1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute Freeze

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Beld, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Beld

Anyone ever tried to test things with this spell?
    I never did understand why the developers priced freeze spell ranks so high in the past and then when they made absolute spells they priced the absolute freeze at 40 SP even though it doesn't even lower the cooldown.

I am wondering if maybe the absolute version has some huuuge hit box or just anything to justify its price.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

freeze spells are dead in current cc rulings. they can be useful in specific situations but generally they need a rework imho.

as for absolute freeze price, it was justified before when ccs were applied on every hit of the spell i guess., as it got more hits than normal freeze (5 vs 3), making it land more.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  3. Epsilonial

Freeze used to be the only saving grace for the Witch/Wizard classes in 1v1s, and the damage increase meant quite a bit for various reasons (Such as hit # used to be relevant to CC application).

Now it doesn't mean much. Absolute definitely isn't necessary.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. FunkD

Freeze not so much, but Frigid Fog is definitely is for the CD reduction and being a skill with both SA and CC.

Frigid Fog/Earthquake/Meteor are definitely priority Absolutes, especially for Wizard CC (not so much Witch who's awakening kit CC isn't FUBAR since the changes).

5. Epsilonial

I haven't really seen any wizard using frigid fog to any major degree since the rework, and Wizard's CC kit is far superior to the Witch CC kit at the moment, due to their superior Rabaam and grab.

Usually if people need a CC/SA extension in staff they use EQ->Light/Speed Quake. You're unlikely to get a catch with Frigid Fog, or EQ for that matter, but EQ has a CC on it, and Light Quake has the slow, which is extremely effective as it stacks with the Awakening slow.

6. Mana_Mafia

I rely on Frigid Fog a lot as a Witch, but I hardly ever use Absolute Freeze at all anymore since the CC rework.

The skill is as dead and useless as magical evasion.

7. Epsilonial

I tend to use lightning quake more then I use fog anymore since I got the SP for the lightning quake. The slow on the quake seems to be more effective in reducing damage then the chance for a freeze. I use Freeze simply because it's a ranged staff catch and sometimes works out while WF is on cd.

8. Mana_Mafia

I use EQ and Swift EQ very frequently, much more than fog.

I fall back on fog a lot while fighting Sorcs and Ninjas. I think you'll find you can catch them semi-regularly between i-frames with it.

9. Epsilonial

Yeah I use the regular EQ for that catch, as I can EQ->Lightning quake->Aad transition with TP. Plus if I catch with EQ, I'm close enough for a dagger stiff transition most of the time.

10. Mana_Mafia

Ah. I've never used dagger stab before. I plan on investing into it after maxing out chain lightning.

Not sure how good it is.

11. WhySoSeeryus

But if u r close enough for dagger means it probably better to use earth response and then try to combo off float

12. Epsilonial

Dagger is just what I have absolute. ER is interesting, but I have it locked and unleveled because it's not very easy for me. Plus using dagger as the second CC means even if EQ doesn't catch, you still utilize a stiff as opposed to a float for a 3 part CC chain into awakening. Most classes are in melee anyways, so the range difference between fog, EQ and dagger is a bit moot.

13. WhySoSeeryus

stiff(eq) into float (er) into kd (aqua or rabam) then attemtps on downsmash(fb expl/aqua bomb flow) is good as well (ofc with fillers in between). :)

14. Epsilonial

Yep they all work, just different strokes for different folks.