle for meat, they also enchanted their cows somehow to be immune to the effects of blades! My sword passed right through them harmlessly! To make matters worst, my butler told me that the central market was experiencing an unprecedented shortage of beef. Now I just gotta have that BBQ, so I headed to Mediah to hunt some bisons (they are also cows right?).

Got the beef! The dwarf-whatshisname- was very happy and ever more drunk than last time and told me about that one time he gave food to a mysterious traveler guy heading to Serendia. Dunno what that has to do with anything. Abit later I found a leaflet of a travel guide to Serendia on the ground, apparently torn from BDO Codex weekly, my favorite publication! It mentioned this spectacular pile of rocks that every traveler just HAD to see! No clue how I missed that all those times I visited Serendia , but I must rectify that at once!

The rock pile is truly majestic! It's missing something though... Oh! I know, a roughly cut ruby, if inserted in the center of the pile, will reflect sunlight in a gorgeous manner! I am a genius!

And clumsy...In trying to jam the gemstone in the pile I caused it to collapse by accident...The future generations will never know the glory of that rock pile due to me...I am sad, more so than at that one time I tried to jam two filthy Ogre rings together and ended up breaking them both...The silver lining in the story? There were no witnesses to my crime against natural beauty.

A passage appeared where the pile once stood proudly...Must investigate inside...Perhaps there are more and even more glorious rock piles inside! Oh, I may yet be redeemed!

(To be continued, maybe)

2. Andaro

Ambassador

Very nice to read ^_^ will be waiting for the next installment!

3. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Off topic much???

4. WinterMilla

oh quiet you.

Fun read OP

5. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

If you move one, you should move all.
    But I see it’s already been moved ;)

6. Elan

Pt 2.

The cave is much more mundane that expected... While it does have a nice creek and small waterfall inside, it is ruined by the remnants of the camp of some vagabond, complete with traces of the latrine he used. The...incriminating evidence... have long since disappeared by the smell lingers on for some reason.Disgusting.

After examining the waterfall a bit, I decided to take a second look at the abandoned campsite, just in case something of value was left behind. A few pages torn of a journal, were all that was there. The rock pile blocking the entrance really did wonders in preserving them.While their proximity to the makeshift latrine made pretty obvious why they have been torn off, they were unused, so I took a quick read.

Well...I'll be damned.The random, nameless vagabond apparently had the ancient thingmajie, the "Fire essence" old man Alustin wanted me to find in the first place!. What are the odds? Probably more likely to get one of the big prizes off Shakatu's lottery boxes (still not certain that the greedy bastard isn't cheating us all). It is almost as if some strange written fate is guiding me. How else can this chain of coincidences be explained?

The vagabond apparently took the essence to a place where there is always fire, in order to "hide fire within fire"... Why didn't he just bury it deep on some random location , or throw in in the ocean is beyond me. Raking my brain a little, I thought of a probable place. Omar cave in central Mediah. There is plenty of fire there, it is relatively close and there is no entry fee (homeless vagabond, remember?) or difficult climb.

After entering the cave and taking a sharp turn right, I noticed a spot in the lava pools where flames were jumping out. Upon closer inspection, what looks to be a big box is just below the surface. Not the best hiding spot...to put it mildly. Without thinking I jumped into the pool (of lava) to retrieve the box!

[​IMG]

(To be continued, maybe...Also sorry for posting in the wrong place -never really browsed the forums much- and thanks for moving it )

Edit: To not be continued. Water was ok-ish, Forest was so random that I can't even begin to think of what to make fun of first (seriously without a guide/datamine how would that be even possible?) and metal is outright sadistic. The rewards ain't worth it and this isn't funny or fun any longer, in any way, shape or form.This quest chain is not "difficult", it is just broken.

#6 Elan, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Illuminescence likes this.
  7. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 63

we need a part 3 I demand a part3!

Alrikmerc likes this.