1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFK Fishing - Saku's In Depth analysis after patch

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by SakuJoe, Oct 11, 2018.

1. SakuJoe

Hi guys.
    This is my in-depth results for my first long afk fishing after patch. Feel free to add you own results with all the details and informations.

Equipment used: Balenos +10, T3 penguin lvl10, Maple float +10, +3 fishing clothes
    Fishing speed: 5
    Fishing level: Master 25
    AFK time: 8H
    Inventory slots: 185 - Slots available for fishes: 178

Results
    :
    Golds: 27 Imperial fishing delivery money income: 8.5M
    Blues: 42 Imperial fishing delivery money income: 2.2M
    Greens: 97 Glish trader money income: 0.85M
    Relics: 9
    Silver Keys: 10

Golds not sellable to imperial fishing delivery like Cuvier and Sunfish have been sold to Gilsh trader.
    Cuvier(x2) 238K each, Sunfish 204K.

Total Imerial Fishing Seals earned: 31
    Total Fishing EXP earned: ~2.5%
    Total Trade EXP earned: ~1%

After 8H the inventory was already full and float was at 7/50 so my guess is full inventory can be done in 6-7H whilst it could be done in 8-9H before patch for me.

Average results pre-patch:
    Golds: 60~70 }

Blues: 75~85 } Imperial fishing delivery income for blues & golds: 9.5M~11.5M
    Greens: 10~25
    Relics: 4~17
    Silver Keys: 8~15

Average Imperial Fishing Seals earned: 45~50

Total Fishing EXP earned: 6.5%~7%
    Total Trade EXP earned: ~1%

Equipment used before patch: Balenos+10, T3 penguin lvl10, NO float, +3 fishing clothes

Pros:
    *Seems to be roughly the same income as before.
    *Shortened AFK duration for the same income.
    *More gold species catched therefore it's easier to sell your inventory to the imperial fishing delivery.
    *Active fishing on hotspots is way more profitable now.

Cons:
    *Less EXP earned due to green being the main fish grade catched and lower rate of golds and blues.
    *Less Imperial Seals earned for the same reason as above.
    *Probably lower the maximum relics obtainable for the same reason as well.
    *Some golds are not sellable to imperial fishing delivery. It could turn into a lower income if you fish too much of thoses species.

All in all It seems to be a great boost for active fishing while not affecting much AFK fishing incomes (still have to check out the maximum relics obtainable after some AFKs).
    Bad part is the Imperial seals and fishing exp loss (~40% less seals and ~160% less fishing EXP).

Also now for people having long AFK like me (8H to 10H) it's a 2H AFK loss comparing to the players being AFK for 6H to 7 H since your inventory will be filled up with greens pretty quickly.
    Still have to try out Mediah +10 rod tho..

**I would say, like some other players, the solution could be simply change the "no trashes" ticbox to a small menu like the party looting options and allow AFK fishers to trash whatever they want to (white, green or blue fish) and also add to the imperial fishing delivery some gold fishes like cuvier sunfish etc**

Thanks for reading.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Ross Sea new loot table:
    striped bonito, blackfin sea perch, greater amberjack, striped jewfish, tilefish, smokey chromis, nibbler, cuvier, sunfish, tuna, porgy, skate, sea bass, goliath grouper, (luvar?didn't get any yet)
    yellow swordfish, swordfish
    sandeel, cuttlefish, saurel, squid, mudskipper
    seaweed

silver key, relic

Ross sea old loot table:
    striped jewfish, tuna, porgy, luvar
    yellow swordfish, swordfish
    cuttlefish
    sandeel, saurel, squid, mudskipper, seaweed
    silver key, relic

#1 SakuJoe, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Spartakatz

I don't see it worse either. Especially when selling in Valencia, which gives quite a bit more than imperial, plus no restrictions for selling (sunfish at glish normal trader sounds rather bad).
    There's also a reason why triple float preorders skyrocketed to 8+ million already.
    I guess if you could automatically toss green and blue fish at will, it would be rather overpowered, especially ocean fishing. A full inventory golden fish gives 80-90 million.

3. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

a full inventory of gold does not give 80m, not even close, even if u manage to sell all 192 slots at 130%

maybe 50-60m

4. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

If your hot spotting and selling yellow in valencia you'd get pretty close to that figure I sold 130 yellows for 49m, with traders buff m9.

https://gyazo.com/1e7f5e96075cd3189e934fe2e687b67e

Edit: random info also m24 fishing and using +10 balenos + t2 penguin +5 fishing

5. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

it was around 30m with a full inventory before the change (cant have all 192 free slots since u still need to stock on food and the armors) this update made gold worth 2x more on gold so its around 60? keep in mind the longer u fish the less they worth

6. Crimson_Scarlet

Possibly around the 60m mark is the most you'd be able to make before seeing a decent decrease to value, the session that i got the yellows in was around 3 hrs 45 mins including time traveled to val to sell,this was semi active hot spotting , just watching a series while doing it. Was also zipping around on the sail boat with breezy sail helps as well.

For an activity that doesn't require you to much just the mini game its not bad silver if you dont feel like grinding and if we get the introduction of the orange grade fish in KR

https://gyazo.com/f3f3b6c1b3c45af867f2e7462d1a483a

It will be some descent coin,

7. SakuJoe

@Spartakatz After few long AFK of 7H to 9H i can say my income selling fishes to ITD haven't changed. still the same. Yet the number of relics catched is way lower than before ( i've checked the Lifeskill - fishing discord and it seems to be the same for a lot of fishers). My average before was 11 whilst it seems to be around 7 now. Relics in EU worth ~1.5M, so 4 relics x1.5M = 6M loss /AFK. I sometimes do 2 AFK /day (night + work) that a 12M loss/ day. Kinda significant imo...

Trashing Greens and Blues automatically wouldn't change much because it would take a huge amout of time to fill the inventory up with only Golds (not even possible in 24H AFK imo). It would only make relics rate the same as pre-patch.

@Crimson_Scarlet @Spartakatz @GamePois0n
    Indeed TFR pre orders went up to 10M today in EU. Thats because active fishing is extremely profitable now. Like 3 times more than pre-patch. Took me like 3H30min (using TFR) traveling time inclued to sell 175 fishes and get 93M (5 coelacanth only). I had bargain and desert buffs OFC. Fishes values weren't at maximum for most of them since i had to trade crates and lost like an hour to take crates from kama to valencia.
    Depending on fishes values and species, hotspots poping quickly or not, coelacanth hotspots uncontested or not, you might get 100M in 3H travel time inclued.

#7 SakuJoe, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

People need to start realizing that different spots yield different results. For example, Atanis pond's relic rate hasn't changed with the patch.

9. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Exactly. Also it's only been 3 days since the patch, will need a much longer sample time to get a decent average and get a handle on whether the relic rate has changed or not. Before the patch I would get anywhere between 5-15 relics a night, and since the patch it looks to me like that hasn't changed.

Also it looks like a +10 Balenos Rod may not be the way to go for AFK fishing overnight now. Fills up your inventory way too quick. But ofc people would rather rage on the forums than think their way round the problem.

Since the patch I've made more money and got the same amount of relics, exactly what they said in the patch notes. Weird huh.

Crimson_Scarlet and Smileybones like this.
  10. Crimson_Scarlet

Checked out the TFR on NA and it seems to be similar to EU except pre is abit higher.

2018-10-13_292334749.jpg

Havent used it my self as i already have a +10 balenos and +10 mediah , im gona try empty out more stuff from my inventory and fish for abit longer and see how much i can make trading in valencia as its more enjoyable than grind gyfins atm :). If we do get the same fish as KR and masteries with it I can see this being very profitable for little effort.

https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...spirit-skills-manos-sailingfishing-gear-added

Fishing Mastery system has been added.
    - Legendary (Orange-grade) Fishes are added.
    - If you have higher Fishing Mastery you will have more chance of obtaining Legendary fishes and Ancient Relic Crystal Shards.
    - Legendary fishes only spawn in certain spot, and can be sold to Trade Managers with high prices. (Imperial Delivery is not available)
    - The chances of getting Legendary Fishes are the same across all regions, but each region will have different types of fishes.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  11. Crimson_Scarlet

Ok so i went back to hot spotting around 3 hrs 30min - 45 mark (not including travel time to val) parked ship at altinova

153 yellow this time
    2018-10-14_311402005.jpg fish 1.jpg

sold in val with trade buff
    72 mil silver
    2018-10-14_311455617.jpg fish 2.jpg

only used balenos rod

took a cool ss while doing it just coz :)
    2018-10-14_301432744.JPG

So if your trading in for seals or want a chilled activity and have a sail boat this is pretty good silver for very little effort.

#11 Crimson_Scarlet, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    TarkusBlack likes this.
  12. Spartakatz

Here you go, young padawans.

And about relic situation "we can't get relics anymore!!"

2-3 weeks ago: everything sold at max price, market almost empty

couple of days ago since patch: market started to increase relic stock by 1000 every day. this was yesterday:

[​IMG]

this today:
    [​IMG]

#12 Spartakatz, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  13. Crimson_Scarlet

Thats some nice coin you made :), I still need to remove another 20 or so items from my inventory.

As for the relic situation its been increasing for a while on NA as well.

2018-10-14_9798839.jpg

A few question though:

1.How long did you fish for?
    2.What type of rod?
    3.What was the timer like on the fish when you traded them in?

Ive also realised that we've hijacked this thread which was mainly by @SakuJoe detailing there experience from afk fishing, sorry about that, since this is more semi to active fishing. Its nice to know though that hot spot fishing can net you some good silver though.

14. SakuJoe

Indeed some spots haven't changed much, some others seem to be slightly better. I was pointing out that some spots, like the one i'm fishing at, are a bit less interesting. Yet still good for full AFK. If i could flush the greens at least once during the afk it would be far better i guess.

I was just wondering if the new loot table have any influence upon the relics on that spot... I'll EDIT my post and add the new loot table of ross sea.

As long as people come here to share infos and behavior nicely I'm ok with that mate =)

Btw feel free to add any possible change on your favorite fishing spot's loot table guys

15. Crimson_Scarlet

Been trying to maximise the amount of silver I can make from hot spotting from Velia and the islands around Iliya

2018-10-15_60868410.jpg this was my inventory had 180 fish 4 relics

2018-10-15_61218240.jpg result of selling in valencia with trade buff

Might be able to make more but couldnt get rid of bound items and get maybe another 2-3 mil.

For the hot spots them selves have been varying in fish some I've manages to get up to 20 yellows other 2-3, and the single ones with colcanths as well as there random spawn locations with 1 or 2 next to each other or large distances apart.

Also have yet to do this with a triple float and around Port Epheria as well to increase the distance bonus on fish.

So far though this has been rather enjoyable means of making silver :)

TarkusBlack likes this.