1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFK that will make kakao Money! ;)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tjaranis, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Tjaranis

or more money ;P

so as we all know its annoying as f to have the machine running to afk stuff.
    and i was thinking how little sense it makes that your "family" can't do anything when not logged on them, it makes far more sense that you can set each of your family member up with a task; choose one of the afk things; and they will do it at a slower pace, but it will be all family members doing their thing and remove the ability to manual afk them.

as such you are not slowing down the overall speed of afk but splitting it out over many characters.
    Kakao:"but how can we milk more money from that??"
    Me: "simple; an afk fisher obviously makes more with max inventory space, an afk processor obviously make more per cycle with max weight, etc." as such you can now milk us more while removing one of the most annoying and "job like" experiences in the game (you know right after the enhance system which can eat a bag of ....).

or you know just make the system to make sense for the setting, the family stuff, and generally care about creating a better experience and longevity...

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I agree that you should be able to afk offline but I think it should be limited to just one afk activity.

Kanimae likes this.
  3. Tjaranis

would be the easiest route yes.

but i would like to see the "family" act more "alive", meaning your characters are Always doing their own thing. so you have.
    1-2 characters out hunting =getting hunting xp, getting meat+skin+etc. to your warehouse at a slow pace.
    1-2 characters out fishing= you gain a lot of fish in your warehouse and at a very low rate of silver/hour when the warehouse+inventories are full.
    1 character horse training= your horses lvl and get skill and train those skills at a low rate.
    1 training combat=xp+sp+silver drain/cost at a low silver/hour drain.
    1 doing grind/hunting enemies/mobs=low silver/hour income with a very low chance of good drops and a high chance of characters needing x-hours rest in a house with a bed to recuperated dmg/sleep/etc.
    1 doing cooking= x food needed per hour of characters doing stuff.
    etcetcetc.

make the family feel alive, make each character have its own life own day own scripts, and when you log on them you take them over from the task you set them too:
    so you take them over at a realistic point in their day's actions chosen for them...

ALL of these calcs can be pre-done and being a spreadsheet lookup (constant time array lookup=no computation worth mentioning is needed; no performance hit, in worst case slightly longer initiated load time when starting the game).

and I think it would bring a major life feeling to the game in comparison to now.
    you could even mark them as "workers" for allowing players to see them as they move about their day; if you really want to spice it you could allow yourself to talk and converse with them when you meet them as one would expect families do, you could add in a personality trait sheet on each char which has base personality and will gain interest depending on task/lifeskills/knowledge gained for that character; etc.
    all of these could be done in pre-calculated sheets and take no noteworthy computation at runtime (when playing the game).

(yes yes you would need a time counter and list of afk task which increased its int per interval to check pre-calcs for sp/xp/lifeskill increase, but again minimum computation use; in the not worth mentioning range)

--------------
    I do agree 1 char etc. is the simplest and properly what will happen sooner or later, but I think there is SOO much cool stuff you could do with this and it would take Very little effort compared to how much it would add...

and on the monetization side, it would heavily favour those who actually play the characters, buy weight/inv/storage/etc., so it would be an income as well; while still having a positive feel for the player base.
    (or you could ofc. not dime and charge every tiny action you did kakao/pa... but that's not going to happen..)

4. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

didn't they mention in a devblog (last year i think) that they wanted to implement something that you can get a use for the offline-chars (except book reading)

5. Kanimae

I'd like this. Power is expensive over here, can't leave my comp on overnight.

Tjaranis likes this.
  6. Tjaranis

for me it's heat, we feel like we are being boiled if we leave the machines running it in tray...
    but yes the electric bill can definitely see it ;)