1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add back renown

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Bananaru, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Bananaru

its just a 1shotfest might as well add it back

peanut777 and Blitzball like this.
  2. Joungf

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  3. Bananaru

4. Joungf

For me root cause of all those unbalancing, op, one-shot, PvP cry baby salt

Souda, Desibabez94 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  5. Vafthrudnirson

What would make more sense would be to tune the AP brackets to make sense within the current DP scaling. Just adding back a second stat scaling system just creates as many problems as it fixes.

6. Diazine

Diazine Kunoichi 62 EU

dp builds are quite tanky now. if you want to survive longer you just can't focus on only ap anymore.

which is kinda what everyone wanted, right? so why are people complaining again :D:D

at this point i hope kakao and pearl abyss stops listening to the community and stays true to their own visions for once, because clearly the community can't decide on what it wants.

Smoover, DNCT, AZzalor and 10 others like this.
  7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

luld at this.

Reebo, Schönfeld, YajStylez and 2 others like this.
  8. Asterotis

This community doesn't know what they want anymore

Renown: "OMG THIS SUCKS, IT GIVES FOLKS ADVANTAGES WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY ALLOWING US TO BEAT THINGS IN PVE! DELETE THIS!!"

Renown gone:"OMG THIS SUCKS, IT GIVES FOLKS DISADVANTAGES WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY NOT ALLOWING US TO BEAT THINGS IN PVE BRING IT BACK!"

Souda and Desibabez94 like this.
  9. Desibabez94

No. It was an unnecessary addition to an already ****ed up and unbalanced game. If anything, they need to remove ALL modifiers from renown and wipe it clean, back to how we were pre awakened, no extra dr, no extra ********. Pure gear, and mechanics. Renown was a mistake that should have never been born and I’m glad they are working on removing it from BDO. Hopefully it’s entirely removed in the future. PvP is fun again, finally.

10. Desibabez94

Can’t please everyone, ignorance is bliss my guy

But yeah I’m a DP memevasion witch and so very happy !

11. Desibabez94

No. It’s fair. You used to be able to build pure ap and still get DR. That’s conpletely unfair to tanks who would prefer to enjoy their time in rbf and group fights such as myself, a DP witch. Furthermore, it would ruin pvp again because ap would scale higher and the people with 400 ap or whatever would 1 tsp anyone - that was never okay, and I’m glad the forum complained enough to make them see that they made a horrid mistake . Like I said they can completely wipe renown and everything would be perfect again tbh. Go back to pre awakened stay days. Easy fix. .

12. Exaah

this is almost perfect the way it is.
    you build ap, you have high damage and low tankiness
    you build dp, you have high tankiness low damage

unless your gear is insanely high and you can go hybrid.

renown score was stupid, you shouldnt get tankiness for having a lot of ap, this is dumb game design and I'm surprised someone even thought this was a good idea in the first place

Tvvin, Caldrana, Nexius and 3 others like this.
  13. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 61 EU

No, it is not if you fight people with similar gs. At least in the 500-535 GS region most fights I have encountered and have seen are pretty equal. Maybe this changes above softcap again due to the idiotic AP brackets but at least in that region everything seems to be quite balanced to me.

And increasing DP when you get more AP did not make any sense.

14. Decem

Issue is agressive AP scaling. It can be kept but lets scale it down. I can outpot 257ap player while standing still in hybrid build oriented more towards DP band 275ap player 4 shots me. I know its hard to get past softcap bud difference between softcap and 269+ is stupidly agressive and umnecessary.

15. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Right now u may face a lot of 260+ ap ppl so just aquire pen armors, high caphras, tet accessories, build towards high dr or dp, then u will see that DP stat has been boosted. My 316 dp with villas can tank some of the 265 ap classes.

16. Blitzball

Yes , we need that +60DR back.

And delete AP scaling ! D:<

17. BboydD

The problem now, many players are DP soft cap (294dp nouver) but not ap softcap. If you fight vs a zerk striker war mystic archer? Or any other tanky class you aren't able to one combo him without at least 245 ap with a low damage class (ninja; dk; lahn etc...) but as glass class if these class grab you, they can one combo you. And if you don't one combo zerk striker or mystic for example, they will come back full life. And I don't speak about tamer and valk 100% who one shoot

18. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

Nope.

19. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

20. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

lol no, l2p, stop being gear carried lol

Fearless V and Souda like this.