1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a Dislike button on Posts >.>

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chaos Ronin, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Should we have a Dislike Option on post's?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Add a Troll Button

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I think we should have a dislike button so we can tell who is known troll or not or who is just talking total cr*p. Maybe even a TROLL button haha.

2. Rayin

No, it's already stupid to have a like system to begin with as people post popular opinions only for that.
    Did you miss the part where 3/4 of the users have screenned their old profile in the old forum to use that screen as avatar in this one to show their likes/post count?

Now imagine a downvote system, you speak about whatever controversial topic you want (Karmabombing/PvP/Gear-based game/Instances) and then just for opening it you get 50 downvote from different people not liking it or just eager to dismiss the discussion.

This th read of yours would grant you alone a tons of downvotes with your own system, because some people have less chromosomes than a light bulb, do you really want to give them another tool to express their potatoness?

Sidina and Shastalya like this.
  3. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Hahahaha, take a like my friend.

Sidina and Rayin like this.
  4. Cedricu

10 peals per like and -100 karma per dislike lets go!

5. Rayin

I see what you did there Shas, you rascal boei.

Sidina and Shastalya like this.
  6. kakodaimonos

Well I for myself would downvote everyone who got more Likes than messages, just for the lulz.

7. Chaos Ronin

That's the point.... If your posts are disliked why shouldn't we also have an indication of it being disliked? That being said, i do totally get what you are saying, people can be lame and petty at times and could simply downvote a genuine post or thread just because they don't like the person. That being said, if we can't express our dislike to a certain troll post or a post that is just pure nonsense, why is there a "Like" option and no "Dislike"? I feel like everything, including gaming forums these days are preventing us from freedom of speech or expressing our opinions fully because of the soft P.C world we live in today! This is kind of a rant i guess and i am interested to see how other people feel about it too :)

8. Rayin

You don't get the biggest concern in my post, it's not just about genuine posts being downvoted for the person itself, is about that function being used to dislike a post that contains hot thread such as "How to solve Karmabombing".
    The title may already unleash too much salt from the get to go, but the argument itself would just generate a downvote chain for the OP, doesn't matter if in the end he was trying to suggesting and elaborated really well the argument, it'll be used in a way to shut other's opinions.

Even YT removed that feature, Reddit has it and it's a disgusting place where to be in, as some reasonable opinions are so downvoted that are being hidden, same goes for all of other kind of forum with such system.

Do you really want a forum where everyone is afraid to say anything as he'd risk to be downvoted hard while adopting "neutral" or "popular" stances will be the normality?

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  9. Chaos Ronin

I do agree with you and maybe having a dislike button wouldn't be the best idea and to answer your question. I would really not like a forum like that. I will admit, i was bored when i created this thread and didn't fully think it out. I am not going to try act like i was right about something when i have a think about it, i was probably wrong and thinking about it. Maybe i would vote against having a dislike button, even though it was me who suggested it haha

Rayin likes this.
  10. Rayin

Wanna have fun? make dramas in game and forum, i do that daily and it feels good, i do understand the boredom.

Chaos Ronin likes this.