1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquiring T9 items

Discussion in 'Guides' started by FluffyQuack, Oct 25, 2017.

1. FluffyQuack

Nope. Nothing happens to the T8 whenever you fail. And you can still use your T8 without affecting the courser training.

Edit: Whoops, I was very late replying to your message.

You need to add materials until you reach 200% in courser training. You can only ever add up to 100% in one category, so you'll need to add materials of at least 2 categories in total.

The shards are using for getting one awakening stone (I can't remember the name of it), and you need one of those for each attempt.

For more information on how the awakening process works, check this guide: https://community.blackdesertonline...ystem-and-pegasus-awakening-tier-9-guide.209/

Loz_Bjorn and Taj like this.
  2. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

Better late than never mate ;)

Conflama likes this.
  3. Loz_Bjorn

Another great guide !
    i was following that too !!!
    but when i see your videos i didnt see u using that "wakening" stone and here u talk about that. thats why i get lost ;D

So u save it in your inventory and just put the material like in the videos ?
    (still saving mats to do my first try)

4. Hada

I've seen your videos and i aint about that life, f T9s horses, my donkey still works but thanks @FluffyQuack

Stillwaters likes this.
  5. FluffyQuack

Yeah, you just need the item in your inventory.

6. crosspath

Nice guide!

I would try to get a T9 as a challenge, but wasting a T8 courser just to throw money at Cashkao again to reroll skills in an even bigger skill pool horse is a big no-no for me.

Good luck everyone!

Conflama likes this.
  7. FluffyQuack

Manshaums got a huuuuuge nerf in today's patch. Instead of being one of the toughest enemy types in Kamasylvia, they're now one of the weakest. I'll update the guide later with some new numbers as the Manshaum dailes are extremely easy to do now.

Edit: Updated guide.

#27 FluffyQuack, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Milinia and Conflama like this.
  8. Shinee

Thank you for this hint, I have until now skip this two dailys. (and thank for this guide)
    I should even expand my farming, have only six 4-slots farm until now. The cheapest from contribute points aspect is to get 4-slots farm until you have your max ten farming slots. Then, afterward you have more contribution points to spent, change the 4-spots to bigger.

About the crop. Use that type of crop than work for your time. I visit my farm every morning and every evening. So I use little slower crops (Strawberry), because I don't want have them to 200% until I harvest them. I skip even the worker on the farm, because if the worker clean the crops they mature to fast then and go up to 200% before I can harvest them.The side effect of that is that you need to clean them, but the cleaning is the way you get Farming xp. It's up to you how your gaming time is, adapt your different opportunities thereafter.

I think a good goal is to have farming-mats and the other mats so I can do one attempt per week. That without do any bids from MP, because this mats is realy realy expensive to preorder (over 5M ech, last time I try). For that I need use 100 Crone Stone, and it's easy to get 100M each week.

I think about the statistic. If it's 3% chance to success, then it's 1 of 33 attempt you success. That can be the first attempt, or the thirty-third, one of them. In the theory is the average the sixteenth or seventeenth. But that all about statistic thinking.

#28 Shinee, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  9. FluffyQuack

First of all, you're getting your math a bit wrong here. If the success rate is 3%, the overall average between everyone doing attempts is that they'll get 1 T9 for every 33 attempts, but it doesn't mean that every single person will get one within 33 attempts.

Let's go with a simple example. Rolling a die and getting a six has a 1/6 (16.67%) chance of happening. If you roll the die 6 times, it doesn't mean you'll always get at least one six. Every time you roll the die 6 times, you might get zero sixes or several of them. On average you'll get 1 six for every 6 rolls, but you'll only see that pattern if you do it a lot.

Secondly, expecting to hit the average based on personal experience is a sure way to get disappointed (unless you go for 10+ T9s). That's the kind of average you'd only see in tracked attempts between the community, like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sjlW6ULWbLb6Kr21-K60BezDDD6RuxEITMi2ORlaGT8/

Kamasylvia part 1 is getting old enough that we're seeing some people reach scaringly high attempt counts. For instance, there's two people who have hit 30 and 32 attempts (neither managed to get a T9). And they also have another thing in common: they're both angry as heck. This is the same thing you see a lot with high end enchanting in the game. They go for TET/PEN multiple times, expect a success, and rage when it fails, potentially leaving the game afterwards.

I mentioned this in the guide but I really think it's worth emphasizing: you should always expect a fail with every single attempt you do, even if you have a high attempt count.

LunarLight, Sidina and Bonita like this.
  10. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

I have been horse training from pretty much the launch of the game. I have even had a period of time where I quit the game and was only AFK horse training for about 5-6 months. This made me get roughly about 40 T6+T7 horses of level 30 and 1 T8 horse that I made a courser (With pearls mind you). So I had a T8 courser way before T9 was introduced. So that part of the grind was not included for me.

When T9 was introduced, it took me far longer than the average person to get the materials required because I had never used farming before. So my farming level was 0, and I had to find out how everything works. Still, I spend about 2 weekends (4 days) of night-time marketplace sniping (from 12pm to 6am) to get all the materials for 1 attempt.

I was this cocky dude on a high horse (lol puns) that was like "Yeahhh dude I'm just going to get this first try!" but nah, obviously first attempt was a fail.

I used cron stones for my first attempt, so for my second attempt I collected materials much faster. By this time I had 3 large farms set up and the daily materials combined with another weekend (2 days) of night-time marketplace sniping, got me the materials for the second attempt.
    I did not use cron stones for my second attempt because I realized that with a bit of luck, marketplace sniping isn't THAT difficult and you could get all the materials for a total of 100 million silver. You just need some patience.

Once again, I was this cocky dude that just BELIEVED. I BELIEVE!!!!
    And load and behold, my second attempt:

I could not believe what the hell I just witnessed. I think I was glad that I had my mic muted, because I was screaming like a little girl.

After reading this guide, and witnessing many people getting close to their 30 attempts on the Horse Community Discord, I realize how extremely horribly ridiculous lucky I was.
    I wish everyone had this ridiculous luck that I have, and I see a lot more "second attempt success" popping up. I pray for all of you who are still throwing in attempt after attempt. I want to see people succeed, and join me on the journey of exploring Black Desert from the skies!

Good luck to you all! I know you can do it! I BELIEVE!!!

Stillwaters, Stormthar and Eneayo like this.
  11. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Please... the knife is already shaking enough...

On a side note: Congratz to you, you took out RNJaysus 1v1 fair & square.

Stillwaters likes this.
  12. Shinee

A Question about the Farms. If you water the crops, do you get more byproducts then??

I have read in the http://dulfy.net/2016/03/06/black-desert-gardening-and-farming-guide/

"
    Water/Moisture
    The water bar tells you how full the groundwater is below the garden. The % displayed here is the change of the crop’s moisture with the current water level. To raise the water bar, you will need to pour Distilled Water i(info on how to make it below) into the garden by standing inside the garden and right clicking the item in your inventory.

Generally you want the crop to be at 100% moisture as dropping below 75% moisture can affect crop yield.
    "

Stillwaters likes this.
  13. Gwatnus

Just got it on my 2nd attempt.

someone has to be lucky right?