1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Shai

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Iskras, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Iskras

Hello everyone

When PA launched Shai, currently my main char - because I really love this class and absolutely everything that surrounds it - PA might have thought that Shai, like all other classes, is also vulnerable to so-called 'players kills'. .

Unfortunately not all players are sensitive to the fact that Shai is a 'support' class and not a - currently - competitive class for solo PVP in the open world.

Shai needs better DPS, better defense and better self-heal. Skills to 'stunt' include.

In the context

Shai and her 'lore' - it's a child at best and honestly ... it doesn't appeal to me at all to see vulnerable children walking around the world without even being able to defend themselves efficiently (alias, like everyone else). classes.

Lillekolibri and zhagsten like this.
  2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Play a different class if you do not like the skills the shai has.

NoisyBoy likes this.
  3. Iskras

No, i LOVE the Shai and i ll still playing her. At last, I can suggest things here, let remember you.

#3 Iskras, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    zhagsten and hightech like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You can ask but they have made the shai the way that they want her to be and although they may make a few changes I doubt that they will give you what you would like.
    If you love her so much why does she need to be different?

5. Törni

Your suggestion is simply against the basic design principles PA is experimenting with in case of shai. They told everyone from the very beginning, that shai is meant to be a lifeskilling class, with strong supporting abilities.Not meant for pvp - at least not for 1v1.

I don't see how the developers could help individuals, who are still trying to force this class into a role, which wasn't meant for her ever.

NoisyBoy and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Amirite

Shai is a not finish on the skills side yet. A long the road in 2019 and forward, there will be more added to that class. That's what the dev's said. Try look at the update notes when and after Shai was released here in NA/EU.

Iskras likes this.
  7. Iskras

Firstly

Shai and his story lore enchant any more sensitive player. I went back to playing BDO because I saw sense in this class for me, for personal reasons, they remind my children when they are young: happy, creative, haughty. This is something - this identification - that is beyond game.

I like Shai skills, outfits (always cheerful, bright colors, etc). I just think PA could think of skills that would protect Shai more in Open World.

One idea would be to give her a power called 'Earth Core strength' (creates an earth crust encased in her unbreakable in every way, preventing any damage, whether from players or NPCs. During this time, Shai is prevented from using any skills. , but opens to her the possibility of reporting to a 'safe zone').

Remembering

Shai is a support class, not a class intended for PVP open World.

Oh, ty for the info, lovelly!

Lillekolibri, zhagsten and Maginha like this.
  8. Iskras

I dont find nothing about 'news' to Shai along 2019 and 2020 :/

9. Amirite

Maybe some news in today's patch will come. I am not sure when they're going to announce some news about Shai and a lot I think, is waiting for hearing some news.

Right know, Shai is missing a lot of things and all we can do is wait.
    At the same time they launch the new Life Skill system, so there might go longer time...

Iskras likes this.
  10. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

11. nolasigns

https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...tem-and-the-great-sea-will-arrive-this-summer

I'll try and assume this isn't saying they begun fapping .
    Seems like they flooded us with standby content they were finally free to do, just not finished. If some of the stuff I was discovering in the shai's combat systems (probably by mistake) ever comes to being a permanent feature, I think many people would enjoy it.

12. Azu_Raged

I read somewhere that someone said Shai was actually 30 years old. Lol, not sure troll or not. I never play shai , but they heal is incredible from what I read. You think this class will over powered if it can heal allies for thousands and be able to output damage .. idk

13. Sumea

Shai is a Support and lifeskill class.
    Her heals are fine with the passive HP recovery. She has one of the highest HP of all class and a huge HP buff on top of that. She should be played full DP.
    She can debuff the enemy really hard with slows and the - crit rate.
    The thing she can't really do is killing other players cause she is just a support.

You could get a not support class with ap gear and just tag it to the Shai and switch if you get PvP.

14. Sean

Sean Shai 60 NA

I like Shai and how she plays. I just hate playing females in games.

BOY SHAI WHEN

15. Thranduil

If you don't want to pvp ask for war protection to your clan leader, as for the pvp for spot just karma bomb since you can't fight back with a Shai.

16. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i love shai as she is...
    if you want a dps class go play one
    shai is support and shouldnt be touched

17. Iskras

- 99% of the time Shai need live in a open world, this its the fact. And no, Shai its NOT a support class yet (Witcher heal better; The Shai Skills get a LONG coldown yet). I have one, of corse, Full tet, Kutum (pve). PVE, ok, Shai is lovelly... at someone appear in your spot or local where you are doing something...

"She can debuff" - WHAT? -_-

Cant stunt, cant 'grab', cant do nothing in really, and PRIDE to the group dont target you. Stop talk non sense!

I talk with a friend from South korea, nothing at this moment.

'no' what?

#17 Iskras, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
  18. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Her debuffs are in the talent tree, I thought you said you played Shai?

19. nolasigns

She has a debuff in RMB- as well.

Should have a pull and a push as well, never see it proc. They've been chopping at her pre-talent for some time. Experimenting I suppose, but the direction they're going is boring to say the least.