1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add back renown

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Bananaru, Dec 30, 2018.

1. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I get where the OP is comping from, but adding renown based buffs is not the solution. We are currently at a painful place. Most geared players are AP builds. AP scaling is as powerful as ever, yet renown based DR boosts are gone. People melt faster than before.

Reverting the renown removal is not the solution though. It will keep people going for just AP instead of going for build variety. Moreover, it will make more geared players much more capable of 1vXing lesser geared players.

We are all squishy now. My 560+ GS witch is just as squishy as a 300ish DP sub-softcap player. This wasn’t the case back when renown was a thing.

What we need is better DP scaling to make hybrid and DP builds more viable without going full blown DP meme. Doing so can be a bit of a challenge as if DP is overturned, a softcap player will never kill a geared player with a 269+ AP build and caphras levels in armor (for those who don’t know, putting about 500-550 caphras stones in each armor piece will boost your DP by 12 in total for very cheap post softcap gains....usually a good idea after you hit 261+ AP).

No solution is likely to be perfect, and adding renown back will help me as I am full AP monkey. But I don’t think renown is a healthy solution for the 1 shot meta problem.

Crimson_Scarlet, Souda and Netreiam like this.
  2. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62

3. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

the fact is some people want to become immortal with gear even against people who they out gear by 30~60 points, that is bad, gear will still give you an advantage, but it shouldn't allow you to face roll, the current system is good and i hope it never changes

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  4. Shibbyl0w5

Shibbyl0w5 Berserker 62 NA

Bro learn the game and stop complaining everywhere you post is "wah wah nerf this" "wah wah bring this back" you think people weren't one shotting people with renown at least the ap monkeys can be killed now. god dam every post you make is just a dribble of ****.

Diazine likes this.
  5. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Warrior 61 EU

i would be still playing, if they actually did listen community but they dont so here we are

6. Fearless V

I'd personally like to see them remove bonus AP brackets from the game. And add that AP on higher tiered enhancement instead. This way people still have to work for those extra stats and not be given free welfare I WIN bonus stats. But that's just how I feel about the situation.

farsay and YajStylez like this.
  7. Sophu

Someone talk about facerolling justt play mystic 4Head

8. Bananaru

That language and behaviour is not accepted by the forum rules, please be less bitchy.

9. Rayin

10. Shibbyl0w5

"please be less bitchy" Do you even read your own posts? all you do is ***** about the game.

11. Bananaru

Oh god, should I add a hook and fish bait?

This is too easy.

12. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

The current system now is as close to before preawaken as ever. It's actually fairly balanced for the 1st time in years. They would be stupid to re add renown because renown was maybe the single biggest eff up they did to pvp and actual balance. If you do not want to be one shotted, build some DP. it really is that simple. We don't need stupid high ap anymore to do damage and combo someone down in a 1 v 1. Use your brain and build around your need's, that's the whole point in gear/build variety and if you want to build only ap, then expect to be squishy and die to high ap...

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

well, depends on a class (and its opponent), really.

Kauni and Fearless V like this.
  14. Shibbyl0w5

wait are you trolling coz all your posts don't seem to be trolls?

Attached Files:

Diazine likes this.
  15. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 61 EU

What I would like to see though is a move away from the AP brackets to a more natural increase of bonus AP. It just doesn't make sense that someone with 235 AP is so much less strong than someone with 236 AP just because of a bracket. If they want bonus AP to make things worth at high AP numbers they should add a bonus for every single AP point you get in those AP regions.

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

They could also scrap bonuses and just flat out change numbers on gear itself to make it less complicated.

17. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 62 EU

Did he just say ninja is low damage?

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  18. Ciroc

lol fck no. roll back all the changes of last may and pvp is fine again. all that was needed was gutting the lingering of warrior / valk a bit.

19. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If they want to be immortal, they should build for DP and if they do they should be immortal to people they outgear by 30-60points!

The problem is when they are immortal AND 1hit/1combo people (renown did that)

20. Arexx

the pvp system was the best before they add the rs and cc changes the first time, after rs and cc changes was out pvp was biggest **** in the whole game and still is. overall buff broken classes they are already op af, makes sense ye

Fearless V, Souda and Ciroc like this.