1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahib will be the next class after archer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by venus212, Jan 9, 2019.

1. venus212

Have my words here. We will get a male version vedir soon or late.Probably in before/ after new region ( east of Kamaslive&Dregan).
    Got hint from both Gm ao Cm in KR during event time.

Leto85 and DarkBever like this.
  2. Boobah220

I mean we do need another male magic user, so far we only have one and that’s wizard

Magnificent Innuendo likes this.
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well it stands to reason, as we already are aware, as it was stated long ago, that they were working on male & female counterparts to each class, so it would not surprise me. But, if we do, I certainly hope that it is long down the road, as there are other things to focus on this year.

Classes currently without a partner?
    Berserker female
    Dark Knight Male
    Lahn Male
    Tamer Male
    Sorc Male

So if they intend to continue completing that journey, then we have 5 classes to go for a total of a 22 class lineup.

With Grandpa Wario on his cane, and Grandma Val with her walker, perhaps when the family is finally all together at last, we can dish out who's getting the top bunk bed. Oh, and Johnny wants a pair of skates and Susie pulled Timmy's hair.

#3 Andaro, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Pook600, AncientRock, Aiwen and 10 others like this.
  4. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

Seeing as they are going with the whole elf/ahib storyline, I would not be surprised if a "warlock" type male class comes along, a male counterpart to the Dark Knight/Sorceress.

However, lore wise, we only know about the "good" guy elves who protect the roots. In the lore there is really no other mention of them, although I know their lore was shuffled in to make way for the archer, so could stand to reason there were "dark" male elves within the Vedir all along in exile.

5. Blitzball

I would like a female Warrior :D

6. Whitrix

Ambassador

All lore prior to the release of the Archer only mentioned male elves away on an important mission. They tied that vague mention to the Luthraghon and their neverending mission of defending the roots of the Kamasylve.
    The Luthraghon were also said to be a third subrace, not male Ganelle, and use different powers from both Ganelle and Vedir.
    So it would be very weird to have male Vedir.

Viable options right now I would say...
    1. Another Luthraghon but using some kind of dark earth power or black spirit power as a counterpart to the "light" earth power of the Archer and in conjunction with the Dark Knight's Vediant.
    2. They can always invent a new male subrace.

LinaCrysta, Kaalin and Andaro like this.
  7. Corrus

Corrus Musa NA

Yawn....
    They should give us something unique for f sake. Dwarf, female zerker, or what about some really crazy borderline goblin. Not another legolas class.

8. venus212

Its an elf race witcher class.
    Archer belongs to Ganelle according dk lore,just with a sub name as you readed in new archer lore after realeased.But I agree,the nowadays archer are not the traditional archer the Ganelle had before root went sleep, the new guy who received the power of light from root process sth new than his old brothers.Also the Vedir left old Kamslive before Archers go mission of root awakens,because they are the main reason why roots became a halfdead slumber and make themselves get kicked out of home.
    Archers are not only male elves that being existed from long history.

#8 venus212, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Draconnix likes this.
  9. Jupto

Will we be getting extended character limits? Cause 17 is not enough if they make this or maybe a gender change scroll for the F3 store?

10. Analiyah

Ahib is not a class, it's a faction

There are 3 elven races : Ganelle (females), Vedirs (females), Luthragons (Males)
    There are 4 known factions for now (even tho there should be a faction for luths too) : Acher, Lemoria guard, Dark knights, Ahib

Dark knight is also a class, making it the only class which has the name of a faction. Ahib only differs from the dk faction by their politic, but they are mostly composed by DK too (class). So if a new class, belonging to ahib faction, comes to live, It won't be called Ahib, but I even doubt we will get a 3rd female dark power wielder class

Souda likes this.
  11. T800

I hope not. 17 classes is sufficient.
    After Mystic and Archer, i don't think i will jump in to another Gender copy class. We already got all the iconic ones.

Bizmarc89 and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. venus212

It would not be a female class,Ahib and dk belongs to Vedir, and nobody says it's female only faction.Maybe they might change the name of it once it has been announced like archer, but it sure from vedir no doubt ;)

13. Analiyah

It is a female only faction, Luthragons wish for their sister conflict to end, they were never part of the ganelle vs vedir drama, hence they cannot be part of ahib

14. Whitrix

Ambassador

The various NPCs, quests and knowledge entry do literally say there's 3 elven subraces: 2 female (Ganelle, Vedir) and one male (Luthraghon). Pearl Abyss can invent a new male one or use a modified Luthraghon for a more darker DK-like class.
    But, as of now, if they invent a new class and say it's a male Vedir, it'll be a retcon. Which I doubt they'll do. The people at PA have been pretty careful all these years to craft a world they don't randomly retcon from one new content to another. It would be the first major retcon on something like this.

Draconnix likes this.
  15. venus212

Archer belongs to Ganelle, there are only two different groups from the power of Sylvia from very beginning,and it's called Ganelle and Vedir. Only because the new archer who process the power of light from roots named sth new doesn't change the fact they are from Ganelle. There's no lore said Vedir is female only faction either.

16. Whitrix

Ambassador

From quest "Bound in Darkness", NPC: Momellies <Librarian>

Bizmarc89 and Analiyah like this.
  17. venus212

I guess you can see that as a bug in lore that pushing out their kamaslive lore with archer as the one who being released not long days ago.

18. Corrus

Corrus Musa NA

Yeah they just added it to the "lore" (If one can even call that lore with the lack of facts)

19. venus212

Go read dk lore BDO wiki.

20. KiZyO

Ahib? Yeah, this game needs Ahib style shapeshifting class. Like WoW has druid, he could have awakening as ability to shapeshift to beast!

Bizmarc89 likes this.