1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a non-RNG way to have infinite potions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AliensExist00, May 7, 2020.

1. AliensExist00

It would be good if there was a non-RNG way to have infinite potions. The drop rate of all the materials required is so low.

2. PandaChinois

PandaChinois Valkyrie 62 EU

No ?

AZzalor likes this.
  3. Ozonek

It is a rare, high effort luxury item that is in no way mandatory to have. And it should stay very, very exclusive.

That said, I could see something like 1'000'000 kills Marni Stones for parts to prevent from real big streaks of bad luck.

AZzalor, WarmongerX and Andaro like this.
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

I am actually against a solid way to obtain these types of items, or the compass, Map, or pure black stones.
    These items are *meant* to be super rare and *not* meant to be had by everyone.
    Creating a type of non-rng way to get these would make them less special.
    These are *supposed* to be items of envy and jealousy, misery and woe.
    That is what makes them special.

JustAWeeb likes this.
  5. Ponge85

Nice concept from a game that should be a form of recreation and fun. I'm not playing a game to be jealous and feel miserable. Life has enough of those.
    Also,why should I be jealous? These items are not earned by true effort. This game is not hard or difficult. Its simply time consuming. You mindlessly repeat the same thing over and over until a computer rolls a random number that says you get the item. You don't have to do a complex multistage questline, you don't have to kill a boss with skills, knowledge and tactics.
    This all only shows the incompetence and unimaginativeness of the developers, who simply put these behind an RNG grindwall instead of designing a questline or concept around it. The questline for Garmoth's Heart shows some promise, despite being unimaginative like hell (hand in items, kill x mobs, kill nouver 100 times, etc.).

#5 Ponge85, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

More like 100 Millions kills and we are good :)

7. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Special?My ex wife gave me all those and I divorced her.

8. woots

Thanks god not a lot of game follow "your" conception.
    while i have nothing against something "rare", i have a HUGE problem when thoses items are meant to solve a pretty inconvenient base game setting which BDO is litteraly filed with.
    AND for ONCE thoses inconvenience can be solve without that fr**king cash shop, its gated behind a super absurd RNG ( how original in BDO right )

If you set a very rare skin ( and yes a real 100% skin ) drop 100% rng, with a 0.0001% drop chance, whatever, i can agree with that, now, with something like the potion, or map, or compass, that's just straight idiot.

And actualy, i dont envy, or jealous thoses having thoses items, are they made nothing relevant to get thoses, i'am more totaly astonished that the devs were even able to think its a fun way to get thoses items.
    I mean you do know that game are made to have fun right ?

I hope you are well payed to even defend such thing.

Anyway, on topic, of course, potion should have a interesting challenge instead of a dumb rng to be obtainable. ( so compass & map )
    Even if its a challenge ( yes something others than running in circle 24646264 hours ) that last during a month or so.

#8 woots, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

It suppose to be rare and not everyone suppose to have easily.. Soo... uhhh... no.

10. Artorias_Dusk

I play this game since 3 years. Never got any compass/map piece. But I'm quite positive about this potion. HP potion 2022 here I come!!

11. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

How about you repeat your words after you grind Eltent's for 4000 hours and still don't get it?

Being good because you got lucky over something other cannot achieve with hard work - is just being lucky, not good.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Naho

$30 each in the cash shop, that's what your request is gonna get

13. Artorias_Dusk

Come on man, you pay that for 330 crons(not even 1 pen attempt). If so, they want 120 for it, you know, these "super cool" bundles that have the item you want and 5 **** things in that you don't even need.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

30$ hp/mp pot bundle which has
    3 parts 10% each chance (can be duplicate, cuz its PA afterall)
    70% chance get stack of normal potion

i can already see it coming like this

#14 FrozenReaper, May 10, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. WarmongerX

What about NO?

There is not shortage of generic no grind hand held mmos on the market, bdo is meant to have this grind and the day they make stuff like the map, compass and potions easier to get I quit the game on the spot

16. woots

"another way" mean you would still be able to grind during decade to get nothing of the potion,, isnt that fine to have players pick their way ? isnt BDO supposed to be a "sandbox" giving players choice?

17. ColdCashDivine

Trust me, you don't need it. You are not supposed to drop it during the first week it's released.
    With an infinite potion you won't save money in the long run, unless you plan on playing bdo for 20 years.
    You will save some weight, true, but I don't feel like my full-weight isn't enough in endgame grinding spots, and you want to play with a full weight anyway so.
    It's a pretty good item to have, I'd love it, for sure, but I don't really need it nor i don't enjoy my bdo experience without it.
    Is it worth thousands hours focused on those trash spots? No.
    Just go and grind in good spots, focus on your gear since it's more important, and when you want to relax just go in those spots and spend 1 or 2 hours... you'll eventually get it.
    There's no point on being stubborn about it. There is no point on rushing it. It won't affect your bdo experience.
    I'm not here to judge people's goals, but... I suggest to find a better goal. :D
    The money you are losing by grinding in those garbage spots are definitely more useful than a infinite potion.

AlnilamE likes this.
  18. WarmongerX

You are not supposed to have rare items like the map and potion, clear and simple... Nor are players entitled to the items, there is a way to get the items, is up to the player to make the decision to go for it or not, making the items easier to get would defeat the purpose of the item being ULTRA RARE, its not supossed to be rare or hard to get, its supposed to be a trophy few will achieve and taking that way for some snowflakes that feel entitled to said items is a travesty.

I know pa will NEVER make these items easier to get but I had to input some god damn good sense on this thread and if you think you are entitled to the items and feel they need to be"easier" to get you are not familiar with korean mmos and why ppl actually play them.

19. woots

then with another way to get them, you still can choose to still not get them since you are not supposed to get thoses ? right ?
    sacrifice yourself, and do not get thoses to make them "rare", and let others choose

edit : btw, who told you that items meant to solve a game annoyance at meant to be rare ? because the devs said so, so you follow like a sheep ?
    it would, as i already said, be a 100% skin, sure, item beeing -important- for your everyday gameplay, just not at all.
    Not also saying, dont you already deal with enough RNG layers everywhere ? or are you that starving for the game deciding for you, your "faith" that you keep asking for more ?

#19 woots, May 10, 2020