1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add ways to make T9 awakening more reliable in the long run

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FluffyQuack, Oct 26, 2017.

1. FluffyQuack

First of all, I'll start by listing some numbers. I made a guide for the most efficient ways to get items for T9 awakening attempts: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/acquiring-t9-items.80874

Now then, we don't know what the exact success rate is, but based on a community effort we have a hunch it's pretty darn low: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...K60BezDDD6RuxEITMi2ORlaGT8/edit#gid=790146511 (I suspect the success rate is even lower than this because we have almost all successes on record, but not all fails)

If you try to be as efficient as possible, you can expect this kind of time commitment (note that these hour counts are lower than they should be as they do not count in the time spent getting Earth and Wind Shards):
    • 3% success rate means spending 201 hours over 5 months on 30 attempts for a 60% chance to get at least one T9.
    • 2% success rate means spending 335 hours over 8 months on 50 attempts for a 64% chance to get at least one T9.
    • 1% success rate means spending 670 hours over 16 months on 100 attempts for a 63% chance to get at least one T9.
    Short summary: right now T9 awakening is only for crazy people. The RNG involved means some people will get absurdly lucky and get it within 10 attempts, while other people will do more than 100 attempts and still don't have a single T9.

I know T9s are supposed to be rare, and I'm not arguing for them to get easy to get. But I think the process should be improved. Specifically, there's only a few effective ways of getting T9 items (Kama dailies, farming, and marketplace), and repeating this over and over again is tedious. And it's painful if you're an unlucky person and you end up doing 50+ attempts and still keep failing.

I've got 2 ideas which would make it less frustrating:

• Add a fail stack system

I think it should work like this: keep track of how many failed attempts there is on a horse (this can be tracked by adding a new horse skill, the same way courser training is tracked). Below 50 fails, this has no effect whatsoever. 50 fails and above, you'll have an increased chance of success the more fails you have. Eventually this stacks high enough that if you fail 99 times, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it the next attempt.

This is to prevent people from losing their mind if they're being extremely unlucky after spending 500+ hours getting T9 materials.

• Add a super rare item which increases success rate for one attempt

Like Cron Stones, this would be an optional thing to add for one awakening attempt (and it would be consumed after that attempt), but the item is very, very rare. And the item is something you can get when breeding horses. Let's say you have a very low chance of getting one when breeding two T8 horses.

Right now, T9 awakening isn't really designed for horse tamers in mind. The best ways to get T9 materials have nothing to do with horses. But this would be a good way to add a more reliable way to get a T9 horse specifically for people who spend a lot of time taming and breeding horses.

#1 FluffyQuack, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Lurea, Erroll, Mystica and 39 others like this.
  2. UltraRed

Another suggestion- Make the Training Life Skill actually matter. Perhaps raise the %, even if slightly, per level? Or something significant at Master?

Lurea, Renira, mahoukitty and 16 others like this.
  3. Cobrino

I've seen too many people quit the game because they spent over 5 billion failing t9 attempts with nothing to show for it. Please implement Quack's ideas so we don't lose more to this rather malicious system.

Tealsky, Rainah, Conflama and 4 others like this.
  4. Catsensual

I personally have attempted 22 times, with friends who have attempted 28 and another at 32. Seeing failstacks for Awakening a horse get added would be amazing. I'd feel a little unsettled after having attempted so much only to see it get added later on and knowing none of my failures mattered for the system but better late than never.
    Honestly getting something like "auras" would be pretty nice as well. Allow the auras to be RNG upon failure or simply just one failure is equal to one aura and once at 50 auras, (5b+ at this point has been spent, depending on how you attempted your t9) I think would be fair.
    This is just a suggestion though, I think 50 is fair, no less but maybe even more.

Amarenda, Zayrot and UltraRed like this.
  5. Toppest of Keks

This Is a great suggestion and UltraRed's is too. I'd like my training level to matter a bit more.

6. RamblingRose

Agree with the above.

I suspect however, that unless KR implements it, there is no way this will happen here. And the miserable success rate in KR, which mirrors our own has not changed in a long time. Now if they brought in changes in KR, I think there would be hope for us here.

The problem I am having ingame is that at the higher levels of for example, horse breeding/T9 and enchanting, the success rates are so minimal that it eats into your enjoyment of the game. To the point that yeah, the negatives outweigh the positives. The "fun" factor starts disappearing. Makes me sad.

ShadowFairy and Amarenda like this.
  7. Dirac

I don't believe this for one second. No one but a BDO crack head would ever in their right mind spend that much unless they enjoy that sort of suffering. I bet they are happily grinding away day in day out, boasting in discord about how nice it's going to be to glide around and move slightly faster around the map than everyone else.

Have find grinding, kids. I'll grab one during the next catch-up update when they are way more affordable.

8. Nepheisa

Some save their money to buy an enhanced Dandelion (or other boss gear). Others saved up for a T9. Figures may be exaggerated, frustration stays the same.

Personally I'd love to see a failstack system, starting with the first fail. T9 is the PEN of a horse trainer, so why not have it similiar in terms of success chances upped by failstacks.

ShadowFairy and Amarenda like this.
  9. FluffyQuack

I think Catsensual said she's spent around 5b so far. Doing these attempts isn't cheap. If you buy everything off the marketplace it's 100m for one attempt, if you also go for cron stones it's 150m, and if you go for pre-orders, then oh boy, each attempt is stupid expensive.

I think we're at the point where each day there's at least one person going on a angry rant in the horse discord about how they're at 20+ or 30+ attempts with nothing to show for it.

Tempani and Amarenda like this.
  10. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

Or: the higher the trainer level is the less training materials are needed

Renira, Tealsky, Aercev and 8 others like this.
  11. Tergar

Tergar Witch 58 EU

Wholeheartedly support this! Failstacks are an existing in game system for any upgrade, it is only logical that they should exist for T9 as well - It was the developers choice to make it an upgrade instead of a breedable horse, so it should work as any other upgrade.
    I althou really like @Nyrante s suggestion to make training level affect the amount of materials needed - training is a slow and painful skill to level, we should get something for it and ability to get more out of the training items we use is a good thing and not to out of balance.

12. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

The rare item.. how about the auras mentioned. Every fail you get an aura. After so many fails you end up being able to use those auras as that rare item to guaranty success??? And the higher training less mats makes so much sense.. higher processing you get more mats and need less for things like the Epheria Sailboat. So why wasn't higher training the same for T9s..
    I don't think T9s were meant to be for us trainers. We bred up to produce t8s. Now those with millions and no training skill can turn around, buy a t8, make it courser, preorder all mats, and walk up to the stable master and wala... T9! with little effort. I think we were totally forgotten about and how we have struggled to get where we are and the money we have put out to breed over and over in hopes for a t8.. then to put more in for swap after swap to make coursers. Then when you get a T9 more swap after swapping to try for a good one so your time and money wasn't wasted.
    I honestly haven't gotten excited to try for a T9. That's why Ive waited all this time to do it on Monday. I know Ill fail and I cant afford more than 3 tries so after Monday (yep after 3 fails!) Ill have to go back and work for more mats and hopefully try again around the end of Nov. My husband keeps telling me that the amount of stress this process is causing is going to make many ppl ( maybe even me) just loose interest in the game. :(I know many of my guild members have sold everything to pay for more attempts just to fail again and again.

13. Vanic

Cat has literally done all of her attempts on twitch so it’s true. I think she’s stopped attempting now though.

Amarenda likes this.
  14. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

I don't care one bit about being faster than anyone else. Most of us are die hard horse lovers who think the t9s are beautiful and we want them to please ourselves and not for out shinning everyone else. If I ever get one ill probably be out exploring and not giving a thought to go "show off" my fancy horse.

Dunkleosteus, Tealsky and Conflama like this.
  15. Qur

Qur

t9's a garbage mount that can barely glide. most other mmos give flying mounts to their entire player base for free - ff xiv, wow, etc. they feel amazing, and get you to areas developed with flying mounts in mind. t9s just allow you to jump off a few cliffs and glide at a speed only slightly faster than a t8 doing full double insta.

that, plus this autistically low rate of success makes t9 a trap that's not worth falling for. i'd say i value my time more than a 20 hours of BS = 1% chance of success. i'd say it'd be more fair to make that 20 hours = 15% or so for something this cosmetic - it's practically useless in siege; even for assassin classes or top fraggers, being on foot is always the safest way.

in any case, kakao is jebaiting all you horse ppl by this T9 BS. it's cruel but it's just the korean way of creating a shabby reason for an infinite grind to elongate repetitive content in a game that doesnt have much development going on. all of you horse folk are beautiful people that deserve more than this crap - i hope you can find rewarding content relating to mounts in other games like ff xiv, wow, gw2 now, eso, tera, icarus online, age of conan, rift, trove, etc. i distinctly remember how amazing it felt to fly for the first time in xiv's sky cities with dragon npcs in heavensward.

but yeah that's not to say lose all hope, kakao has a system for rarity that's been applied to most things in the game for a while. it's how they create content - by making the newest upgrade the hardest one to achieve.

just to show how rarity works in this game --
    - ogre rings at launch -> 10000s of rings now
    - livertos at launch
    - boss armor/weapons at launch
    - t7/t8 breeding
    - tungrad earrings, crescent rings, basi belts
    - leveling to 53 at launch, 56/7 in mediah patch, 61 in valencia patch -- 60-61 is already a mere 60 hours at trees right now, while it used to be 250 hours on valencia launch.

i doubt they'll ever give out t9s in a box but they'll eventually ninja increase the success rate or add another mechanic when no one cares about t9s anymore a few months down the road. it's not worth focusing on outside of just gaining materials passively if you already like to farm, hunt, grind kama, or horse race as a part of your daily routine.

so cheers all, and try not to suffer too much b.c some dumb dev thought 1-3% success rate would be "good content"

Tempani likes this.
  16. Tempani

please let this thread get seen by some GMs or CMs and reach the top of the forums

Conflama likes this.
  17. Dremlock

rng is fun xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

18. Tempani

i have a set of materials ready to go but i thought id wait out an increase i drop rate/ success rate... and then i remembered the unicorn is coming... time is running out! Or you know, they could remove the RNG of WHICH dream horse you get and just get to choose.
    It seems ridiculously mocking to have a < 3% success rate, and then a 1 in 2 chance (1 in 3 when hell horse comes) to get the actual horse you want

#18 Tempani, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Conflama likes this.
  19. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

15 fails here, doing dailies, farming, camping market, highest pre-orders when needed, ~ 3-3.5 bill including crones stones (15x), i did those attempts daily, now i am not complaining how much silver i lost, cuz i lost 11 bill on pend dand and all i got is 163 fs (mentioning this to make a point), now like op said, it is the efforts put into it from horse racing to farming to camping the market, tedious, i would be happy to throw 11 bill to get me a t9 but not this awakening process.

Tempani likes this.
  20. PandoraRose

I'm all for a change, though their background with money milking the horse community doesn't give me much hope. =( We probably won't see too much in changes unless the sales of further items for courser after the other 2 release don't go up.
    Which could very well happen as maaaany people have given up and are no longer bothering for T9 after just the first's release.
    I also agree on making training level count, omfg, please make it do SOMETHING!

Nuonii and UltraRed like this.