1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional account Fairy slot and [Miraculous Cheer] potion info persistance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by The_Moose, Mar 16, 2020.

?

Would you like to see these changes added?

1. Secondary fairy slot for each player family.

2. Fairy skill [Miraculous Cheer] to auto-equip last used potion.

3. Yes to both.

4. No, the current system is fine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The_Moose

I hope that the BDO staff and players all listen and provide constructive input.

I believe a couple things about fairies in BDO are lacking but today I will provide two specific suggestions. I believe these suggestions would be truly beneficial to all BDO players and the fairy system as it would gain depth and value.

1) Create a secondary fairy slot for each player family
    • Functionality: The ability to summon a total of two different fairies for each family.
    • Why, and how does this help? This would add more relevance to the fairy system as a whole. Also this allows for players peace of mind while getting their first fairy and not worrying about having to do away with all progress made on the fairy. This makes the fairy building process less punishing as well, for example: This allows players to save a Tier 2 or 3 fairy they've worked on for a potentially long time, while working on a T4 Fairy. Choosing when to start and stop that progression. This also gives the player potential to build a lifeskill-focused fairy or a combat-focused fairy.
    • Implementation: The second slot could be automatically unlocked from current means. I think it would be acceptable for it to have a quest in place in order to unlock the second slot for your family. Using the current fairy UI you could also add a bar to the top that showed the icons of your two fairies and also are used for selecting which to summon.
    2) Allow Fairy skill [Miraculous Cheer] to auto-equip last used potion
    • Functionality: If player inventory contains the last potion used by the Fairy's skill [Miraculous Cheer], auto-equip the most recent skill settings.
    • Why, and how does this help? This gives quality of life to the player and it just makes sense to have. This also helps avoid the the annoyance of having to re-click the same settings multiple times in one play session simply because your inventory ran out of potions and potentially avoiding unnecessary player deaths.
    • Implementation: While this mechanic is in use, it could have a visual indicator of a persisting greyed out potion in the normally used slot. Flavor text on this is optional as players will (or should) already be familiar with the potion icon.
      This skill has it's own UI so I think it is fair that it should have a checkbox or something that allows players the option to activate this feature (suggesting this to avoiding overpopulating the game settings windows).
    Players, staff; Please let me know what you think.

#1 The_Moose, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. The_Moose

Sorry, accidentally hit the reply button on this while trying to edit my original post.

3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I agree, the fact that fairy "forgets" about autohealing you when potions deplete and you resupply them is pretty annoying.

4. Fubbles

This. This is a terrific idea. Absolutely no downside and I can't imagine why anyone would vote no on it. Certainly if you do at least bother to back up your point with some feedback. These are the types of changes that I think would truly push bdo over to the next level of mmo. Just simple little things for systems that maybe didn't get thoroughly invested in the first time around.

5. Factorial

This is actually pretty good suggestion.

There is a trend here now where players like @flukeSG2 and @Kynreaa demand that players start paying pearl abyss for wanting something in game. What is the cost these two are proposing?

This is a very intricate suggestion. So what would/should something like this cost? Considering that pearl abyss doesn't have to make these changes since they are just wants, would that make this a more expensive suggestion? Or maybe it's cheaper?

I see that your poll includes some choices. None of those choices includes the amount of money players should have to pay regarding this suggestion. I do suggest that you include a price point that players would be willing to pay out of pocket for something like this.

Also, would paying for this guarantee implementation? What would be the turn around time since player would now be actively paying for things that they want in game? Typically, it takes years for new implementation to arrive for our version. Would being forced to pay for content speed things up? If so, by how much?

Lots of questions here, but if players now believe that we should be paying for wanting things in game, it's time for some answers.

6. The_Moose

@Factorial I don't think that a price point is currently even in question for this. You seem to be asking a question that lies along the morale or ethical lines. Should anything that is convenient cost money? I could argue we've been paying them this entire time, so I think you may be getting sidetracked.
    This suggestion shouldn't take away from any pearl-store items that are currently in existence. In fact, I believe that this would even encourage people to buy more items as it would just get players to work towards a higher tier fairy.

#6 The_Moose, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  7. Factorial

You know what, I couldn't agree more emphatically.

8. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

I definitely agree with the fairy "remembering" the last potion used...as a matter of fact I would even go as far to say that that should have been pretty standard when it was originally added..no different than how ridiculous it would be to have items on the quick slots to be removed when depleted but instead they assumed that greying it out is the normal way to do it but yet missed this on the fairy somehow.

The suggestion to be able to reroll fairies without the risk of losing the stats on your current one(I assume this is the main purpose this will be used for) is good too but im sure that will be mostly dependant on how much it helps or hurts PA's wallet.Even though as a player you dont want to have to base changes off of PA's wallet but unfortunately its their game and they certainly will.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

"demand that players start paying pearl abyss for wanting something in game. What is the cost these two are proposing?"

Out of context again..Only if you want something just to want it. For no other reason then to use the argument "I want it so dont argue with said position". Even if what you want is ridiculous solves nothing, and actually may create more problems down the line.

This Idea solves alot of problems, nice try. And if anything PA should be paying THIS person to design content. He puts up a valid argument for his idea as well.

He didnt come to the forums and say " Hey i want this idea cause i want it give it to me" Like you did in that other thread.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  10. Factorial

So you don't really believe in your own demand that players should pay for what they want. Instead, the paying part would be subjective, depending on if your want fits a particular definition that you want. So it begs the question, where do you draw the line on your own hypocrisy? Is it only when it benefits you? Is it only when you disagree with it? Is it only when it alines with your own absurd conclusions?

Now, regarding pearl abyss paying players for their suggestion: what is the price point on that? Again, what subjective requirements must be met in order for pearl abyss to start paying players for bringing up ideas. More, what's the price point for pearl abyss to start paying off non-employees? What's the cost? Is there a scale? Who and when is payout delivered? By how much? For the time being, let us just ignore the absurdity of pearl abyss paying off people for ideas. We will just humor you for a moment and have you provide us some wisdom, twisted though it might be.

You mention the idea above is flawless and would create no problems in the future. Great, now give us conclusive proof of that. Next, you pose that he didn't come to the forum and asked for this idea. Since you don't seem to understand what he did at all, what did he do besides coming to the forum and stating that he wants something?

11. Lord_Xenon

Hell yeah to both!
    And it won't cut into the business model as that open the option to have a combat oriented fairy and a more lifeskiller one.

12. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

The fun thing about most of these suggestions is that most players had this in mind 5 hours after fairy got released, yet devs somehow are completely blind and unable to make good design choices.
    Why is the max quantity check always gone? Why did it take them 2 months to make the game remember sailing route options? There are so many things like that. Why does the cooking utensil remember the last x recipes used rather than the last x unique recipes? Why is your horse that just died, not at the top of the stable list but somewhere randomly, even though the horse that died last is obviously your most recent used horse? Why do Map say "closest town" failing to mention the town, making for really akward tp's to port ratt?
    upload_2020-3-16_21-9-24.png
    At the border to ross sea in the sea there you actually port to portratt rahter than shakatu, even though its like 15 times further away. "Closest" not misleading at all.
    Those questions can go on forever. It took them 3 years to remove fall damage in rbf. Now it will prolly take them another 15 years to remove those retarted slopes and the stupid falling animation. Maybe then another 50 years to make you receive the NPC buff the moment you jump down automatically.

magret and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

#1, Players do pay for the fairy skills, So PA already has a financial intensive.

#2. Perhaps the same scale youtube pays its content creators. If PA is gonna rely on the players to make their game better why not pay them?

#3. Thats up to anyone who doesent like the idea to prove, as far as Im concerned you support it, and most people do..Any additional talk after that circumstance could lead to lost support..so its best to just shut up once a sales is made in my opinion.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  14. Factorial

Essentially, you have no clue how to determine what suggestions should be paid for and which suggestions don't need to be paid for by your definition. There several subscription models in the game already and now you also want to make a new one that doesn't even give you any tangible results.

You incorrectly assume that pearl abyss should start paying people for suggestions, including these fairy suggestions. Why is it that you have no idea that the fairy process is already part of the cash shop system? You also have no clue what it means to make a suggestion or how suggestions work in general. Likewise, you also have no idea how support works.

In summary, it seems like you don't know anything about the game on a basic level. So what makes you think you are qualified to tell other players to pay for suggestions? When you are telling players that they have to pay to give their suggestions, what makes you think that you know anything, to begin with?

15. DaveH

What surprises me is that for fairies (and remember we already have a horse skill reset) we can only reset the fairy 100% and not individual skills. But we do have that for horses. I have no idea why they thought a 100% reset was the way to go instead of individual skill reset. I for one would already be happy if they changed that (same for T4 pets if they add it for fairies)

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

And your credentials to make such a statement are....? Its pretty established that paying people motivates some of them to make improvements. And i told YOU it was part of the cash shop..you were the one confused about that.
    As far as your concerned, is it a good idea or not? Cause now you are deviating.

You arnt anyone whos in any position to worry about any of that. So dont.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

You can reset individual skills.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Heh, yea but it costs the same as resetting the whole thing.
    What kinda BS is that?

19. DaveH

Odd I once tried and it immediately sent me to a full reset. Which I broke off because no way I am doing that. And if it is at full price like Kynreaa said ... yeah hell no

20. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

It does not really cost the same, try getting a perfect fairy with full resets.