1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actual Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Motoko_Shi, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

So I've been playing through all 8 with a guide, and I must say these quests are so utterly nonsensical, arbitrary, and poorly written that I can hardly believe they were put into a modern game.

Can someone explain to me just how they were all originally figured out by the first people who did them? Were there clues placed on some part of the website outside the game? The game gives you nothing that would indicate you are supposed to do any of the things in the guide.

For example, there is one part in the Forest quest where you have to pickpocket the Treant node manager and arrange a specific number of different items in a particular way. Where exactly is the hint that that's what you had to do, huh?

GreyRebel and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Last year it was a collaboration between EUNA and KR players to figure out the clues

3. Motoko_Shi

Is there some kind of archive of that process taking place? Because without that, I don't see how it could be either enjoyable or even possible with new players on their own.

4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Hints, that were given out once per day.

Fire and Water were cleared easily, once it got to Forest it was either way brute forced or people already figured out that inventory combinations could be found in bddatabase/bdocodex, in case of your example at least. In the later stages of the event it was entirely hint gated, as there wasn't anything that gave us a proper clue ingame.

5. Polymerizaiyan

Imagine making a quest, but not telling how to complete it and see If your player base can figure it out for minimal rewards xD

Aelisah likes this.
  6. SweetsDealer

Wow, you made all quests after some guides on youtube, got your rewards and now you are crying on the forum.
    Oh wait, you forgot to say that you rushed NEXT button on quests without reading a single world.
    Oh wait, you forgot to say that you gained almost 1 billion silver after you finished all 8.
    Oh wait, the developer finnaly gave you some challenging content, asking you to think for once instead of doing the mindless grind or life skilling crap that you do every single day.

Now please, go in a corner and cry a little more how you had to follow some guides to earn 1 billion silver in less than a day. Poor little you.

Maginha and Khondo like this.
  7. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

that does not change the fact that the quests where a piece of ****

8. Ripztar

Love that you say minimal rewards. You know what the reward was last year? 1st place was an alienware also giving out screens and gpus.

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  9. Khondo

This questline had the community working together for once for a common goal, it was great. We need lots more events like this.

10. Motoko_Shi

So it was really the brute force of the entire poplulation. This is an interesting way to go about it, but for someone coming to it fresh, it's not very enjoyable as a "questline."

Tuff talk, shill.

Again, I am wondering if there is a reddit thread or some kind of record of the process. Would be interesting to take a look at it.

OH WAIT, I see what you linked there. Yes, those hints would have made everything much more clear! I think they should have been included again this time around, but for whatever reason they weren't.

#10 Motoko_Shi, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2019
  11. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

cant agree more on the nonsense part , it seems like they used rng to create those quests !

- lets make a list of all npcs
    - lets make a list of actions can be done in the game
    - lets make a list of ...........
    now let the dice decide what the next quest will be !!!!

12. Khondo

And the system works ! But you left off one bit, - lets make a list of clues to give them daily...…. The important bit

Quests that make you think...instead of just hitting the R key and following a waypoint.

Maginha and Aelisah like this.
  13. Claydough

They were all data mined

If you think people actually figured ALL of this stuff out then you are mistaken

The large majority was all data mined

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  14. Motoko_Shi

That's what I suspected, and it's very plausible. I also thought the solutions could easily have been leaked to favored partners. I guess it takes too much effort to create an actual mystery that encourages logical deduction. It wasn't fun.

15. TRNFloyd

If only those silver rewards we're not limited to BEFORE they made the quests easier during the initial release of [Mysteries of Summer]..
    Source: I did Essence of Darkness and all I got was a lousy Tungrad Earring. lol. I guess taxed silver gains is still silver gains..

16. Myntiix

???
    That was the whole purpose what do you mean.

17. yukishiro1

Like most things in BDO, the concept is great and the execution is bordering on embarrassing.

Motoko_Shi and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Aelisah

It was actually datamined? how?

I remember the excitement of last years event very well and thought it was a cool experience all together.
    I am looking forward to the new mystery's and puzzle-solving :D
    Like the black spirit traces - I liked to run over town to find the traces with our guildies :D

19. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

remeber: last year the quest gives 400m on top. The basicloot from this year is around 400m market value.