1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add more dynamic gameplay events to the game world

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FluffyQuack, Nov 23, 2017.

1. FluffyQuack

We have the world bosses which spawn at somewhat random times. What about expanding this to other kinds of dynamic events?
    • A Troll assault on Isolated Sentry Post outside Calpheon: Players have to defend the node from a horde of Trolls.
    • An assault of Candidums and Black Rusts on Lema Island: Players have to defend the island from sea monsters.
    • An emergency timber shortage in Trent: Players have to collect and deliver timber for an NPC in Trent.
    • A Shai going on a rampage in Velia: This would be automatic lose. There's no winning against the Shai.
    • Worker strike at Ancient Stone Chamber: Players have to collect and deliver beer to workers so they'll stop their strike.
    Basically, dynamic events which start at any point (like the world bosses) which involve a variety of mechanics. And of course, there would be some kind of reward attached to any of these events if the task is completed and you participated.

2. Pohjantikka

1. LAG fest = servers might crash
    2. LAG fest = servers might crash
    3. Pretty good idea
    4. What is Shai? http://bddatabase.net/us/theme/6621/ ? Fight against kids?
    5. Very odd idea... but might work.

3. FluffyQuack

The game already does this but in a low key way. If you go to Western Guard Camp (same thing happens in a few other nodes, but I forget the names), you'll occasionally have a 20-30 enemies suddenly spawn to attack the camp and NPCs will defend it. You can join in and get unique drops, but it's not worth doing and it's all super low level enemies.

So they've already got half of the work done to implement something like this. We just need tougher enemies and a better reward. Of course, performance will go down once a bunch players join in, but it's not like it'll be any worse than world bosses or siege wars.

TarkusBlack and Ezikeo like this.
  4. Pohjantikka

Yeah I know those, but they are super small "events". And technically Savager Rift is that kind of event.
    BUT if we get an huge event on one node where are 100 players and 100-1000 enemies at the same time, then it will be huge lag fest. Since servers lags anyways without any events.

5. FluffyQuack

Then they can make it a shorter event. Make it easy to complete (so that not many players will be able to reach it before it gets absurdly laggy), but on the flip side make it happen more often. I think there's several ways they can make it work without it becoming a lagfest.

I personally would much rather have new varied dynamic events than yet another world boss added (which is also one of the worst experiences right now lag-wise).

6. Shovok

Dynamic events are one of the things I like best about gw2 world

7. Kitala

Great ideas. Been thinking about this myself for awhile. On another note as someone said already it would create ALOT of lag in an already barely stable game. Maybe down the road once everything is smoothed out and the new graphics are in place.